The Official January Photo A Day Challenge

Ashanali

Tried something conceptual earlier but it didn't work out at all how I'd planned so will give it a go again tomorrow. Here's today's result, pretty boring-

IMG_18662.jpg

Canon 1000D

100mm macro lens

ISO: 400

Shutter speed: 1/250

F number: 2.8

Edited by iltby

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Of course after posting my pic of the day I went back outside to find the birds think the peaches are ready too. Not the greatest shots as I didn't have the right lens on and these are faily heavily cropped.

jan4_2.jpg

jan4_3.jpg

Anyone know what type of bird? We see them around fairly often and sometimes in quite large groups. I am guesing by their beaks they are a type of honeyeater.

I like the first one Poocow. Glad to see Darcy's hair growing back. Not so Naked

Piper great peach photo. Yum Yum .

Really enjoying looking at all the great photos. :thumbsup:

Mine for today

DSC00919.jpg

Edited by magthedag

I couldn't choose between these two today.

I like the first 1. Great depth of field and Darcy is well focused. Good job!

JAG - I decided they looked ripe enough after all, they are YUM!!

I just wanted to say that Jazz's tail makes one of the geese look like it has a mohawk in your signature :thumbsup:

I was going to be slack already in this program, it's been a long day! But then the Girls started playing and I thought, let's put on a fast lens and whip the off camera lighting out in the living room. I spent about 30 seconds on the set up, but the dogs are so photogenic it doesn't matter :thumbsup:

Here's a lull in the playtime as Dora considers her options. MatildaLily just keeps on playing, oblivious.

3166424656_69fdd33032_o.jpg

Guest Clover

I too have been completly uninspired today, so much so i have edited 5 photos and can't choose :thumbsup:.

3166471340_8f0edabe82_o.jpg

Not so magical Mushrooms.

Working at night/sleeping during the day doesn't leave me with many options for going out to look for subjects - thus the last 2 days (and todays) efforts are quite dismal. But I finished work tonight at a reasonable hour and decided to pull down the Chrissy tree, what better than to make my subject for todays photo Christmas tree related!

I love my bauballs, each one has a memory to go with it or occasion it was bought for. Here is my very first bauball bought for our first home, with my Rocking Horse from Niagra Falls and bauballs from Disneyland in the background.

IMG_7464_edited-1copy.jpg

Edited by aquaticmalamute

Jag, what is Maccro?

i love the flower.

Clover, lovely silhouette!

Macro is close-up photography :thumbsup:

On your camera there should be a picture of a tulip that is the macro button.

Oh, OK. so thats what i set the camera too for close up stuff, that helps a lot thank you.

ILTBY. Thank you, he is a beautiful little fella.

hangs around my house most days.

might see if i can get him tomorrow too.