Can Someone Help This Pom Asap Before She Gets In Wrong Hands

Guest donatella

Yay a place...thumbsup1.gif

Now waiting to hear from one of you wonderful girls if this little Pom is actually still available - which will no doubt depend on the advertiser actually replying to your contact. Which might be instantly or tomorrow or next week.

I'm really not very good at waiting LOLlaugh.gif

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay a place...thumbsup1.gif

Now waiting to hear from one of you wonderful girls if this little Pom is actually still available - which will no doubt depend on the advertiser actually replying to your contact. Which might be instantly or tomorrow or next week.

I'm really not very good at waiting LOLlaugh.gif

The collective will of DOL might be in action now, RuralPug.

Paws crossed for Coco

:cry:

Burwood NSW wherever that is.

I don't know either but judging from the postcode is it in Sydney somewhere?

Approx 20 km from the CBD of Sydney. Fringe of the inner suburbs.

I doubt it would be even that, VM, not that that matters :). I first put my toe in the murky waters of Rescue at Burwood Pound many years ago - became a dog walker on Saturdays for 5 years.

I hope someone can get her to Maree :crossfingers:

Can't write here what I would like to...needs someone to love her like we DID! :mad

[/quote

Yes .... my sentiments exactly.... Poor little girl :( I hope she can find a loving, forever home very soon instead of a somewhat disposable one.

Edited by BC Crazy

I've only just seen this thread, I'm close to Burwood and happy to help too. I'm headed in that direction this evening even. Sydney peeps who have offered to help in this thread, you have my number so please call me if I can help. I don't want to stick an oar in the works, just offering. She looks absolutely adorable.

Where does she need to get to - Maree where are you? (eta: I can see your profile says ACT now! sorry) :)

*paws crossed*

Edited by Panto

These things go so fast, literally in minutes. :( She probably won't be there or the owners tell you you're second in line, there's zero time to work with.

I'm not, repeat not, not not , advising everyone to go grab all the gumtree dogs but with a little/toy desirable entire girl it's sometimes more effective to call immediately and get the owners to commit to giving you the dog: then chase up a decent rescue (if you can't find one at least you tried and the dog will go to the next in line).

Don't always assume the owners have no idea how to rehome but they can be too trusting of strangers. Try to be polite and helpful with decent advice r.e making educated choices.

Some will insist the dog won't go into rescue, they get abusive PM's from welfare nutters about FTGH, dog fight bait, puppy farms etc etc.

I advertised a little old local lady's missing cat. OMG there's some keyboard animal welfare freaks out there. :laugh: It's enough to put anybody off.

These things go so fast, literally in minutes. :( She probably won't be there or the owners tell you you're second in line, there's zero time to work with.

I'm not, repeat not, not not , advising everyone to go grab all the gumtree dogs but with a little/toy desirable entire girl it's sometimes more effective to call immediately and get the owners to commit to giving you the dog: then chase up a decent rescue (if you can't find one at least you tried and the dog will go to the next in line).

Don't always assume the owners have no idea how to rehome but they can be too trusting of strangers. Try to be polite and helpful with decent advice r.e making educated choices.

Some will insist the dog won't go into rescue, they get abusive PM's from welfare nutters about FTGH, dog fight bait, puppy farms etc etc.

I advertised a little old local lady's missing cat. OMG there's some keyboard animal welfare freaks out there. :laugh: It's enough to put anybody off.

Yes, unfortunately those puppy farmers and other unscrupulous types constantly watch Gumtree and other sites for dogs like this.

You rarely ever get called back. I generally avoid Gumtree, it's just too upsetting most of the time. I do send emails advising people on how to rehome their dogs with some handy tips - sometimes I get abused, mostly I get no response. I can only hope that it wasn't too late.

This happens all the time with greyhounds FTGH on Gumtree. The anti racing fanatics ring trainers that are advertising on GT and abuse the crap out of them, trainers pull the dog and euth it. They have no idea the damage they've done as trainers won't bother again, I have personally spoken to trainers and all I can say is yes...freaks is the correct word :(

Agree with this. I have found with entire dogs it is best to just act fast and quietly (including not posting on DOL) and to stay right away from moralising.

Is it possible for someone (ideally a rescue) to put up an add something like

wanted small dog or puppy...

the sort of inverse of the ftgh going OS kinds of posts. So that when someone wants to rehome their little dog they see someone "wants" their puppy and gets a bit educated about puppy mills and why they should always put a fee on their dog.

Maybe a link to the pet rescue - need to rehome info page.

http://www.petrescue.com.au/library/articles/help-i-need-to-rehome-my-pet

And maybe a rescue could put the "puppies for sale" educational ad up too... ie how to find a good breeder or rescue, how old the puppy should be etc.

I figure if gumtree allows the scumbags to advertise - they should allow for some educational ads by rescues that are set up to be noticed by people who need to rehome their dog or people looking for a puppy.

You probably want to use a dedicated gmail account for contact - to keep the ratbags off your door step...

Is this possible, done already, a good idea, failed (why)?

I think it's been tried :)

Maybe I should try a breed specific experiment one day.

There's two problems and the first, which I can see isn't exactly what you're suggesting but would be interpreted as such, is that for a dog rescue to advertise that they want free dogs is kind of frowned upon when you've got so many poundies. The ones with no 16D have done it before and it's always looked wrong, the last one turned out to be doing very dodgy things.

& One in particular was saying they would take animals you had found so they don't have to go to the pound. That is illegal and plain stupid.

A few times it's been tried (and probably still is, by volunteers with enough time) to flood the site with poundies and rescues (and educational stuff about rescue & rehoming) so they compete against the BYB's which is a good idea but you have to keep hammering away constantly.

Second problem is that it's exhausting. A trip to Gumtree Crazy Town with no map.

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. :laugh:

Edited by Powerlegs

on one of my net profiles, I've got a signature with a link to RSPCA how to choose a puppy info - and I've called it "puppies for sale" - it freaked the moderators out the first time they saw it - until they clicked on it and saw where it went. I guess I could create another one for people who need to rehome... dogs wanted and point it at the pet rescue rehoming info...

There must be a way - even if we had a roster of people to place the ads. And then link them back to organisations that already deal with it. Breed specific rescue is good but it would probably be easier to provide info to allow the gumtree people a way to find it themselves.

Gumtree is the home of lazy people but it's also the home of the ignorant so every little bit would help - if we save a couple of dogs a month or redirect a couple of would be puppy mill buyers that way, would it be worth it?