Amber Not Eating

JulesP

Amber is not wanting to eat :( I hand fed her a tiny amount of tinned this morning and she licked a bit of yogurt tonight. She has been going pretty well apart from an ear infection a couple of weeks ago. She developed a contact allergy rash over the weekend and is very unhappy. The rash seems to be improving, she has a little bit on her muzzle and maybe that is making her not want to eat. But she also had a rash when she was really sick and first diagnosed. She seems to have lost weight too. Today has been the first day she will not eat though.

She is also 6 weeks past her season so don't know it that is also effecting her.

Little bit freaked out.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you taken her temperature? Are her gums pink and moist? How is she apart from not eating, bright and happy or dull? Hopefully just a one day thing and she will be normal for you tomorrow... :)

The vet didn't know if this is just a blip or this is the end. My normal vets haven't mentioned that she looks jaundiced before, unless they just haven't told me. She has had a anti-nausea injection and is resting easier now.

Need to decide if I'll get bloods done tomorrow. I can't really see the point.

Hopefully she feel better tomorrow, she was running around like a crazy thing at the river on Saturday.