Have You Already Picked Out Breed/name For Your Next One?

Georgie is a nice girls name :)

I never name pets until I've met them - I can't! I worry that when I finally have a human baby it won't "look" like the names I have picked (George for a boy - LOL - Its a family thing on my hubbys side, and Amanda May if its a girl).

I've always wanted to call a pet 'Flansburgh' but haven't met the right one yet.

Flansburgh is a much better name than John!

and yes we had our next breed picked out when our pup was 6 months old, she's 1.5 now and we're still planning the new dog for another 6-12 months time. Tentative name was picked out ages ago too

Sounds lilt there might be another TMBG fan here ;)

Yes I agree Flansburgh is a better name, also my Dad and hubbys grandfather are both John so it can't be a pet name here :)

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my breed picked out (I hope to be the one breeding her) and I know I'm having a Disney theme - probably Lion King, as Nala is my girl. I love the names Simba, Mufasa, Sarabi and Sarafina (especially Sarafina, my name is Sarah but hubby won't let me name a child Sarafina that because it sounds like a prostitutes name?).

I may settle on a call name Lulu for a keeper girl, as I'm planning on it being a play on words for the sort of dog she'll be.

Solomon is the other name I will use for a boy. And other themes for litters I want are Royal, and Mythology.

Sounds lilt there might be another TMBG fan here ;)

Yes I agree Flansburgh is a better name, also my Dad and hubbys grandfather are both John so it can't be a pet name here

We are everywhere..... :D

Singe did want to name Flansy Conant after Johns middle name but I talked him out of it :p

Got breed, sex and breeder picked out for the next one ( just need landlords permission haha)

It has to start with G. And we have had many arguements that my names don't suit. Gojira, Gremlin, Gizmo and Ghost aren't dog names apparently

Oh come on, that's an awesome name!

You need to take that one back to the discussion table I think :D

Got breed, sex and breeder picked out for the next one ( just need landlords permission haha)

It has to start with G. And we have had many arguements that my names don't suit. Gojira, Gremlin, Gizmo and Ghost aren't dog names apparently

Oh come on, that's an awesome name!

You need to take that one back to the discussion table I think :D

I have a friend with a pug called gremlin, apparently that was his condition for getting a pug

Yes I do have several breeds and names planned.

Although, having said that, I haven't actually decided on what breed the next dog will be... I might stick with Danes, that would be nice, but I have some other breeds that I like to at least imagine owning.

Bullmastiff male named Sheridan

Bullmastiff female named Natasha

Italian Spinone male named Guido or Dolce

Italian Spinone female named Florence

Dane Male called Fidel

Dane female called Chummy

I usually have a few names picked out, then when I get the puppy I choose from one of them.

Having said that my last 2 BC's names where picked before I got them. Sonny was always going to be Sonny & Stella May the same. And the names suit both perfectly IMHO.

I have a few names picked out for my next boy hopefully from the same breeder as Sonny. If they will have me back again when the time is right :crossfingers: I do get a tad excited about the whole 'new puppy' thing. Bit like a kid in a candy shop :o Hopefully they are used to that with me now.

Breed is a given for me - Pyrenean Mountain Dog.

I don't tend to pick pet names before I 'meet' the pup. I find pups tend to name themselves.

The times I have had an idea of what name I would call the pup, I changed my mind when I met them.

Sometimes the name has come as a sort of instantaneous 'recognition' that that is who the pup is.

I do have a list of potential (registered) names. A whole A4 page in three columns... mostly divided alphabetically....

I have used this list for naming pups and find it very handy

When I think of things, or hear a name I like, I add it to the list for future reference

All my last litter were given names from the list and I expect that will continue.

With the pup I kept from my last litter, I did have an idea what registered name I would use for that pup as it was a play on a name that features heavily in her pedigree.

Her pet name though ended up completely different to anything I was thinking of, though there was a strange thought progression to get there (registered name Albine=Beanie Baby=Nina=Nena)

I have a whole list of potential future puppy names on my phone that I am always adding to. :laugh: I always joke that I'm going to call my next BC Velociraptor (Raptor for short) but I'm actually growing attached to the name haha :o

Velociraptor works, You've got Cira (pronounced sirra) as a pretty shortening for a girl or Loci or Raptor which work well for a boy :)

ETA an afterthought. Velicoraptor actually makes sense given they were actually feathered as are many dog breeds :D (The 'velociraptors' in movies llike Jurrasic Park are more like another closely related group Deinonychus.) This is information I learn from my daughter LOL

Edited by kelpiecuddles

Velociraptor works, You've got Cira (pronounced sirra) as a pretty shortening for a girl or Loci or Raptor which work well for a boy :)

ETA an afterthought. Velicoraptor actually makes sense given they were actually feathered as are many dog breeds :D (The 'velociraptors' in movies llike Jurrasic Park are more like another closely related group Deinonychus.) This is information I learn from my daughter LOL

Glad someone agrees with me lol!

My boyfriend thought I was insane when I told him I'd found the perfect puppy name :p

Glad someone agrees with me lol!

My boyfriend thought I was insane when I told him I'd found the perfect puppy name :p

Love velociraptor!

such an awesome name hahah

And unique too, ive never met one anywhere ;)

I have already picked out my next breeder & the dam & it will be another border collie of course. At present she is still just a pup. So it wont happen for at least 4 years, but thought I should put myself on the waiting list :laugh: I have no idea of names, but I think I will go for a girl :) I just hope my present girl who will be about 11 years old by then, doesn't have her nose put out. This will probably be my last performance dog, but not my last BC :)