Swollen Anus.. Shes Home.. She Pooed!

boxagirl

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just seen this too , I would insist they do an xray , sounds as though she may have a blockage :( . My Buddy swallowed one of my daughters socks whole and displayed the same symptoms , luckily he vomited it up just before he was having the op to remove it :rofl: .

If she is still not pooing , vomiting and listless , I would go sooner rather than later . Don't want to alarm you , but if it is a blockage it is better to get it done now .

Fingers crossed for Bondi

Sue

Poor Bondi :(

Does she have an appetite at all? Did the vet tell you what to feed her? A while back someone's dog I knew was constipated and the vet said to feed him PAL tin food to make him go toilet. It might be worth trying if she's eating?

Also, there was a thread a day or two ago about the bottled flavoured water you get for dogs from the supermarket. They come in beef and chicken flavour and some DOLers reckon they use it to hydrate their dogs, especially at shows, etc.

Does anyone else have thoughts on these suggestions?

If you decide to try something, I'd ask the vet if it's ok.

:rofl: to Bondi with her pink bandage.

Does she have an appetite at all? Did the vet tell you what to feed her? A while back someone's dog I knew was constipated and the vet said to feed him PAL tin food to make him go toilet. It might be worth trying if she's eating?

Yep, shes eating. I have to feed her 1/2 a tin of watered down science diet. I tried the pal before we took her to the vets... ended up with a night of vommiting.

Shes going back to the vets in the morning, and we will get Xrays done to see if she has something stuck in there.

hi

first of all i hop you and your dogs are ok :rofl: it must be hard to go through.

i once rescued a malt that had the same syimtums you mentioned in your first post, some thing coming out of the bum, pink looked like the insides of the dog, i took the dog to a vet aproved by the rspca and was told that the dog had disloged the intestine and needed emergancy operation. when i found the dog he wasn't in good shape, and keeped trying to go to the toilet making things worse. he was in their for 4 days recovering, and in that time the rspca found the owners, they where very releved.

i realy hop this isn't the same thing, watch your dog and make shour if you see that pink thing you get the dog to the vet asap.

hop all goes well :(

:rofl: to Boxa and Bindi :rolleyes:

I hope that tomorrow morning you'll wake up to find a happy, relieved, playful girl and a GIANT poo in the garden :rolleyes:

It certainly sounds to me like a blockage of sorts and if she can't get rid of whatever it is that is blocking her up, I hope the vet can shift it without having to operate...

My boxer is extremely fragile in the intestines and had a very similar thing happen to him soon after I found him abandonned in a dreadful state of emaciation. The vet was worried that he'd "flipped" his intestines but an x-ray the next morning showed nothing :( It all went back to normal by itself a couple of days later (after some really frighteningly couloured/textured dejections :( )

Best wishes to Bondi and big *support* hugs to you.

PS : She'll be OK, try no to worry :rolleyes:

:rofl: Hi..

poor girl.

Straining can often make it worse .....

i had hamlet with an obstruction some time back....my vet did not send him home,but xrayed immediately,and when nothing showed, did the xray again , after getting the dog to swallow the little balls of barium, which stop where the obstruction is, and show up on xray.

A lot of things do not show on xray...leaves, cork, clothing......& I think this method is a good idea..then if surgical intervention is needed, they know exactly where to look :(

hamlet was in hospital around 4 days, all up,and healed beautifully after his op :rolleyes:

Please contact the vet, or a different one...this really needs sorting :(

Fingers crossed....

SHE POOED!!! A PRETTY NORMAL ONE (WAS ABIT GREEN, BUT WASN'T TOO HARD OR SLOPPY!) iM SO HAPPY! :( :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

She seems happier too, but still won't leave that bandage alone!!! :rolleyes:

Go Bondis Bowels! :rofl::(

A lot of things do not show on xray...leaves, cork, clothing

Uh-huh..... has anyone seen the story about the dog that swallowed washing off the line? They operated and found a shirt in his stomach. I think it was at Balgownie Vets.. they have pics on their site showing you the operation to remove the shirt.

EFS

Edited by Puggles

SHE POOED!!! A PRETTY NORMAL ONE (WAS ABIT GREEN, BUT WASN'T TOO HARD OR SLOPPY!) iM SO HAPPY! ;) :rofl::rofl::) ;)

She seems happier too, but still won't leave that bandage alone!!! :p

Go Bondis Bowels! :thumbsup: :D

So happy Bondi looks like she's on the mend. :):)