Renascene Bulldog

6 foot colour bond fencing contains most dogs safely.

I'd put a dog in a run before I'd put it on a chain.

I have just had a look at the runs and they look like the dog is in prison, I think maybe people mis interpreted what I meant by a dog on on a chain. I feel that at least the dog isn't looking out of his cage feeling like he's alone. At least these dogs on chains can have a run around and enter their kennels if need be.

And they are utterly vulnerable to any dog that enters the yard or indeed to any person. They are also attached to a hanging hazard. I've seen some quite distressing images of chained dogs who've managed to hang themselves.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 foot colour bond fencing contains most dogs safely.

I'd put a dog in a run before I'd put it on a chain.

I have just had a look at the runs and they look like the dog is in prison, I think maybe people mis interpreted what I meant by a dog on on a chain. I feel that at least the dog isn't looking out of his cage feeling like he's alone. At least these dogs on chains can have a run around and enter their kennels if need be.

They do look a bit like prison. And a nice crate looks like solitary confinement. But a dog is much safer and can be much happier in a run.

Can you imagine dog boarding kennels where all the dogs are kept on chains? Wouldn't work very well.

If all the good things like dinner and treats and toys happen in the run, the dog can be very happy there while you're out, and with you when you're home. My dog does get a bit peeved if I put her in her crate when I'm home, but she gets over herself pretty quickly if I don't cave in.

I reckon if you got a soft sided crate for your dog, that your 4yo boy would move in.

Beware of the dog training the human.

http://www.humanesociety.org/animals/dogs/tips/crate_training.html

My dog used to be on a chain, then we got her a run as she was thunderphobic. I can tell you she was much happier with her run and soundproof box which was attached to the run then she ever was on the chain and I had peace of mind that she was home safe without worrying she would be strung up on something.

--Lhok

Sorry...but I am worried about this...you want an uglyScary looking bull breed dog that you can chain up & will be a good guard dog, & at the same time you want your 2 year old little girl to like him & pat him & interact with him. Please don't let your little girl just walk up to any strange dog. Maybe this little girl knows more about self-preservation than her dad. If you are going to chain the dog up, then I doubt any responsible breeder would sell to you. If she is scared of the little dog you have now...she is going to be absolutely petrified of one of those :eek: I would hate to see your little girl become a statistic :(

Edited by sheena

One persons ugly is another persons beautiful Sheena. I think bull breeds are gorgeous. I saw the most beautiful bull terrier at the vets the other day. Never seen a bully that huge. She was a monster. Didn't have such an extreme head that bullies can have. Stunning dog who was lovely and happy too. Loved attention.

Edited by karen15

My great grand daughter who is three has always been a bit timid with the Frenchies as when they get excited, I think to her, they sound like they are not aproachable, different story with my eight year old Italian Greyhound, Tosca is quiet and usually is an ornament on the couch, Ivy has always loved her and whenever she comes over for a visit the first thing she asks for is where is Tosca, the two of them are either on the couch or just walking around the garden, just lovely to see, so Frenchies are put in their crates when she is over for a visit.

Totally off topic! How are our guys 8 already (well almost!)?

Sorry...but I am worried about this...you want an ugly looking bull breed dog that you can chain up & will be a good guard dog, & at the same time you want your 2 year old little girl to like him & pat him & interact with him. Please don't let your little girl just walk up to any strange dog. Maybe this little girl knows more about self-preservation than her dad. If you are going to chain the dog up, then I doubt any responsible breeder would sell to you. If she is scared of the little dog you have now...she is going to be absolutely petrified of one of those :eek: I would hate to see your little girl become a statistic :(

Gosh!!

I think Sheena was merely making the point that this wouldn't be some cute little fluffy but a big, maybe scary looking dog and that it wouldn't be the best thing for a two year old. Sheena is an experienced person with dogs and I' m sure she wasn't intending any insult to the bully breeds. I do agree with the points raised in her post.

Sorry...but I am worried about this...you want an ugly looking bull breed dog that you can chain up & will be a good guard dog, & at the same time you want your 2 year old little girl to like him & pat him & interact with him. Please don't let your little girl just walk up to any strange dog. Maybe this little girl knows more about self-preservation than her dad. If you are going to chain the dog up, then I doubt any responsible breeder would sell to you. If she is scared of the little dog you have now...she is going to be absolutely petrified of one of those :eek: I would hate to see your little girl become a statistic :(

I think your attitude towards bull breeds is pretty ugly. You made some valid points but they've been tarnished by how you chose to start your comment.

I am looking at pictures of the Renascence Bull dog...the one the OP said he was wanting. He has a little 2 year old girl who is already scared of little dogs & he is expecting her to fall in love with one of these dogs. Try & see it from the eyes of a two year old who is already frightened of dogs. Some bull dog breeds are quite cute, but not this guy...He wants a guard dog that he is going to chain up & he wants his little girl to fall in love with it. Accident waiting to happen IMO :shrug: I just feel sorry for the little girl...that's it...I've said my bit now I am out of here :(

I think Sheena was merely making the point that this wouldn't be some cute little fluffy but a big, maybe scary looking dog and that it wouldn't be the best thing for a two year old. Sheena is an experienced person with dogs and I' m sure she wasn't intending any insult to the bully breeds. I do agree with the points raised in her post.

Thankyou Stellnme...glad I am not the only one who is maybe concerned with this combination of toddler & bully breed.

Bull breeds only look scary to someone to has been raised to see them they way. Or influenced by the media perhaps.

Calling them ugly is very different to being concerned they might look scary, all it does is make sure the rest of your point will be missed.

Thankyou Stellnme...glad I am not the only one who is maybe concerned with this combination of toddler & bully breed.

This comment comes across like implying no-one else is concerned? Many suggestions have been made for a less intimidating or less big dog without bringing in the insults on looks.

Edited by Thistle the dog

Off Topic CBL They are amazing,my sweet girl is starting to get a grey face and her deep red is starting to fade, but she is still young at heart,

yes the 12th of April they will be eight. I just adore Tosca. :love: as does my great grand daughter.

The Frenchies are sweet natured and would not harm a flea but it is the noise they make when they get excited that is off putting to a three year old, that is what I was getting at, maybe the dog the OP Mother has is bouncy and his daughter is not so much scared of dogs but wary of them.

This has been my experience with my great grand daughter.