Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

rommie - he'a drillers offsider so we works all ova w.a they were 80 ks out unfortunately so he didnt get a chance to do any swimming , but yes if we ever get down that way i'd luv to catch up with u from one dog lover to another

sparky - yes i luv bullies they have my heart i litterally melt when ever i c one

Hi everyone sorry to intrude i did introduce myself a few posts bac but kinda in the middle of a different topic so i dont think anyone read it lol , anyhow i was jus wondering if theres anyone from bunbury on here i've recently moved here and would luv to meet more doggy lovers

Hi :)

I am from Esperance myself, but there are some who are from Bunbury or near by who will pop in soon I am sure.

I used to live in Esperance, in Castletown.. although that was a very very long time ago 1981 I think, we emigrated from England and went straight to Esperance, I think my dad was about to hang himself when he saw the place - being so isolated, he never got over it! but we kids absolutely love it, I still have great memories of riding our bikes down to the beach and it would be perfect like glass and gorgeous blue. A beautiful part of the world.

I've always wanted to go back but I also remember the 8 hour boring drive to get there - will have to save up and fly.

Hey JazzyJules

I did live in Castletown until moving out to the farm, but am not far out of town anyway, so I have the best of both worlds.

Having said that I have been out 6 days out of 7 (sometimes twice in a day)so I am being a hermit until Tues which is Master 4's first day of Kindy! My house needs my attention!

Yep the drive is just a tad bronig, flying is 1hours 15mins or so, so much nicer :)

Was hubby drilling out Scaddan way on the new mine?

I'm mentally blocking out the fact me and Toby return to agility next week. We have been having recall issues that I was supposed to work at over the summer but havent. Think I can proof Toby's recall in 1 week?

I don't think I'll be returning with Bon for awhile if ever :) She has injured her hip and was limping on it, now she has an inflamed hip/muscle. I'm just going to concentrate on obedience with her (and wolf) and hopefully get her CCD

Oh no! How is the new puppy going? Lincoln is home and naughty. :D His first show will be the Western Classic which should be interesting. has your little boxer guy made his show ring debut yet?

I'm mentally blocking out the fact me and Toby return to agility next week. We have been having recall issues that I was supposed to work at over the summer but havent. Think I can proof Toby's recall in 1 week?

I don't think I'll be returning with Bon for awhile if ever :) She has injured her hip and was limping on it, now she has an inflamed hip/muscle. I'm just going to concentrate on obedience with her (and wolf) and hopefully get her CCD

Toby thinks he is a toy. :) They love playing. I might bring him down to visit a show closer to the Western Classic but he isn't entered before then because I don't think we will be ready. He is 12 weeks next week so he start show classes on Thursday nights.

Hi All - as usual, its been a busy few days in here!!!

I would love to get into agility - still want to continue with Obedience with Wandy, did a bit of practice heading up from the horse & sheep the other night. She stands :rofl: !!! Its only taken about a year for her to understand!!! Now I just have to get her to heel on the left ALL the time!

JoLu - regarding the ticks in WA, as far as I know down here in the south west (including Perth) ticks arent poisonous. They would be roo ticks. Living right on the edge here, we quite often encounter the little horrors. The seem to be worse at different times of the year and I think they like spring when its warm but still wet! I had a giant one scrambling around on me a few months ago - I actually ripped my shirt off to see what the hell was moving so fast over my body - GIANT tick :rofl::eek: :D . The dogs dont seem to pick them up, have seen a few on the horses over the years. I seem to be affected more than any other creature in the household! But then again all insects love me!! Mozzies, ants, ticks, even chook parasites when we had chooks!!! YUKKY...So when do you look like moving JoLu??? How exciting for you!! Jonty will love it!

Im sure racing greyhounds can be shown, a friend has one off the track who is shown - hes a beautiful brindle and white boy. She kept trying to talk me into having him!! Not sure what happens but theres obviously some paperwork involved!

Im sure racing greyhounds can be shown, a friend has one off the track who is shown - hes a beautiful brindle and white boy. She kept trying to talk me into having him!! Not sure what happens but theres obviously some paperwork involved!

Racing greyhounds cab be dual registered to the main register to be shown.

Show breed greys can.t.

Show line greyhounds are completely different lines all together & you dont get many retired racers that do really well in the ring.

There certainly are some shown but when push comes to shove the show/race dogs often are very different.

We showed Greyhounds for many years & had multi BIS/BIG greyhounds & had 1 litter.

We showed 5 show breed greys.

We where offered a number of retired greys to show but they didnt make the grade despite being nice example they wouldnt have beaten our guys.

Guest belgian.blue
I would love to get into agility - still want to continue with Obedience with Wandy, did a bit of practice heading up from the horse & sheep the other night. She stands :rofl: !!! Its only taken about a year for her to understand!!! Now I just have to get her to heel on the left ALL the time!

I want to get my new Belgian trained for herding and hopefully Ivy too. Really looking forward to starting training on Wednesday :rofl:

So you have horses too? Which breed? Do much riding?

Well you won't miss me.. i will be the one with the hyper foxie.. or if without dog and 'helping' set up.. i will be wandering aimlessly trying to help set up things i have no idea about LOL.

I have found that the people are very friendly and helpful, so am sure you can just ask someone. I started off in the young puppy group till Amypie pointed out to me that my dog was obviously in the wrong group LOL. You have the puppies, then the big group of dogs (all types of breeds) and people (adult foundations) then next group along really know what they are doing (mostly border collies, with a few other breeds thrown in LOL). The more advanced group goes after these other groups finish, at 8.(almost all border collies hehe).

Hey RFT you need to get Rosie trialling (and I need to get Kyzer trialling) then we can be Strategic Pairs partners! :eek: Mental Terriers For The Win! :rofl: :D

Does anyone have anything to report form the agility trial last night? I forgot it was on, I wanted to go and watch too :rofl:

JoLu - regarding the ticks in WA, as far as I know down here in the south west (including Perth) ticks arent poisonous. They would be roo ticks. Living right on the edge here, we quite often encounter the little horrors. The seem to be worse at different times of the year and I think they like spring when its warm but still wet! I had a giant one scrambling around on me a few months ago - I actually ripped my shirt off to see what the hell was moving so fast over my body - GIANT tick :D :D :D . The dogs dont seem to pick them up, have seen a few on the horses over the years. I seem to be affected more than any other creature in the household! But then again all insects love me!! Mozzies, ants, ticks, even chook parasites when we had chooks!!! YUKKY...So when do you look like moving JoLu??? How exciting for you!! Jonty will love it!

Thanks for the tick info LR :D I don't want to treat if they aren't a problem so will be vigilant with grooming and keep an eye out for the blighters.

We're probably still a couple of months off moving. Will put the house up for sale in the next few weeks - fingers crossed it'll sell quickly :rofl:

I think Jonty will be confused by all the trees to pee on :eek: I agree they will both love it. Saw the neighbour out with his four GSD's and they were having a grand time running around his block :rofl:

Guest RosieFT

Amypie - that SOUNDS awesome... can that happen with no practice? LOL.. has been toooooo hot... :-) Go Terriers! We can beat those BC's anyday.. cough cough.. :-)

See you Tuesday :-)

Amypie - that SOUNDS awesome... can that happen with no practice? LOL.. has been toooooo hot... :-) Go Terriers! We can beat those BC's anyday.. cough cough.. :-)

See you Tuesday :-)

Rosie i love your signature pic! My Lab cuddles with my one kitty too, its adorable!