Have You Already Picked Out Breed/name For Your Next One?

I think I may be a little strange as our next puppy isn't even a twinkle in the eye of the bitch who will be it's mother yet but I'm already completely set on what his name will be :laugh:

I figured there would probably be plenty of others in DOL world who are just as weird so share yours! I've even picked a name for his show name but due to paranoia over someone else using it I won't share that :p

Our next one will be a basset called George :o The litter is already planned and he'll come out of an amazing pairing, just got to wait for her to come in to season now! The only thing that might get in the way is if the one that is picked for us turns out to be a girl but hopefully there will be a nice male puppy for us. :)

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Georgie is a nice girls name :)

I never name pets until I've met them - I can't! I worry that when I finally have a human baby it won't "look" like the names I have picked (George for a boy - LOL - Its a family thing on my hubbys side, and Amanda May if its a girl).

I've always wanted to call a pet 'Flansburgh' but haven't met the right one yet.

Yep I did this but was disappointed when the mating didn't take. I actually had played with show names for the whole litter at the request of the breeder. So now I/we have to wait much much longer. *sigh*

I like the girls name Georgie but it doesn't work with the reason he's getting that name, could only use it on a boy. ;) My husband doesn't know I've chosen that name or the registered name I've chosen and both were picked specifically due to his long held desire to have a boy dog called George as a result of something from his childhood so I'm going to organise it and surprise him with the name and show name which go together :)

I've got a name for my next shiba after one of my boys pops off his mortal coil. I want a black and tan girl but the name works just as well for a boy. (I've never had a girl dog... it scares me!)I'm planning on calling She(or he) Duende

It depends on if the name "fits" the dog after I meet them of course...

I've always wanted to call a pet 'Flansburgh' but haven't met the right one yet.

So did I... and I did. Meet Flansburgh, aka Flansy. Officially known as BYMYSIDE Sleeping N The Flowers :D

post-26200-0-91999200-1402908558_thumb.jpg

The obvious question remains... I know my reasons, but why do you want to use the name Flansburgh?

I have some names I'd love to use, but unfortunately they haven't suited any of the dogs I've owned so far. One day I'd like to have a lab called Taniwha (NZers will get this!) and a Shitzu called Dougal. And maybe one day I'll have a dog called Friday. I was going to give this name to a little guy that I adopted from the pound on his pts day (Friday, of course), but after I'd had him a few days I realised it just didn't suit him - he ended up being called Squirt :)

A friend of mine from many years ago named her son Dougal, gorgeous name and I'd love to use it but I'd probably be accused of naming him after the dog from The Magic Roundabout(childrens TV show for those who aren't regularly inflicted with ABC kids shows)

A friend of mine from many years ago named her son Dougal, gorgeous name and I'd love to use it but I'd probably be accused of naming him after the dog from The Magic Roundabout(childrens TV show for those who aren't regularly inflicted with ABC kids shows)

The magic roundabout is why I want to use it :) (yes, i know Dougal is supposed to be a Skye, but look at the pictures - he could be a Shitzu too - right??)

Despite having a few names in the back of my head for dogs of the future, I generally find that a name pops into my head when I see the dog.

When all my existing dogs have crossed the bridge, I'll probably be too old, but I see myself tottering around the neighbourhood with a couple of equally doddery Greyhounds called Flash and Racer LOL.

The magic roundabout is why I want to use it :) (yes, i know Dougal is supposed to be a Skye, but look at the pictures - he could be a Shitzu too - right??)

Actually, the creator of the show insisted that Dougal (Pollux in the original French show) was based on a Lhasa Apso.... So you are not that far off!

I've got a name for my next shiba after one of my boys pops off his mortal coil. I want a black and tan girl but the name works just as well for a boy. (I've never had a girl dog... it scares me!)I'm planning on calling She(or he) Duende

It depends on if the name "fits" the dog after I meet them of course...

So did I... and I did. Meet Flansburgh, aka Flansy. Officially known as BYMYSIDE Sleeping N The Flowers :D

post-26200-0-91999200-1402908558_thumb.jpg

The obvious question remains... I know my reasons, but why do you want to use the name Flansburgh?

Actually I think I saw his name the other day and wondered if it was the same reference but was too lazy to ask.

It's a TMBG reference. I prefer JL as a songwriter, but I think JF has the cooler name. ;)

P.s. What a cute fat face :D

Edited by Scottsmum

I've always wanted to call a dog 'Pia', haven't had the right dog.

Willow was going to be "Willy" in a long past conversation that I forgot I had with my daughter. She hated it, so we had settled on 'Willa' or 'Will-o' as in Will-o-the wisp.

A few years down the track, we have a Willow. Totally had forgotten about the previous conversation till I had a 'der' moment one evening on the way home from work. :laugh:

She is also called, 'wibbs', 'pibbs', 'did did did', 'wibbles', 'wills' and 'Thunderpaws'.

I have a Grand Basset Griffin Vindeen who I had intended to call "Curly". After spending a few hours with her it was immediately obvious that her name was "Bubbles".

I have names I like but I know agree with Showdog - I need to know them first but I do like if their call name fits in with their registered name.

Guest donatella

I desperately want a giant fluffy when I am out of the rental market. Thinking a Newfoundland and has to be a boy I couldn't handle 3 bitches!

Edited by donatella