Doctor Charged & Convicted Of Cruelty

VizslaMomma

What a creep.

Oddone by name, odd one by nature.

The punishment was nothing.

No normal person beats a dog half to death for defacating on the carpet. Wonder what he does to his kids? He looks like a lazy bully too.

Bad cess to him.

Wonder what he does to his kids?

Yes, that crossed my mind too. Apparently his wife has taken him back since this "incident".

I wonder what his children will feel when they grow up to discover (and they will because of social media) that their father beat a tiny little dog almost to death just because he was angry?

I hope DOCS is keeping an eye on him.

Will not repeat the names I would like to call this creature. I hope that the publicity around this case puts him out of a job.

so they could have given him a $22,000 penalty, but didn't? he is a surgeon, and yet still they don't give him the toughest monetary fine. :mad

This. I know he paid the vet bill of $15000 as well as his $5000 fine but I would have liked to see hi take a deeper hit to the pockets. Hopefully he will watch his temper in future and not harm an animal again.

I was also shocked when I saw this, but then I started wondering if it would have been any different if the dog in question had been a bigger dog. It would also have been awful of course but would you have felt any differently?

If it were a bigger dog that defended itself we would be reading about a vicious dog attacking a respected member of the community. Don't care how big (or little) the dog is this guy is an a**hole.

What is with members of the Medical profession and animal cruelty lately? First the disgusting Nurse dog-pimp and now this low life. Wow, what a big man you are bashing a poor defenceless dog. And over something so trivial, if that indeed was the case. If you have kids that age then surely a you are used to all sorts of bodily fluids...I personally think that "diarrhoea on the carpet" bit was a pathetic attempt by the defence to try to get the sympathy vote or at least the "human's get angry when pets poop" vote.

I don't care if it's a Papillion or a Great Dane, you do NOT bash a dog. Hell, he broke "over a dozen" of the dog's ribs. And that supposedly happened as "knee jerk" reaction? Sorry but last time my "knee jerked", I didn't bash a poor dog senseless! :mad

The defence also claims "It was a single act, it wasn't ... repetitious actions." Really? To inflict that much damage... in a single action? Sure it's a small dog, but I highly doubt it.

This guy should have felt the full force of the law. Yet again a poor defenceless animal who has already been victim, is victim again to a flawed legal system. This BLEEEPS me right off :swear:

A knee jerk reaction may be to smack a dog or shove it to one side - that is bad enough, but to break that many ribs?????WTF???? I don't give a shit who he is, he should be in jail and have his medical license revoked.

I am sure no-one is really pleased about having to clean up disgusting poo messes, but they happen. The dog didn't do it on purpose. If my dogs toilet inside I get annoyed at myself that I dodn't take enough notice of what they were trying to tell me. You certainly don't scream or yell at them and you certainly don't do whatever he did that caused that much damage. I am very surprised the little dog survived. I would have been extremely wary about having him around young children like that with that sort of knee jerk reaction considering what kids can produce!

Disgusting, pathetic excuse for a human being. If he can't handle a dog pooping then I hate to imagine how he reacts after a busy day when his children are screaming and won't eat their dinner - you going to break their ribs too??

Scum should be locked away. It's only a matter of time before he starts bashing his kids/partner.

If the media portrayal of the story is correct this man is an immature *spoilt brat* inflicting such horrendous injuries on a poor helpless dog because his girlfriend of 5 weeks gave it more attention and it pooed on the carpet,WTF??? I'm sure many people have been in the same stressful situation as him, going through a divorce and the next relationship not going to plan, but they have managed to leave the family pet intact. I find his reasons for doing this absolutely pathetic. It was mentioned that it was the only time he has behaved like this, but as it seems that it was an extremely violent, repeated assult (as I doubt that one blow could do that much damage), that to me is the bit to be concerned about.

Professionally I would not let this man within cooee of my family or myself. He doesn't appear to be able to keep himself together under stress or doesn't know how to recognise that he's not coping.

Yes Dame Aussie, he may be a bloody doctor but he'd need one after I got a hold of him if he touched my dog...

Same here BC Crazy. If he injured my dog the bastard would be singing soprano for a very long time. This tiny dog would almost fit in the palm of his hand. The extent of the injuries he inflicted on this little dog are horrific :cry:

So he's a surgeon, big deal. This makes him no less of a vicious arsehole. There's something very wrong with someone who could do what he did. His actions are not those of a sane person.

Since his violent attack of this tiny dog has attracted so much publicity I doubt too many people would want him wielding a scalpel anywhere near them them when they're anaesthetised.

At least the girlfriend of five weeks duration reported him to the police, resulting in him being charged. I wonder if the wife did take him back or if his solicitor thought this would be in his favour in court. If she took him back it doesn't say much for her either. I would be more than a little concerned for the children. Not only are children messy little people but they need constant time and attention of the mother.

A knee jerk reaction may be to smack a dog or shove it to one side - that is bad enough, but to break that many ribs?????WTF???? I don't give a shit who he is, he should be in jail and have his medical license revoked.

I am sure no-one is really pleased about having to clean up disgusting poo messes, but they happen. The dog didn't do it on purpose. If my dogs toilet inside I get annoyed at myself that I dodn't take enough notice of what they were trying to tell me. You certainly don't scream or yell at them and you certainly don't do whatever he did that caused that much damage. I am very surprised the little dog survived. I would have been extremely wary about having him around young children like that with that sort of knee jerk reaction considering what kids can produce!

Yes and I bet this was not the first time either.