The Official January Photo A Day Challenge

Ashanali

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

popsicle - is that an egg in the background too :)

okay, this 1st pic is not my real pic, I just discovered something interesting this morning and had to ask who knew?

Own up, who knew if you placed a pink post-it note over your flash that it would tint the picture pink? :wave:

I'm surprised at this discovery, just didn't even think it!

A bit of background - I've read many-a-time do not use an on-camera flash. I needed the extra light without ramping my ISO up too high and I only had a dull overhead light so I used the flash but tried to "bounce" the light as I'd done with a piece of white cardboard successfully as an experiment before. It was pre-6am, no white cardboard in sight and I was in a tizzy about getting myself organised to get to work. I did a quick search of the house for something to use to "bounce" the flash light. The best thing I could find was a pink post-it note, which I stuck infront of the flash then shot away.

The results were something I hadn't read or heard about!

this one came out a deeper darker pink than a couple of others I shot because I'd turned the overhead light off and was only using the ensuite and walk-in robe lights behind me (other than the flash of course). No saturation, colour or contrast adjustments were made, but I did brighten it a little :o

"Chester gets to sleep in while I get ready for work"

3182106494_f3a7a1c427.jpg

and this is the real one, just a quick shot I took this afternoon :(

3182105966_8db49237f5.jpg

:cry:

Yup, you can "gel" your flash on the cheap with anything of colour! Very cool effect and a good reminder/lesson for the rest of us :wave:

I am going to miss all of you guys and this thread while I am away...but I'll be having a good time and will raise a glass of South American wine to you each evening :cry: You'll be almost as sick of penguin and ice shots as you already are of my pups, cats and uw adventures LOL

But I still have two more days to look and post so I'm going to make the most of them ... bring on the photos, you lurkers! I know you're out there!

I managed to sneak away for a few hours to process my pics :rofl: They're not all shot on separate days like they're supposed to be, but they're all from this week, and my camera was stuffed, so that's my excuse :rofl:

I've already posted 3, so I owe 6 ...

Office block in North Sydney, storm brewing

3181370307_9ced1e8b4f.jpg

OH in Bondi after dinner with my cousin. Just discovered my camera can be set to ISO3200! Noiseeee :thumbsup:

3182211074_1923fd4fdd.jpg

Same night, sk8r boi in the skate park at Bondi Beach

3181385723_d156cbe79d.jpg

The next night we ate at home. The devil's meat ... complete with pitchfork!

3181392555_f5c47e0c54.jpg

Trixie waiting patiently to be let out of her run. Always last. She never makes a fuss about it :rofl:

3181398829_e4bc5e4e9d.jpg

I've decided to make it my mission to get some nice pics of Ivan as I don't have any. Strangers often say they think he looks evil. I can't for the life of me imagine why :o

3181412841_a4ba3a86be.jpg

They are great Ruthless!

Sigh - I wish I had a decent camera! :rofl:

Anyway, here's mine from today and this is my mood. Woke up to find we were one of 10 local cars who had 2 tyres slashed. At least we didn't cop a windsceen as well. :rofl:

Why can't kiddies today have hobbies, or something!? :thumbsup:

These are Chinese Blue somethings (name escapes me)~

IMG_2031.jpg

and Hydrangea Blue~

IMG_2035.jpg

Love the 'devil's meat'

I couldn't get motivated. I have a shot for yesterday - I took a single photo and it is crap, but I did take a photo! And I better hurry up and take one for today. I'll upload them both tomorrow.

Time for bed...

Loving the photos in here :thumbsup:

JAG - cool giraffe, how'd you get the shadow pink?

Thanks CM. I used PS. Adjusted the individual colours of the giraffe (black and white) to a higher percent and then went into hue and saturation and adjusted the hues. It came up with various colours in the shadows and I chose the pink.

Thanks Jag, and i had to giggle, your poodles head reminded me of the dandelion.

He/She is gorgeous!

:thumbsup: Yeah it does. :rofl:

Buffa is feeling much better today although he still a bit sore and naked :rofl: in a certain region :rofl:

Lovely pic PPS. Beuatiful way to start the day. :o