Aarrrgh ....

persephone

Heard horrible dog cries from outside .. to find Smoke & Widget lunging at Don , who was writhing around with BOTH front legs caught in an old iron pot plant stand that had tipped over.he was screaming the place down!, The legs of it being a narrow shaped V .. one leg had slid in to the elbow, but the worst one was 4 toes caught, right at the V point!! he had wet himself , and was not in a good state .

After threatening the other two with unholy injuries .. and securing Don's mouth ..( yes he did try & bite, as he was cuddling me asking for help- ) the batteries on the torch started to die ...really improving the experience .! he settled a bit after I had scared the other two away( as you would) ..and the sweet boy even lay down when I asked him .. awwww...

I got the whole leg out easily - but the toes , for some reason, would not slide ... so , adrenaline and rusty old metal meant I could widen the V considerably and he slipped the foot free. Very sore ..but I don't 'think' anything's broken .

he is now inside enjoying a peanut butter piece of toast, and the stand is WELL away from dogs .

it could only happen to him, I'm sure ...goofy beast .

*sigh*

Edited by persephone

No marks, but guess it is a bit tender ..GOOF - normal dogs would get ONE leg stuck , and be satisfied ;)

We are lucky - it is rarely we have accidents with the pack... (dog bites, cuts & missing nails don't count ) :p

Holy crap. :eek:

Huge hugs to you and Don. What a heart starting nightmare that would have been. Poor Don. Poor Pers.

Savour the hot chocolate, find the marshmallows, add a few and savour with a great chocolate biscuit on the couch, in front of the fire.

May both your heart rates come back to normal very soon.

He's lucky you didn't get the wd40 out to get the toes out...

I would have tried olive oil...

That's if my brain didn't get turned to mush by the screaming.

When my dog injures herself - she comes in, pretends like nothing happened and the only sign I get of it - is she tries to amputate the offending bit with her teeth. urk.

WD 40 and olive oil would both have been useful - but I could neither carry him and the attached metal inside , or leave him there screaming ...

The hot chocolate worked .. and he then went to sleep on my lap ( BIG treat) ... all good now :) Thanks everyone .

I have aggravated the damn whiplash neck - but that's OK ;)

Poor Don, poor you - what a worry! Glad it all turned out well, it takes a while to settle after that! Funny how they all get stuck in when one is down...

well, going by the activity outside this morning - there is thankfully no problem with squashed/broken toes - and I honestly thought there would be ! Lots of running and wrestling and tugs-o-war happening..and lots of noise!

:D:D :walkdog:

Poor Don!

Sounds like something Stan would do, he does regularly get his head stuck in the end of my 4 poster bed but if he lifts it an inch he can get out. He can't work that out though coz....Stan.