Making "the" decision

Scottsmum

2 hours ago, Panto said:

oh SM I have only just seen this, so very sorry for your loss.

:(

Run free scotty :heart::rainbowbridge:

ps. I couldn't write in rainbow bridge at all as it turns out - it hurts too much. 

Thanks Panto. 

And yes @persephone. Have not cried at all today, yet.  But did have to cut off a colleague who was trying to reach out. It was all a bit too raw.  Luckily she's one of my faves, so she'll understand when I can bring myself to apologise to her. 

• Like 2

Thanks @Rebanne. I've spent a few therapeutic days looking at photos & that has helped. I may or may not head to the Rainbow bridge forum at some stage. We'll see. In the mean time... a few faves from the last few days. 

1920172_10152319212054603_1320024880_n.thumb.jpg.e13029af9cda71dcfba9d29019786e19.jpg

He played a mean paw of Uno. 

j2n.thumb.jpg.ae4748b6f10b3c0404b75aa29ae8787a.jpg

Always loved an off leash romp with a tennis ball - even better when Dad & Grand dad were involved.

1620893_10152319211184603_264805579_n.thumb.jpg.9e9b67c7cb419a707f503cffed9f8584.jpg

Never stopped wagging. 

11178297_10153281172274603_8263927137974841379_n.thumb.jpg.e7a6ca21313715ac5d627f5c8bde8a71.jpg

Enjoyed a toy or 90

58f8447e1aa08_sniugglepuppet.thumb.jpg.9d59ade1c093b1817813bd453bef0d37.jpg

And allowed his mum to have snuggles. :heart: 

• Like 9

Have just seen this.  So so sorry to hear this SM.  You were both so lucky to have found each other.

Sending cyber hugs your way.  It's never an easy decision to make, but I am so glad that we can.

Love the pic of the wagging tail <3

• Like 2

and wonderful photos they are too... a big life well loved.. perfect.  When my beloved Jake passed these words summed it all up: 

from  Oyez a beaumont by Vicki Hearne."Until he died he was immortal and the death of an immortal is an event that changes the world. That is all for now about Gunner, because what it does to you when such a dog dies is not fit to print. "Der Tod ist groß"" writes Rilke "Death is Huge.".

https://www.sas.upenn.edu/~cavitch/pdf-library/Hearne_OyezABeaumont.pdf

"  

• Like 3

On 20/04/2017 at 3:19 PM, Scottsmum said:

Thanks @Rebanne. I've spent a few therapeutic days looking at photos & that has helped. I may or may not head to the Rainbow bridge forum at some stage. We'll see. In the mean time... a few faves from the last few days. 

1920172_10152319212054603_1320024880_n.thumb.jpg.e13029af9cda71dcfba9d29019786e19.jpg

He played a mean paw of Uno. 

j2n.thumb.jpg.ae4748b6f10b3c0404b75aa29ae8787a.jpg

Always loved an off leash romp with a tennis ball - even better when Dad & Grand dad were involved.

1620893_10152319211184603_264805579_n.thumb.jpg.9e9b67c7cb419a707f503cffed9f8584.jpg

Never stopped wagging. 

11178297_10153281172274603_8263927137974841379_n.thumb.jpg.e7a6ca21313715ac5d627f5c8bde8a71.jpg

Enjoyed a toy or 90

58f8447e1aa08_sniugglepuppet.thumb.jpg.9d59ade1c093b1817813bd453bef0d37.jpg

And allowed his mum to have snuggles. :heart: 

O My...look at his tail go!

I found it therapeutic to post and put up photos about Penny, Mac and Daisy, it doesn't matter where you put them and the Rainbow Bridge is one way of saying goodbye. I find it hard to go there though, but still do as, at least I can write something that may help a DOLer know that their grief is understood and shared

You really were the loveliest dog Scottie.

Goodbye little fella

You really were the lovliest dog

• Like 1

SM I'm so sorry your gorgeous boy is gone. :(    I just dread this part of loving our dogs. Ive really enjoyed looking at his photos and hearing of his antics , he was an awesome little dog. I'm really  sorry for your loss. 

• Like 1

Thanks Roova. 

The vet called earlier this evening to say he was ready to come home. I'm a bit teary tonight. Last Saturday we had an amazing day (before it all turned to s**t) this Saturday I'll pick him up in a box. :(

It's obviously not the way we want them to come home but when my Zena came back to us it actually made me feel calmer somehow. Maybe just the thought she was back with us. I don't know. 

Hugs all round :hug:

• Like 2

12 hours ago, dogbesotted said:

and wonderful photos they are too... a big life well loved.. perfect.  When my beloved Jake passed these words summed it all up: 

from  Oyez a beaumont by Vicki Hearne."Until he died he was immortal and the death of an immortal is an event that changes the world. That is all for now about Gunner, because what it does to you when such a dog dies is not fit to print. "Der Tod ist groß"" writes Rilke "Death is Huge.".

https://www.sas.upenn.edu/~cavitch/pdf-library/Hearne_OyezABeaumont.pdf

"  

Oh @dogbesotted I missed this tucked in there. Truly beautiful. Thank you. 

I'm a long time fan of Kiplings "Power of the dog"

THERE is sorrow enough in the natural way
From men and women to fill our day;
And when we are certain of sorrow in store,
Why do we always arrange for more?
Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware         5
Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.

Buy a pup and your money will buy
Love unflinching that cannot lie—
Perfect passion and worship fed
By a kick in the ribs or a pat on the head.         10
Nevertheless it is hardly fair
To risk your heart for a dog to tear.

When the fourteen years which Nature permits
Are closing in asthma, or tumour, or fits,
And the vet’s unspoken prescription runs         15
To lethal chambers or loaded guns,
Then you will find—it’s your own affair
But … you’ve given your heart to a dog to tear.

When the body that lived at your single will,
With its whimper of welcome, is stilled (how still!).         20
When the spirit that answered your every mood
Is gone—wherever it goes—for good,
You will discover how much you care,
And will give your heart to a dog to tear.

We’ve sorrow enough in the natural way,         25
When it comes to burying Christian clay.
Our loves are not given, but only lent,
At compound interest of cent per cent.
Though it is not always the case, I believe,
That the longer we’ve kept ’em, the more do we grieve:         30
For, when debts are payable, right or wrong,
A short-time loan is as bad as a long—
So why in—Heaven (before we are there)
Should we give our hearts to a dog to tear?

http://www.bartleby.com/364/335.html

• Like 1

Well I'm immensely disappointed in the product I got back from the crematorium. Will be calling them on Monday to see how it can be resolved.  Im not entirely sure what happened but Its not what I thought I ordered & the plaque isnt even attached. 

Worst case scenario Ill save up & see if pets at peace will sell me a box the same as Guins. .. but ... *sigh*  this is hard enough. I don't want to be disappointed everytime I look at it

Screenshot_2017-04-22-11-27-57.thumb.png.ab8c7dd2f48f5de0a7df99b34aa6f093.png

Guinea Pig. We've got her lead, puppy collar & last collar in there with her. Thought Id ordered similar & that colour / stain would only be off.

Edited by Scottsmum

That definitely doesn't seem right and I imagine it was pretty expensive too!

You definitely want to be able to put private things in there which bring back lovely memories when you want to look through them.  How odd its so large yet screwed shut!

How terrible for you now that you are disappointed with your product. Can't imagine why the plaque hasn't been screwed on. Definitely not good customer service. At times like this you should be very pleased with what you pay for and totally satisfied. I'd definitely be ringing first thing Monday. After all it's something you want to look at and cherish.