Strange But Good Comments

Kajirin

I suprised a lady at a dog show once, I was walking around when I saw her and her lagotto. I said to her what a lovely lagotto and she looked up at me and said "No he isn't a labra.. wait what? yes yes he is a lagotto! would you like to pat him" Made my day to get to meet him and the lady as well as she told me quite a bit about the breed. However she did look quite frazzled so she must get "Is that a (insert randomoodle here)" a fair bit.

--Lhok

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have had people ask if my GSD was a wolf :laugh:

The Lappie gets husky x ALL the time but I did once have a man run after us at the park very excited as he recognised the breed from his time spent in Finland.

I must admit I got very excited once at a market after spotting someone with curly coated retrievers. She was quite happy to have some one recognise them so of course we spent almost an hour talking about the breed :D

Another funny. My 7 year old has decided when she grows up she wants a pug so when ever we see a pug out I point it out to her. So of course the 2 year old has been taking this all in. While riding bikes on the weekend Miss 2 spotted an Australian bull dog(at a guess) and started excitedly calling out pug, pug. The owner had a great laugh with us :laugh:

I do training in our front yard sometimes as the high school kids are going past, and nearly all the girls go 'awwwww cuuuuuuuute!'

And nearly all the boys go 'holy f...!'

Del and I prefer the 'awwwww cuuuuute!' :)

We were at the park with our 2 once and a curly coated retriever came bounding up. I'd never seen one in real life before so asked the owner what he was. He told me and after he left OH scoffed and said there was no such thing, I was like 'ummmm... actually...' :p

and surprisingly people sometimes ask what Collie is, I think the liver confuses them so they need to make sure he is what they think he is

Edited by Leah82

post-1382-0-81094800-1406591342_thumb.jpg

This is a photo of Whitney - great dane. On the weekend we were at a local market with her and Harry (greyhound) and a guy asked me if she was an Irish Wolfhound cross! Also got asked if she was a wiemaraner which isn't unusual because of her colour. One lady asked if she was crossed with something as she is so small (about 54kgs), which is also pretty common with her.

Harry, on the other hand, got lot's of cuddles and comments on his green collar and not wearing a muzzle.

There was also a beautiful ridgeback there that I got to pat :)

Love seeing pure bred dogs around as around here there a lot of small oodles.

I get lots of 'what healthy, well cared for dogs' comments. I like the 'what well trained dogs' comments :)

Amber's colour confuses people so I get asked what she is a lot. A guy called her a lovely 'tri' the other day, close enough :laugh:

A friend has 2 Belgians and gets asked constantly what they are.

That reminds me JulesP when I was training Wiz at the local shops one night and a guy came over and started watching. He said "Sorry to interrupt you but I just have to say what you are doing with your dog is amazing. I could never do that. Great job." It was lovely, but made me feel so embarrassed!

That reminds me JulesP when I was training Wiz at the local shops one night and a guy came over and started watching. He said "Sorry to interrupt you but I just have to say what you are doing with your dog is amazing. I could never do that. Great job." It was lovely, but made me feel so embarrassed!

Never be like that.

Take it as a compliment for all your hard wrok.

I still long for Horrible Herbert to walk at heel as your avatar shows.

:thumbsup:

I have friends who think my Aussie shepherd looks like my Border Collie eek1.gif Only my Aussie is a well-bred red tri and the BC is red with questionable parentage (could be one of two dogs) eek1.gif

But I took my Aussie to the local football and he got a lot of fans haha, especially the little kids (maybe 5 yo?) that we let take him for a walk thumbsup1.gif he loved it.

Never be like that.

Take it as a compliment for all your hard wrok.

I still long for Horrible Herbert to walk at heel as your avatar shows.

:thumbsup:

Thanks VM, if Daisy my beagle can do it any dog can ;) :thumbsup:

I like those comments more than the "Beautiful/pretty dog" comments biggrin.gif

I often get them about my boy being well behaved in public or if someone sees us doing flat work in a park.

Don't be embarrassed be proud!

I often get them about my boy being well behaved in public or if someone sees us doing flat work in a park.

This reminds me of my little ‘fans’ at the park.

I have a park around the corner that I like to take my agility practice equipment to as it is really quiet and rather unknown. Its on a quiet street and the kids from a house across the road (I would guess around 5 and 7years old?) often come over to watch. They now keep camping chairs near their gate and will come and set up to watch hahah

Though Henry is the only name they remember, the little girl calls Kokoda ‘cicada’ and Deniki’s name is Tina (he’s a boy..) :laugh:

The parents came and introduced themselves the other day to check that the kids never got in the way, and the man asked if I put my training on youtube because it is so good :) It was lovely.

I am in no way a shy person and I am usually really proud to work my dogs in front of other people, however, something about a complete stranger commenting in public feels sooooo embarrassing! :laugh:

What nice comments,DeNali,you must be very good! I've lost count of the number of people who refer to Lulu(a JS ) as a Samoyed puppy. :)

I wouldn't say I am 'very good' at all, not terrible, but not amazing like some.

We aren't even up to competition standard yet, but it still impresses passerbys and non-doggy people :)

I can imagine you would get that, impressive that people also know what samoyeds are though!

I know what you mean Huski, sometimes i just don't know what to say when complimented. I just smile awkwardly usually :laugh:

ETA: Huski, not juski..

Edited by denali