Dear Breeders

Hi Breeders

I just sent off an email to Ernie's breeder with some photos and a little spiel about what he's been getting up to.

It occurred to me that maybe breeders have so much else going on that they don't want regular updates on their pups. Is this stalking? I'm just so incredibly grateful that she listened to me and gave me the perfect boy for our family. I guess I want to encourage her to keep breeding even though I know she only has a litter every couple of years.

I hear horror stories about teen dogs being returned or neglected and I want her to know just how loved he is.

So AM I stalking? I email her about once every 6 weeks.

Edited by Stressmagnet

I hope it's not stalking, as I do the same! I also have my breeder as a friend on Facebook, so they can see pictures through there.

I figure if they don't want to know, they don't have to pay attention to our updates. At least our updates are there it they want them ????

I get contacted by my GSDs breeder occasionally for updates, and do the same with him if I get a nice photo to send. With my previous GSD from Von Forell, I was called every couple of years to give them updates. I don't breed dogs but do goats - and I love getting updates.

It has been many years since I was a breeder of Border Collies, but I would get photos and updates all the time, I loved it. I knew I had made the right decision to sell my precious babies to the right people. Even now, when all my babies have passed on, I still receive Christmas cards and photos of their new ones :)

My Kiska is a rescue Border Collie from the Border Collie Rescue and I Have had her for 10.5 years now, I will still update Julie Grey on how she is going :)

Daisy was seven when I bought her, I also received her papers. On Daisy's birthday I decided to contact her breeder by email. I sent her birthday photos and info on how she was doing.

That evening I received a phone call from the breeder who was very happy I had contacted her, she said she loved hearing how her dogs are going.

I usually email Daisy's breeder with birthday photos and an update each year now.

Our first breeder loves getting updates. I never had Facebook until my girl came along! So now he sees her all the time and just loves it. We also see them a few times a year.

Second breeder couldn't give a flying fig about the puppy she bred.

I send heaps of updates and photos. The first phone call I made when Ziggy gained his Agility Champion was to his breeders in Canberra. I told them to put me on speaker phone, sit down and then congratulated them on being the breeder of Australia's first Dalmatian Ag Ch :laugh: Before I even rang Mr TSD!

A little different, but I'm in contact with Paige's breeder and trainer every few months. Paige never raced, so was a nice expensive waste as far as racing was concerned, but her trainer still loves hearing about her, loves the photos and hearing about all of Paige's little adventures. She also made the effort to travel to Sydney to meet me and see Paige when we were at an adoption event. I've been in contact with Hermon's last trainer once - she cried when she found out that H-Dude had made it home, and was sitting on the sofa beside DH watching Top Gear - but there has been no further contact. I tend to let the trainer/ breeder guide me - I got no further emails or responses to phone calls, so I think they're happy Hermon is home and let it e. They know where we are if they want to contact us again. I'm delighted Paige's old one still wants to hear about her. She's always asking questions, and thanks me for the photos and the updates. If she didn't want to hear, I think she'd tell me, but it heartens me that a little black failure is still important enough to her to enjoy hearing about over three years later.

Personally I love it and have a close relationship with all my puppy buyers. I love getting updates, and all of them have their own page on my website which I keep updated with photos they send me. I do a newsletter to 'puppy' owners twice a year in which I include news on what people and their dogs are up to. I find they love to contribute.

I love updates. I also still keep in touch with Pennys breeder and of course Nekos breeder..... I've practically had to sign that one in blood. :laugh: Not that I mind, she's changed the direction of my life, but it's fun.

One breeder has grown to love updates on the dog that she bred. Initially I didn't hear back that much, but kept on sending the updates.

One still gets the updates, but I never hear back - I figure we all have busy lives so I keep sending them anyway.

One loves to be very involved in 'her' dogs lives and responds to any correspondence and stalks pics on facebook. :)

Our breeder loves the updates, in fact I started making vids so she could see Ronin. Rarely does a week go by without some communication and Ronin is around 16 months old now :D

I also love seeing updates of Ronin's sister Layla which she kept from the same litter and who is so similar in looks and antics to Ronin :thumbsup: It is lovely to see the mum and dad too.

Willow's breeders are friends on fb. My fb is really Willow's. LOL.

I call from time to time, but don't want to be too much of a pest. Mostly because it's me being gushy over how fab Willow is. I hope to trek to Vic at least once a year (dog related activities) and call in to see them or catch up at a show.

We have a private FB page for our puppy owners to post in and they love it as they get to talk to each other and us easily and share pics, videos etc.

Edited by huski