Vale Loki

Ruffles

I write this with the heaviest of hearts.

At 4pm, Loki was set free from this life that caused him so much angst.

The world is a little colder, darker and my soul a little dimmer without him by my side. But the brightest and most innocent lights always go out far too soon.

People couldn't understand why I refused to give up on his troubled soul, but the connection we have - that is something amazing, and his love for me never faltered.

My first Amstaff. He taught me everything I know about dogs, and so much about myself over the last 9 and a bit years. There were definitely some hard lessons learned but I am so incredibly thankful that I was blessed to have Loki in my care. I gave him the absolute best I had to offer, and whilst I know that was never enough, he didn't seem to mind so long as we could sit together in the sun.

I feel as though my words are so inadequate to honour such a wonderful, and irreplaceable companion. But my god, I love that dog.

"Time has ceased

But cherished memories still linger.

This is the way of life, and all things

We shall meet again

You are only sleeping"

RIP Handsome man

06.10.2005 - 31.07.2015

You're already so sorely missed :(

8A75E25F-9B5C-436F-B10F-9706D22B3F67_zps0tchhvbk.jpg

Oh Ruffles of course it was enough - it was all you had. He may have been troubled but he let himself trust you and never lost faith in you because he knew that whatever you gave him was from your heart and always in his best interests. Don't doubt that he knew, even when he was scared, he knew. You gave him peace that he may not have otherwise found. Move on lighter and be free now Loki.

Thank you guys. It is so very hard today... and now I have to go to work until midnight, at an Emergency Vet clinic. *sigh*.

It will be hard to keep it together. I miss him. I didn't want to leave him there at the Vets - I've never felt the desire to take my pet home with me when I've had to make these tough decisions, but I was so close with Loki to taking him home. I don't want to be without him.

Such a sad and lost time for you, Ruffles. Horrible that his ending was traumatic and that will be awful for you to recall from time to time. Try to take comfort in knowing you did everything humanly possible and that you loved him totally ...... something he would have known to the deepest recesses of his being.

• 3 weeks later...