Dezzy's Xmas Gift To An Elderly Lady

dezzyno.1

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful !!! I love the gorgeous smile on the elderly ladies face. Dezzy lights up her face. Brings a tear to my eye.

Wonderful idea to give her a momento in the form of a photo as well :)

Edited by BC Crazy

thank you for the beautiful comments....gwp4me the nurses at the home are very good and daily do the residents hair, nails etc to make them feel a bit more human.....we love visiting there and at the disability day centre and you get many interesting stories and of course they all love Dezzy and even when he walks in the door he gets a couple of biscuits from the kitchen staff :laugh: ....I hope everyone has a great Christmas and will let you know when Dezzy presents Antionette with her present and let you know of her reaction as I think the staff will get a lovely surprise as well :)

will let you know when Dezzy presents Antionette with her present and let you know of her reaction as I think the staff will get a lovely surprise as well :)

Please take a pic of this lovely moment, too!!!! Antionette... & the staff ... will be thrilled.

BTW when they did research showing the the positive effects therapy dogs have on patients, they found something else. The dogs bring positive benefits to the staff as well.

I love the way you describe Dezzy being so warmly welcomed by the staff. :)

thanks Mita....I think the staff also get as much joy seeing Dezzy arrive as what the residents do...I will get a photo of Antionette with her photo and post it up here....have a Merry Christmas everyone and Happy New Year and stay safe :)

....does everyone think that she will like this photo to have in her room???

ABSOLUTELY........

My Grandmother spent her last months in a dementia nursing home and while I was sadly over seas when she passed away my last memory of her is something I will alwyas cherish.

She was in love with my big soft cuddly boy and I ALWAYS took him on my not frequent enough visits. The last time I saw her and the last thing I remember her doing was saying 'No, let him get up there' as CK put his front feet on the side of her bed. Then she patted him and held his head as she said to CK, 'You look after him, he's a good boy.' (Referring to me.) :cry:

It was always amazing the love she had for CK and just how CK, who jumps all over everyone understood exactly what Gran needed and gave her the respect and space he should have.

I think your friend is very lucky to have met Dezzy and will cherish a pic like that more than she will ever be able to tell you. What a lovely thing to do at Christmas time. :)

Edited by Agility Dogs

thank you Agility Dogs....your story reminds me of my nan in a dementia nursing home but at the time I didn't have dogs but I took the kids in every week...she forgot our names but always rememberd the kids and would cry when she saw them and would nurse them and tell them that they were dear little pets.....I am sure your nan appreciated you for bringing CK in the times that you did....thank you for your story and your kind comments and as I stated previously I will let everyone know what Antionette's reaction is to the photo and if I can will get a photo of her and the photo and maybe some of the staff but it looks like I won't see her until after New Year's but may drop in on her before then :)

• 3 weeks later...

just an update....we went to our first visit to see Antionette after xmas and New Years and she was out....apparently she has some french friends who take her for a coffee once a week on Thursdays....they came back and she opened her present from Dezzy and gave Dezzy a big hug and kiss and Dezzy gave her a kiss back....she had tears in her eyes and kept blowing him kisses she loved it....I am also going to get a smaller size photo and leave it at the nursing home for the friends to pick it up and they are going to send it over to Antionette's family in France....everyone loved it especially Antionette :)