The Official January Photo A Day Challenge

Ashanali

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I took this one today on my new point and shoot camera that I am still trying to figure out!

It is looking south from the boat ramp at Gerringong, NSW south coast.

I also took this Pelican that was about 50' away using the zoom function.

(I'm posting two today because I didn't get around to taking any yesterday!)

post-2636-1231312943_thumb.jpg

post-2636-1231312958_thumb.jpg

Edited by jemappelle

Is this challenge by invite only, or can a novice with a crappy camera join in? :noidea:

I've got 4 days out of 7 so far, and have been a bit apprehensive to post upon seeing all the great photos, cameras and techniques used here; but they have inspired me to a. take pictures of things other than the dog, and b. aspire to one day own a decent camera!

Jump right in!! We love all sorts of photos from all sorts of cameras - don't be shy :(

Everyone's photos are just fantastic :noidea:

Damn, I was gonna take one of them :( Now I'll have to make sure it looks totally different!

Edited to remove pic so PPS doesn't give out to me!

Edited by ruthless

kja - Love the turtle tracks!! Sounds like you have been at the beach a LOT!

lea - what an interesting bark! I love how it swirls around on itself.

spotty - nice photo from the dog's perspective!

AM - very cute!! Love it!

AnimalMad - gorgeous portrait of your pup!!

jayC - As others have said, there are lots of different experience levels here, so don't be shy! I love your green leaves photo!!

I'd planned on trying for another moon shot but I couldn't resist my gorgeous Kibah in raptures over her banana.

Blissssss

1/1600

f 4.5

ISO 400

75mm

This is great :noidea:

Have just taken some more shots that I'm much happier with, so will upload one soon as my official photo of the day :(

Edited to remove quoted photo.

Edited by iltby

ILTBY....love the 2nd milkshake shot............I'm am trying manual too....but mine not as good.

Kirislin those beach shots are terrific.

JayC...your pics are great!!

I am still searching for inspiration :noidea: ......its soo hot here...........the locals may think I'm weird if I take the camera to the local pool with the kids!!

Thanks PM! I think manual takes a bit of getting used to but once you do it gives you so much more versatility :o

Okay, here we go, I couldn't decide again :noidea: -

IMG_20883.jpg

And Rosie our 13 year old cat who spends all her time sleeping in our front yard. She was completely unimpressed that I was taking photos of her rather than rubbing her belly. Please excuse her right eye :( -

IMG_20953.jpg

Canon 1000D

100mm macro lens

Shutter speed: 1/320

F number: 2.8

ISO: 200

Edited by iltby

good job jayC. Love the green leaves, it's not a elm but that's what it reminds me of, what sort of tree is it?

It is a Weeping Elm which is in much better condition than it was this time last year - then it was riddled with Elm Beetles.

IMG_1978.jpg

3/1/09

is that an orchid? what kind? I'm reading "The Orchid Thief" atm and I had to search for more pics online (specifically the ghost) to see what the obsession is all about, very interesting book - lucky I'm a black thumb or I might be tempted, saw the movie a few years ago "Adaptation" - it's quite different :o

rocco - love it!

itlby - the 2nd milkshake works for me :cheer:

lea - rather mesmerizing

spotty - I was hoping Mia would make an appearance :cheer:

I'm loving this thread, love the diversity of everyone's pics :noidea:

I think I'm in trouble for today, just downloading 708 pics ;) just stupid ... stupid stupid stupid! It'll be a relief to go back to work :(

Loving these, Guys! I'm getting some inspiration of things to look for on my trip, too :noidea:

Kirislin those beach shots are terrific.

OK, I missed these! Anyone know which post they were in? I found some milkshakes for today, but no beach and I want to see!