Help! My Stafford Is Pregnant

tesslc

Tesslc - Sorry about the little one who wasn't meant for this world .

is there a box/mattress you can put alongside your bed for the new family which will mean everyone gets sleep ? :)

Glad they are all doing so well!

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tesslc - Sorry about the little one who wasn't meant for this world .

is there a box/mattress you can put alongside your bed for the new family which will mean everyone gets sleep ? :)

Glad they are all doing so well!

Yes try to settle them beside your bed at night.I would worry if a pup fell off the bed and you need to get your sleep..

Congratulations...look forward to updates as the pups grow..

Can I just say a very big thank you to those who have been helpful, honest but not horrendously judgmental in this situation - who knows but the OP could one day become a registered breeder through having enjoyed this experience. Rescuing and whelping pregnant bitches was THE thing that led me to becoming an exhibitor and registered breeder.

So our puppies are nearly a week old and are putting on a lot of weight. They have both pretty well tripled their birth weight and feed every chance they get. Both of them cry a lot, although more so the boy, which was a little concerning but it's usually when mums not in the box so they are probably just looking for her.

So our puppies are nearly a week old and are putting on a lot of weight. They have both pretty well tripled their birth weight and feed every chance they get. Both of them cry a lot, although more so the boy, which was a little concerning but it's usually when mums not in the box so they are probably just looking for her.

Do you have a heated whelping box? Or a heated mat? Vocalisation can often be because they are cold.

We're fairly sure it's because they are hot. We are up north so it's 30 degrees plus in the day and although we have the aircon on in the room it was set at 29. Turned it down and they seem much happier.

We need some more pics! :D

Agree! More photos please. :D

And sorry to read about losing the pup.

I agree with other posters, for someone so new at this, you are remarkably calm. I am also liking the help and support being offered, so nice to see. :)

Some updated pictures. I apologise if the images aren't that clear - I'm resizing from my iphone which I've never tried before.

I should say that calm is not a word to describe me last week. I don't think I could ever be a breeder. This has been soooo stressful! Thankfully I have had lots of help from all of you, my breeder and vet!

post-51985-0-97443900-1401361737_thumb.jpg

post-51985-0-97459500-1401361936_thumb.jpg