Help! Fitting Dog.. Goodbye Sweet Daisy Girl

openarms

Awwww Openarms - that's so sad. I'm so sorry for your loss - but you know what - this past year has probably been the best year of her life thanks to you! You gave Daisy a loving home and she was happy. :thumbsup: Even though she died in an unfortunate way - look back over the past 12 months and feel good knowing that you saved her life in another way.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry to hear about your dog.

A friend just recently had the exact same thing with her dog and she was PTS after 2 days. She fitted continuously and was sedated. The vet hoped to scan her as soon as she came round, but every time she did, she would fit violently again, so because of the risk of permanent brain damage, she was PTS just 2 days ago.

After exmination and many tests, it was discovered that the dog suffered a blood disorder ( not sure of medical names sorry !) that was a genetic disorder. It had nothing to do with epilepsy. I only know this much but hope it helps in some way. The vet felt so strongly about it, that he sent a medical report to the KC to have the Dam of this dog contacted and desexed immediately, so as not to pass on this problem.

So sorry for your pain, it's never easy. :thumbsup:

I wouldn't be putting her to sleep just yet. Please hold off if you can and try other things first.

I belong to a large list that is for dogs with seizure disorders and what you are describing is more common then you think and many of these dogs go on to live happy lives!

Of course, in this instance, it may not be possible but please... if there is anyway of holding off until you receive further advice then do not euthanaise her. It may sound hopeless but it may be able to be controlled.

What has the vet got her on to try and stop her status?

PM for further detail if you want to discuss this more.

Oh openarms, I am so very sorry this happened to Daisy - as soon as she finds love and happiness something else happens to ruin it.

From your description of her before you found her it sounds like she might have been abused in her previous home - if she'd been beaten on the head, is it possible that over time the damage could have resulted in this un-ending seizure?

Does anyone have an opinion on this?

Well done to you for taking her into your home and showing her the love and kindness all living creatures deserve.

Openarms ..... I am so sorry to read of your loss. Having had to send my dog with her wings only 8 weeks ago, I understand the devastation you feel. The shock of this being your girl's first fit - and it being such a long one (even a fit lasting 5 minutes can be cause for grave concern) leading to your girl's gift of freedom, has not even given you the grace of expecting such an outcome.

Daisy is at the rainbow bridge now. In peace. I will send thoughts to my sweet girl Kal, asking her to extend her doggy paw and show your girl around. :laugh:

Talk this through, and cry, as much as you need. Take comfort in the fact you gave your girl a wonderful 12 months - time that she could well otherwise have been denied had you not been there as her saviour when you spotted her on that busy road.

Take care for yourself, now. :laugh:

Edited by Erny

i am so so sorry to hear this news, how devastating. She probably had the happiest 12 months of her life living with you.

May you go quickly to rainbow Bridge Daisy and join my little Daisy who is also waiting up there.

Hugs to you Openarms.

Here are some more pictures of my Daisy girl snuggling up to my mum on the couch :cheer: She was such a big sooky bear .. I miss her so much. Last night i made her dinner for her without thinking and then i realised what i was doing :D I hope there is a doggy heaven she more than earned her right to be there.

Does anyone know how i can have this thread moved to the Rainbow Bridge Forum?

ETA Thankyou so much everyone who posted for your kind words and support..

post-8038-1158564758_thumb.jpg

post-8038-1158564804_thumb.jpg

Edited by openarms

So sorry for your loss openarms, I know what you mean about making their dinner. Ned has been gone 3 weeks today and I still call him and make his dinner

Maybe they are running around together having a ball, I hope so

RIP Daisy girl

;) ;) :):) Oh Openarms how sad, but she knew before she went what life is really like full of love.

Dear sweet Daisy you have a big welcoming committee from all our fur babies gone before at the :D go and play with all of our angel babies, but watch over your human Mum whose heart is breaking at losing you sweet girl, in a way you did not deserve.

Poor baby :)

RIP sweet Daisy :D

Chin up openarms, I know its sooo very hard, we lost our darling Roo just 3mths ago, and not a day or night goes by that I don't think of her, we found her too, she got hit by a car, and the car didn't stop for her, we only had her for 3yrs, but I always tell myself that we were lucky to have that short time together.

Your Daisy was VERY lucky to have meet you, and to have a great year with you, she knows she was special and loved.

Not much we can say to make you feel better, but we are all thinking of you ;) :)