Spine Suddenly Unstable :(

Kirislin

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh K. You must be feeling bruised and battered and so lost today. My deepest sympathies for the loss of your beautiful beautiful girl, Kibah.

At times like these I recall the old adage:

'Tis better to have loved and lost

Than never to have loved at all.

Small comfort now, but be sure we know the depths of your sorrow.

I hadnt posted before because I really didn't know what to say .... this morning I am saddened by your loss. You gave kibah a wonderful life and also did the kindest thing you could for her in her time of need. She would have been comforted by you being there with her and ensuring her gentle passing. She will live in your heart forever.

thankyou all. A horrible sad day yesterday was eased by friends.

The night before I'd told Nekos breeder that Kibah wasn't well, but I thought I'd have a bit more time with her. Yesterday I rang him to let him know that her time had come sooner than I'd hoped and bless him, he surprised me by saying he had taken the day off work to come and be with me. He's got a good job and doesn't take sickies lightly so it was last thing I'd expected.

He got here in time to say goodbye to Kibie and then went and dug her grave for me in soil like concrete. He's a slender elegant man with a build more suited to a modelling catwalk than wielding a pick and shovel, so it was hard work for him.

We didn't have the right tools and he'd only got about half way when I rang some other friends who came with a crow bar and finished the job.

My friend then brought out a bottle of French champagne and the 4 of us stood out there dirty and dusty and toasted Kibahs life. It was a bitter sweet day and good to be reminded that I have some truly wonderful friends.

Iggy Mum will come today and we will bury Kibah together. She loved her too as one of her own.

I'm going to get a fig tree to plant on her grave, and not just any fig tree. I'd planned on buying a Black Genoa, but my friends Italian neighbour has a tree he smuggled out from Italy in the 1950's and has offered to get a cutting or shoot off it. I suspect if someone went to all that trouble to bring a tree to Australia it will be a good eating one. Kibah loved fruit so it will be fitting that she will be buried under it.

I've just had a bit of a shock. There must have been much more wrong with Kibah than showed. I've just buried her but as soon as I picked her up to wrap her in her shroud alot of blood came out of her nose or mouth, and I mean alot. I wasn't grossed out by it, but I was shocked. I think perhaps she might have also had a tumor in her lungs. As far as I know, it never caused her pain while she was alive, but if her neck and spine hadn't brought her down, this soon would have. I feel it was good she went when she did, not a moment too soon.