Arkey In Action.

Kirislin

I posted these in the Iggy thread but it's pretty quiet in there and I think this little dog deserves to be seen. Alot of people think Italian Greyhounds are quivering fragile timid little dogs. They are classed as part of the toy group in Australia, but they are true sighthounds and many love to run and chase. Arkey is almost a champion show dog, but his owner doesn't wrap him up in cotton wool, he lets him get out there and do what he wants to do, and Arkey has discovered the thrill of the chase, drag lure racing, and coursing. One day Lure Coursing will be recognised in Victoria and Arkey will excell at it, I have no doubt. Here's some photos of him and all his beautiful, athletic magnificence. :D

16575650389_debc0e7654_z.jpg5F6A8297_1 by kirislin, on Flickr

Crazy psycho running maniac.

16574213118_95423f7dcb_z.jpgIMG_1354_1 by kirislin, on Flickr

16575647599_c6ebb58112_z.jpgIMG_1393_1 by kirislin, on Flickr

16735902216_ac7745b494_z.jpgIMG_1394_1 by kirislin, on Flickr

16139430754_b63729fd51_z.jpgIMG_1397_1 by kirislin, on Flickr

and this is a whole sequence of him stumbling and picking himself up again

16760609601_65973ed842_z.jpgArkey stumble and recovery by kirislin, on Flickr

Impressive!

Folk might like to start running their dogs without collars. The ANKC rules won't allow them.

These are just private events but we will certainly adhere to the rules once we get to go to any ANKC events. I am looking forward to them getting off the ground.

There was nothing quivering, fragile or timid about the Iggy that wanted to rip into every dog on a greyhound walk I was on recently :eek: I actually thought of Arky as this dog looked exactly like him.

Yeah, they're not all like that, put it's the perception of alot of people.

Saw these photos this morning on FB and thought you might like them Kirislin.

This is Mouse, rescue greyhound from Greyhound Angels Of WA. She has been lure coursing for a while and is quite good at it :)

Saw these photos this morning on FB and thought you might like them Kirislin.

This is Mouse, rescue greyhound from Greyhound Angels Of WA. She has been lure coursing for a while and is quite good at it :)

thanks, I had a look, she's stunning being snowy white, and with her immaculate teeth as well. Fabulous photos. I loved them. Did alot of "like" on them too.