Support For Breeder Community Dolers

Loving my Oldies

I understand totally the reasons that this forum is restricted, but I read it from time to time and sometimes go to post before remembering that I can't.

Therefore, I hope I will be excused from starting a post about threads in that forum, but I just wanted to say how much I am hoping and praying that SLF's girl will be delivered safely of healthy pups after having been bitten by a snake. You must be so anguished, SLF. It was wonderful to read that she was home and seemingly okay.

Looking forward to updates when she has the pups.

Another thread that really really grabbed me was woody2shoes' thread about her newborn pup who wouldn't suckle and, through all efforts by her, is now going great guns.

Lovely threads and I will continue to follow with anticipation, so long as it is remembered: there must be photos :laugh: :laugh:

Edited by Danny's Darling

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always read in that thread and would love to be able to respond and also post my own queries and pics of my pups but my breed is not a ANKC recognised one :(

I'll continue to read anyway as there is some great advise and answers to my questions even though I haven't asked them :)

Danny's Darling - unless the rules have changed recently, you do not have to be a member of the Breeders' Forum to begin a thread. You can post there, but not join an existing thread

Sandgrubber - don't worry, AR move the threads to other locations to discuss them in the lowest and nastiest terms. Oh, and anti-breeder terms.

:) I am not asking for the forum to be opened, Sandgrubber.

If is against the rules, JulesP, I am sure nutters of other persuasions will soon be reporting me to the administrator. :laugh:

I started the thread because there were not many people posting in the threads I mentioned and the OPs may not have realised that they had a lot more support than was evident, so sending a PM (which is a nice gesture) would not have the effect of letting the posters know that others were thinking of them and their dogs and wishing them well.

Just taken another look at the Breeders Community forum, Jed, and it says no to starting a new topic as well as posting in an existing thread.

And I will repeat: I completely understand why this is so, I have no hidden agenda and have not wish for the rules to be changed :) :)

I started the thread because there were not many people posting in the threads I mentioned and the OPs may not have realised that they had a lot more support than was evident, so sending a PM (which is a nice gesture) would not have the effect of letting the posters know that others were thinking of them and their dogs and wishing them well.

Ummm if you send the OP a PM then surely they will realise that you are supporting them.

Ummm if you send the OP a PM then surely they will realise that you are supporting them.

That's right, didn't you know forums weren't for discussion! No threads to be created, all communication must be private :scold:

Edited by minimax

That's right, didn't you know forums weren't for discussion! No threads to be created, all communication must be private :scold:

If the people involved wanted a discussion about their breeding issues on General they would have put it on General and not in Breeders.

Whilst it hasn't been done with any evil intent it is still bad forum etiquette.

Just taken another look at the Breeders Community forum, Jed, and it says no to starting a new topic as well as posting in an existing thread.

And I will repeat: I completely understand why this is so, I have no hidden agenda and have not wish for the rules to be changed :) :)

My apologies, the rules have obviously changed since I last looked. :o As far as moving stuff from breeders to general forum --- I doubt there is any problem with what you have said.

What WAS the problem was rampant AR nazis moving things so they could all shoot a few arrows and rant and rage about filthy breeders. This is why many of the people who used to post there, don't now.

You go for it, DD, all breeders need a boost every now and again!! :)

I didn't see a single post where anyone was 'discussing' SLFs breeding issues, just a few people wishing her bitch a good recovery and safe delivery of her pups. It makes sense to put it in breeders so that people with breeding experience can offer advise without random know it alls offering their own advise when they don't really have the experience to do so BUT a lot of others would simply like to wish them well and that's all that happened here.

• 2 weeks later...