Pet Friendly Accommodation

Ravyk

I've just booked into Valley View Motel Murrurundi, little town on the New England Highway, between Muswellbrook and Tamworth.

The owner was very friendly on the phone, she said they often welcome dogs all the time in show/ working dog set ups in their vans etc, but they have a pet friendly room now (that I've booked), where the dogs (of all sizes) can come inside, just bring their bedding.

I'm just passing through for the night but will update on the place in a few weeks.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

I strongly recommend Akuna Pet Resort for pet accommodation in Sydney, Newcastle, the Central Coast or Hunter Valley. I have some good experience from them. I hope these would be a good resource for all the readers.

Edited by davidm
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello All,

I would highly recommend Montana Lodge Boarding Kennels, in Londonderry NSW. Our baby Zac was very happy with his scrambled eggs on toast.

We travelled and researched all the dog kennels around the area and I must tell you, Jill from Montana Lodge was worth the wait.

Please inspect the place - you will not regret it.

Gina Davies, Glenmore Park NSW

• 8 months later...

We recently stayed at two pet friendly places. The first was when we were picking up Laikey from k9-pro in Londonderry. We stayed at Hidden Valley Retreat Cottages in Grose Vale, not too far from Londonderry. They are very basic; no tv, but they do have dvd/tv with a few dvd's available. No internet or phone connection at all. The cooking facilities were a little too basic. If there were other decent and okay priced options, i'd probably use them instead of Hidden Valley Retreat Cottages. But when you're desperate for dog friendly accom, the options are limited. The bush property is lovely and private though; lots of space for ball games and each cabin is nestled into it's own cleared area and surrounded by bush.

We also stayed at  Bonville Lodge in Bonville on our way back to Brisbane. They have two options; a small cottage and a larger suite with lounge at the other end of the main house. The gardens are beautiful. There are no cooking facilities inside the accom but there is a kitchenette for tea/coffee, breakfast etc. It was a bit pricier than we'd like given that the place is getting a little tired. The hosts are very hospitable. Coffs Harbour is a quick drive from the lodge and we there are food options there.

Edited by suziwong66

We holidayed in southern Victoria last week with our Brittany and I highly recommend;

• Pennyroyal Farm Cottages at Dean’s Marsh, north of Lorne. Honey was welcomed with a dog biscuit on a dog bed - such a nice touch! We were asked not to take her into the bedroom, which we were okay with. The cottage was beautiful, as was the secluded bush land setting. The yard was fenced.
  • BIG4 Holiday Park Hopkins River, near Warrnambool. The cabin where we stayed was set up to accommodate dogs, with a fenced and gated front verandah. There were poo-bag dispensers and bins throughout the park, and a path led to a partially fenced off-lead dog exercise park alongside the river. When we went to the park it was very quiet, with only the occasional fisherman and, on one occasion, one other dog.
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks guys you've all helped a lot. I am planning on a trip with the husband and Brando my lab toGreen Lake Public Reserve next month, thanks to your list of camping grounds. Do you have tent recommendations? I usually by my gear in this camping store, but am open to suggestions on a specific one if you can help. 

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

I've recently bought a holiday home in Mudgee which is fully pet friendly (but not in the bedrooms or on the furniture please).  The yard is fully fenced although some bits are metal pool fencing so very small dogs may get through.

https://www.facebook.com/DumplingsDen/

Were also on Trip Advisor, AirBnB and HomeAway (was Stayz)

We can also recommend pet friendly wineries, pubs and even wine tasting transport so you don't need a designated driver.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Western Australia

I stayed at an airbnb house in Albany, Western Australia.  The house was well equipped, cosy and comfortable and allowed dogs inside, but not on the furniture.  They even supplied dog beds, but I brought my own.  They had a large, fenced back yard and there was a lovely waterland walk trail close by and the beach only a little further, so my dog was well looked after.https://www.airbnb.com.au/rooms/11595239

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

What a great resource for dog owners. 

I must say though, as a raw proponent I'm horrified that kennel staff are giving dogs things like 'biscuits' and 'toast'. 
I'd have a bloody fit if anyone gave my dog grains and/or carbs. 
They really should know better. 
They've not ever heard of more appropriate treats like dried liver? 

• Like 1