Puppy Culture Rotti Puppies - Photos & Vids Galore

Starkehre

Thanks so much guys. I am so so happy. all reports back that packer is settling in incredibly well, as though he's lived there all his short life. he has settled calmly with their little chi x and is doing as he is told. He's only been home for a couple of hours. Thank you Puppy Culture :D

Oh seeing you asked so nicely Bianca :) soz no new photos of Packer, but I have been promised some will be coming soon.

In the mean time here is Legend with his grandpa and his mum, Seven :D

post-27202-0-19541600-1468748494_thumb.jpg

post-27202-0-11294100-1468748530_thumb.jpg

post-27202-0-87738500-1468748540_thumb.jpg

Packer is stunning, so glad he found his spot. ( even if it wasn't here) :laugh:

At least he came back quickly and not much later with all your hard work undone, good result in the end.

Thanks guys :thanks:

I could not be happier. I slept in the living room with the dogs last night so Packer's new owner could message me through the night with concerns/questions and not disturb OH. We chatted for hours. Packer settled really well... once they cooled their house down for him a bit LOL. I didn't get much sleep but I am still smiling from ear to ear. :D

And I have these wonderful photos of how well he is getting along with Minnie and his trip home in the car. He is such a happy boy, always happy.

They even took a quick video of Minnie and Packer last night, just mostly ignoring one another and resting near each other. Packer adores Minnie and she is quite fine with him too.

post-27202-0-95053800-1468799735_thumb.jpg

post-27202-0-16721900-1468799753_thumb.jpg

post-27202-0-45727200-1468799980_thumb.jpg

Edited by Starkehre

I cannot get over how stunning they are! Those faces make me want to smooch them! Seeing as how I have had so many health issues and ongoing with my GSDs, a little Rotti may have to be the next future puppy!!!! Ahhhh you have almost converted me!!!! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Lovely! How you cope with two young 'uns is beyond me! I've enough trouble keeping tabs on one :laugh:

LOL, I hear ya. But seriously, really well now that Packer has gone. The puppies are very good and really easy. For example, currently Legend is down the side in the puppy area on his own, not a sound from him. He has probably finished playing and will be laying in the kennel or in the sun.

Dance is in the main yard area with Jag and Seven and I am comfortable with these 3 being together (semi supervised) because they are calm and there is no shananigans LOL.

I can also put Legend with Jag. But Legend cannot be left with Seven if he is wide awake cause he won't leave her alone and plays too rough.

I am working in the office right now and I have literally 2 seconds to get into the yard if I hear anything I don't like.

I take each puppy out every day or every other day and do something - either obedience training, novel socialization, swimming etc. They are really coming along very well. I do one training school with one puppy on Sunday mornings and the other puppy at another school on Wednesday night. it is a lot of work, but I am really enjoying it.

The puppies can now spend time together inside and not constantly launch into full blown play mode, their impulse control, training and maturity is kicking in and they will down stay on their mats in close proximity...sometimes. At one point my hips were so sore from constantly bending over pulling puppies apart and leading them by their collars here and there doing the shuffle. Now they come when they are called and will stop playing if I say NO or give them an AARRGH just prior to them launching :D

All that said, I doubt I will ever do it again.. run on two I mean. I think I've done a pretty good job, but it has been so much work and I am getting too old for this shit :rofl:

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=wp_20160729_001.mp4

Aha, I just discovered these links can be seen through fb... I learn something everyday LOL

Edited by Starkehre

They are such lovely dogs and you do the best job I’ve ever seen of raising them – I was wondering if you have any resource recommendations for people wanting to set up their pups to be successful like yours?

I have been following this thread and have been doing the things in the videos and comments so far but am running out of ideas!

Guest crazydoglady99

Oh Starkehre they are looking FANTASTIC!!!!

How is Packer settling in with his furever family?

Oh Starkehre they are looking FANTASTIC!!!!

How is Packer settling in with his furever family?

Thanks so much AL.

Packer is doing brilliantly. His new owners are just fabulous. They are driving an hour to training each Sunday morning and are really excited about implementing things they learn each week. I am so proud of them.

They are such lovely dogs and you do the best job I’ve ever seen of raising them – I was wondering if you have any resource recommendations for people wanting to set up their pups to be successful like yours?

I have been following this thread and have been doing the things in the videos and comments so far but am running out of ideas!

Thanks so much mowliandme :)

Absolutely. https://www.puppyculture.com/

Puppy Culture is the raising protocols we use. If you join the Puppy Culture Discussion Group on fb, there is no end to the wonderful tips and discussions there. It is firmly kept on topic and the mods are all closely trained by Jane Killion Lindquist who formatted Puppy Culture.

I would highly recommend any breeder to get on board with Puppy Culture. The proof is in the puppies. Their confidence, learning ability, maturity, recovery, smarts is something to behold. I have never seen anything like it. They behave like miniature adults.

One of my puppy people, a close friend and breeder who has bred Rottweilers for many years tells me she has never experienced a puppy like the one she has kept from this litter... and her puppy is line bred on her older bitch, so she is very familiar with the lines. She bred the sire and dam of her puppy.