Kaeleigh. Be At Peace Baby Girl.

Guest Piximatosis

Guest Piximatosis

At 5.15 today Kaeleigh was euthanised. It sounds cliched but it shattered my heart into a million pieces. You can hear all sorts of things about how it feels to make the decision to put a dog to sleep, about how it feels when you realise they are NEVER coming home, but none of them even come close to accurately describing just how it rips your heart out.

Kaeleigh had medical issues as well as behavioural but it was the behavioural problems that were dramatic enough to help me finally make the decision.

Kaeleigh, I wish I could tell you, that I am so sorry, that I loved you more than words can say, that I did this god awful thing for YOU, even though it broke my heart, because you were so clearly not happy anymore. That I made mistakes with you from day one but I have learnt from them and I will never ever make them again. That I will never forget you.

I will miss the way she dropped her ears when she was embarrassed or in trouble so she looked like a furby. I'll miss her yodelling and talking and grumbling and coming home will never be the same without her standing at the gate with a look of sheer delight on her face. I'll miss how she used to follow me to the bathroom and walk in and out through the curtain when I showered, and sleep on my feet when I was on the loo ;)

Thanks to Freckles for driving us to the vet. I would have had an accident if I'd tried to do it myself.

Rest in peace, Kaeleigh. You will never know fear or pain again. Go wrestle with your brothers at the bridge.

Wait for me.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Pix, i am so very very sorry that you had to make this decision.

Kaeleigh knows that you loved her so very very much. She loved you in the same way adn would understand why you did what you did.

RIP Kaeleigh, be free of your demons.

I know this is repeated - but wanted to reply here too.

I am so sorry darling girl. I hadn't realised things had gotten so bad with her. Reading what you have posted, no, you did not have any other choice. I don't think anyone here would even doubt how much you loved your girl. Certainly no-one who has seen you with her would doubt it and how you would fight to the end for her - unless, as is the case, it wasn't in her best interests.

Kaeleigh has always known how much you adored and loved her. She will be watching over you all and will be waiting for you.

I will never forget Kaeleigh as a baby - that god awful screaming at 5am. Both of us at ungodly hours of the morning trying desperately to shut her up. Her funny little wriggle as she tried to get around to lick our faces. How she managed to somehow do a running leap in about 2 metres of space, onto your bed - hard enough I thought she'd go right through it at times. Trying kibble and various raw foods to try and find a diet that wouldn't upset her tummy! Trying to stop her from jumping as a puppy, when she loved to jump and run.

Kaeleigh - you've left a huge hole in your mummy's heart and a big hole in the heart of all who loved you - mine included. But we cannot regret the missing pieces as we would be so much poorer for not having loved you.

RIP Kaeleigh.