Need Urgent Advice Re A Rash

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Her bloods were better this morn and her temp is going down. No change to the swelling or redness either way but no shakies, so I'm happy with that. We have to go back in again this arvo to re-check her temp. I think recovery is going to be slow but at least the whole bone marrow and cancer fear seems to be gone. I'd personally be very happy with just one uninterrupted night's sleep!

We've probably seen a 5 - 10% improvement overnight and her temp has finally just made it back into healthy range. I'm happy that we haven't had any flare ups even if the improvement is slow as that means we are on the right path. Her appetite is still very poor though, which has never been an issue for this girl.

Tempeh has been mighty cheesed off at all the 'solo outings' Stussy seems to be getting this week!

These little animals cause us so much heart ache. Stussy's condition sure sounds a tricky one. I hope the improve continues.

Mooch City is having its own little drama today too.

Where in Brisbane do you go for emergencies? So long since I've been gone and many years before I became a Mad Dog Woman.

These little animals cause us so much heart ache. Stussy's condition sure sounds a tricky one. I hope the improve continues.

Where in Brisbane do you go for emergencies? So long since I've been gone and many years before I became a Mad Dog Woman.

i think the only emergency vet is at logan now

http://www.animalemergencyservice.com.au/

ETA a quick google just showed emergency vets at albany creek, stafford heights and wollangabba too.

Edited by aliwake

There is an Anvet in my town open on a Sunday but after hours there is a vet hospital at Springwood about 15 mins north. One of our usual vets took a stab in the dark about the vasculitis and the biopsy came back today confirming it. Don't think he has seen it before (he is also young but seems to balance out my fave vet (who has been practising for a long time) with new ideas and technology)but he said to me today that he loves working with owners who are willing to do what is necessary to identify and address a difficult health issue rather than being focussed on how much it is going to cost and questioning whether it is even necessary. Apparently he did about $300 worth of xrays on Ms Stussy but because he didn't get my approval he didn't charge me for them. And they could've made her stay in overnight after the afternoon sedation (especially since we had to go back in again early the following morning for more blood tests and in the afternoon for temp checks) but they know I will actually take all their advice, closely monitor her and take her to the emergency vet if there was a problem, so I like to think we have a mutually beneficial relationship focussed on what is best for my girls. He even rang me with the biopsy results from home today as it was his day off. I've got something special planned for him and the clinic staff as a thank you. I couldn't ask for a better group of people during a time in need.

• 7 months later...

Hi Little Gifts - sorry to raise an old topic, but I was wondering if you could let me know which vet you go to? I think you are in Beenleigh just up the road from me?

Juno has a huge rash at the moment and I suspect it might be hives... not resonding to calendula tea or the cream we use that normally clears up any rashes in a day. We don't have any swelling like poor Stussy but the rash looks so uncomfortable and she is starting to scratch it raw.

I'm just not convinced that my vet is going to be very thorough with skin issues. The last skin issue we took to them was the time Hunter had something which I though might be a ringworm mark he told me it was just from his harness rubbing... wasn't anywhere near where his harness sat, and he hadn't worn it recently anyway.