Growing Old

rusty&biscuit

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my old man Lestat. He'll be 11 in March.

Poor old man is very weak in the rear, has cancer and is going blind but he still lives every day with joy

Oh Lestat is so beautiful!

I hate it when my favourite rescues GRR and LabraDOG have grey mask faced dogs. They're so lovely!

Law that is so adorable! Cherry does that all the time too (see sig), I think we have some very cute and refined old ladies :D

Wow Rozzie that is amazing, 21! He's older than me! How special to have had him for so long :)

I think everyone's dogs are so special :) does anyone have any tips worth sharing on enhancing an old dogs life and keeping them feeling young... ish? :)

12218329186_5ab2bc59c7_z.jpg

Bella at 14 by Rivamist, on Flickr

I don't come in to the forum very often now, but visited for a quick browse and saw this thread and it is so exactly like me and Bella I had to post and went outside and took a photo. Bella is 14 now, but she did start to slow down about the same age as Cherry - and she was also my introduction to agility (and showing and obedience and breeding), so we have learnt a lot together along the way. Bella has developed a bit of a breathing problem recently so can do even less now, but still very happy and I still get a bouncy excited greeting every day. She is having some lumps removed tomorrow.

I think everyone should join the 52 weeks photo project with our oldies (if you haven;t already, this thread has inspired me to do another year of photos of her now that she is older, as I haven't taken photos of her forever.

ETA - she is looking a bit moth eaten because I accidently started clipping her with a 15 blade instead of a no 5 blade LOL

Edited by helen

What a day for me to come into this thread. :cry:

We gave our oldest girl her wings yesterday. Indiana was 14. All our recent photos of her and Em, our 13 year old, are on Instagram and I don't know how to put them up here, but here's a blog entry my OH wrote last night which has lots of photos in it: Goodbye Indiana Paddledog

I checkout out the blog, it is a beautiful tribute to Indiana, but very sad too

Poor old man is very weak in the rear, has cancer and is going blind but he still lives every day with joy

how cute, my girl Bella can still see fine, but is deaf as a doorknob

Absolutely gorgeous. Cherish your time together and always have the camera handy.

Lestat looks so regal in black and white. :love:

post-14199-0-10201700-1391079386_thumb.jpeg

This is a pic of Nelsson just before christmas. He is now 14.5 :) I got a puppy 3 weeks ago and in the last couple of days, Nelsson chased (slowly) a kong :eek: Nelsson has never been a ball or anything chaser in the back yard. Would occasionally chase a stick on the beach. Then today, I was squatting down about to throw a rope toy for Evie and Nelsson grabbed it from behind when I put my arm back to throw it :rofl: He then grabbed it and had a chew a couple more times :D