Mason Pearson Brushes

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peters of Kensington have them at a good price & I also asked at David Jones. They said if I bought in the printed price from Peters, they would match it.

:confused: I've tried to get DJs to match a Peter's price before, and they said they wouldn't do it. Peter's as a rule only gets items in quantity at a substantial discount, which David Jones and Myer consider to be an unfair advantage.

I'll be hunting for one of these brushes now :confused:

Hi I have 2 mp brushes for sale.

1 is a pocket bristles slighty squashed from being in the grooming bag but should be able to be straightened.

2 i a popular bought about 2 years ago, apart from a few light scratches from the grooming bag is like new (apart form the hair) :rofl:

Pm if your interested.

Cheers BA

• 2 years later...

I am thinking of buying one of these brushes, I did a search and found this thread! What would be the best one for a Tibetan Spaniel? I have seen some on ebay that were not to badly priced but wasn't sure which ones where best.

you dont need mason/pearson for a Tibbie.

All you need is a comb & a gentle slicker if you want a brush best value for money the Plush Puppy soft brushes.Runs rings around my MP & i could buy 5 of those for one MO

Shepmax - I have wirey double-coated longish haired terriers and I use MP brushes. I use the popular size, and the Handy size. Find the smaller (Handy) one better - more easily managed around short legs. And I use the bristle and nylon ones, not the pure bristle. I've tried many cheaper brushes, in an effort to try and save some cash, but IMHO it was false economy. MP every time now.

Perhaps you and your dog could go to a show and ask around if you knew someone - maybe you could use one (briefely & under supervision in case you loved it so much you ran away with it :laugh: ) and get a feel for it?? No doubt about it - they are expensive, but best place I have seen is Petersofkensington.com.au I have bought heaps of different stuff off them in the past and no probs wth delivery or customer service. Very legit.

Not certain about what sort of coat your breed has, but hope my comments helped.

I am thinking of buying one of these brushes, I did a search and found this thread! What would be the best one for a Tibetan Spaniel? I have seen some on ebay that were not to badly priced but wasn't sure which ones where best.

you dont need mason/pearson for a Tibbie.

All you need is a comb & a gentle slicker if you want a brush best value for money the Plush Puppy soft brushes.Runs rings around my MP & i could buy 5 of those for one MO

Thanks settrlvr, I have just checked out the Plush Puppy range, there are a lot cheaper thats for sure!!

Thanks Garloch, at I will ask my breeder to what she uses. :D

Shepmax - I have wirey double-coated longish haired terriers and I use MP brushes. I use the popular size, and the Handy size. Find the smaller (Handy) one better - more easily managed around short legs. And I use the bristle and nylon ones, not the pure bristle. I've tried many cheaper brushes, in an effort to try and save some cash, but IMHO it was false economy. MP every time now.

Perhaps you and your dog could go to a show and ask around if you knew someone - maybe you could use one (briefely & under supervision in case you loved it so much you ran away with it :laugh: ) and get a feel for it?? No doubt about it - they are expensive, but best place I have seen is Petersofkensington.com.au I have bought heaps of different stuff off them in the past and no probs wth delivery or customer service. Very legit.

Not certain about what sort of coat your breed has, but hope my comments helped.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Plush Puppy brushes. I even use the PP pin brush on my own hair (waist-length, thick and straight). I also like the Metro Anti-Static brush and if people consider a Mason Pearson to be a 10, then the Metro Anti-Static, in my opinion, would be a 9.9. The only thing lacking is the MP name.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Plush Puppy brushes. I even use the PP pin brush on my own hair (waist-length, thick and straight). I also like the Metro Anti-Static brush and if people consider a Mason Pearson to be a 10, then the Metro Anti-Static, in my opinion, would be a 9.9. The only thing lacking is the MP name.

can you post a link?

can you post a link?

Plush Puppy Website.

can you post a link?

Plush Puppy Website.

Thanks for that, at least at that price I wouldnt worrie if it got lost of stolen.

I too use them ( Collie Roughs) have 1 of each size. Only take 2 to shows though, a pocket for my pocket and a junior which has my name, breed, and phone number engraved on the back.

The cheapest place I've found to buy them is Peters of Kensington in NSW.

Also use them on an English Setter I had. WONDERFUL for finish.

Absolutely agree. Our's are ingraved (first ever was stolen) and even though people could still take one, at least they wouldn't be able to use it at the shows. We too have a pocker and a large one for our BCs.

We too got our from Peters of Kensington, you can get them via the website.

My mum has one for herself that my dad bought her something like 35 - 40 years ago..still going strong. I remember it from being a kid and using things in her "beauty case" so it is funny now that we have the same brushes but for our dogs.....

Prinnie

I discovered yesterday that Plush Puppy now have a stand at Erskine Park. I bought one of their brushes, $30 and it's great for my Golden Retrievers' coats.

They also have heaps of other goodies.

:D