Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

OMG the chocolate ones are the best... my fave is probably the bakers delight ones... i do enjoy fruit ones but toasted choc hot cross buns with gooey chocolate and melting butter are just devine... plus sickly enough to ensure i have just one for at least every hour... :thumbsup:

is there a "next meet" thread started yet that i have missed? I was thinking about starting one, i have no idea on dates though!! (except it can't be after 27th April until 3 May if i want to come!)

Hmmm must get onto the tracking thing... i wonder what the deal is with coming along if you didn't attend the tracking workshop... can anyone give me a run down of what happened?

OK, think I have my signature worked out - how do you all get such fab pictures of your dogs? - I took about 30 photos today and almost every one of them is blurred coz he won't keep still! :thumbsup: Then he settled down for a nap so I left him for a while and then gave him a gentle nudge just so he would lift his head for me for a photo, but he looks really "put out" and dopey in those ones.. never mind, had a couple on my phone from the other day so have used those ones.

Just realised I didn't tell you his name - it's Axel. My husband picked it, apparently spelt that way it's viking/scandinavian for "Father of Peace" (I think he meant Axl Rose really!!) :rofl:

I do give him bones as well, not sure if you would call them particularly "meaty" - just brisket bones and some chicken necks occasionally - but very strictly supervised with those. The chicken mince apparently has some bone minced in it too, but not sure how much. We are gradually introducing a few other things into his diet - some veggies etc, so hopefully he will have a much more varied diet eventually.

Would love to come to one of the DOL meets - will have to keep an eye out for them and as far as the Dobie training - I would have loved to go to that, but we live right up north so is too far to travel (I work full-time too - although I have the rest of this week off). We went to the Joondalup training puppy school at Ocean Reef last sunday - the people there are really nice. Axel was very overwhelmed with all the doge there and he's not very food motivated so was more of a social outing for him than a training session. :rofl:

Hot Cross Buns? Love the plain ones, the chocolate ones AND the fruit ones (as long as no peel!!) :rofl:

Aww what a cutie Axel is takes me back a few years!

Where abouts is he from? - you can PM me if you would prefer.

I love Hot cross buns, but have only had the chocolate ones from Brubies and normal ones. As I am not that much inot sultanas I would like the spiced but not fuit ones - yum! Oh and I don't care about peel!

We got him from a breeder in Victoria (Lyn Brown) who was recommended to us by Vivienne at the WA Doberman Club. This is her last litter after 35 years of breeding and he is just gorgeous - we are so tickled pink with him! Looking at his paws, he is probably going to be a big boy, but I think he'll be a gentle giant. We've only had him 2 weeks (he's now 14 weeks old) - but he settled in with us straight away - very laid-back and easy-going.

Actually the left-side picture on my signature (of him sprawled on my sons lap) was taken literally 5 minutes after letting him out of the crate when we got home from picking him up at the airport - he just made himself right at home! :thumbsup:

OMG the chocolate ones are the best... my fave is probably the bakers delight ones... i do enjoy fruit ones but toasted choc hot cross buns with gooey chocolate and melting butter are just devine... plus sickly enough to ensure i have just one for at least every hour... :rofl:

is there a "next meet" thread started yet that i have missed? I was thinking about starting one, i have no idea on dates though!! (except it can't be after 27th April until 3 May if i want to come!)

Hmmm must get onto the tracking thing... i wonder what the deal is with coming along if you didn't attend the tracking workshop... can anyone give me a run down of what happened?

They just let us each do a few tracks with our dogs on a field, wasnt too hectic, I am going along for the first time next saturday, will probably buy maybe the harness but not the longer lead, I find the lead i have hard enough to control at full length :thumbsup:

Edited to say there are a bunch of us getting together for Mason's birthday on easter monday, all are welcome to come down and say hi, we will be there from around 10am and humans are welcome to BBQ with us if you feel for it.

OMG the chocolate ones are the best... my fave is probably the bakers delight ones... i do enjoy fruit ones but toasted choc hot

Just come along to ttracking on 10th April, they were all such a nice frinedly bunch and keen for new people to join so I'm quite sure you will be most welcome!!

No-one has set up another DOL meet - probably because we keep seeing each other at various activities :thumbsup:

RE: The Pet Chef. Roughly how many chicken frames would be in a 1kg bag? At least 4? Also, what sort of containers are their mixes in? I'm thinking of getting some "Scavengers Find" and other things.

TIA

P.S. I hate all hot cross buns, especially the ones with fruit.

RE: The Pet Chef. Roughly how many chicken frames would be in a 1kg bag? At least 4? Also, what sort of containers are their mixes in? I'm thinking of getting some "Scavengers Find" and other things.

TIA

I don't know about Pet Chef, but I buy my chicken frames (large ones) from Cheapa Chicken in Osborne Park - they come in a vacuum pack - usually 5 or 6 for around $2.50, so 50 cents each or less.

Excellent value I reckon, lots of meat on them still :thumbsup:

TIA

Mim I got some 'scavangers find' from there and it was in a plastic bag.

TIA

The food comes sealed in a plastic wrap type thing. I've never bought chicken frames from there sorry.

Hi Jules1 Axel looks very cute indeed! I know you can pick up some good specials at Drovers, I have seen 5kgs of chicken wings for $10. I also get mince from Lenard's and chicken frames but find there is not much meat left on them so have been getting some frames from Wanneroo farmers market.

G'day all! My you have been busy in the last few days!!!

Welcome to the newbies - such beautiful dogs! Spider is gorgeous, great markings and such a cheeky face.

Axel looks like hes going to be a large boy, just as well hes got such a laid-back temp!

We did our trip to Perth, ended up going to Vivisens Teahouse in Freo - what a great little place. Nice quiet atmosphere, service was good without being too in your face, and the food.....................YUMMY!

We headed off to the zoo on Tuesday, a bit warm but I remembered the sunscreen so for once I didnt get sunburned, yay me!! Although I love the zoo, there are some aspects of it that still make me sad, but apart from that it was a great day - and I got to see a Bilby. Such a wonderful little critter.

We indulged on the way home and got ourselves a new TV. A "modern" one, wide screen, skinny thing. Very nice to watch tho!

On the HCB subject, peel is evil, chocolate is tolerable but I much prefer just plain old fruit ones, toasted with lots of butter (not marg :cry: )!

Rat

Is it raw Tiggy? Whereabouts are they?

Like RubyStar says...raw meaty bones are a must for good health. Meat alone will deplete the body of essential nutients including calcium and can cause problems with growing bones. Don't be inclined to artificially supplement as things can go seriously wrong! You can also get pre-prepared BARF patties from Better Pets and Gardens and also City Farmers.

The Pet Chef in Midland makes a good BARF mix :cry: .

OMG the chocolate ones are the best... my fave is probably the bakers delight ones... i do enjoy fruit ones but toasted choc hot cross buns with gooey chocolate and melting butter are just devine... plus sickly enough to ensure i have just one for at least every hour... :rofl:

They just let us each do a few tracks with our dogs on a field, wasnt too hectic, I am going along for the first time next saturday, will probably buy maybe the harness but not the longer lead, I find the lead i have hard enough to control at full length :rofl:

Edited to say there are a bunch of us getting together for Mason's birthday on easter monday, all are welcome to come down and say hi, we will be there from around 10am and humans are welcome to BBQ with us if you feel for it.

You forgot to say where it is :cry: Riverside for those of you playing along at home :cry:

Is it raw Tiggy? Whereabouts are they?

I can't remember the name of the street but you know if you're coming from those new shops JB HI FI, BCF etc and turn left at the lights where Harvey Norman is on the corner, go over the railway then turn right, it's on your left not far after you turn in, it's the back way to getting to Bunnings, hope you understand my directions :cry: . The guy that runs it is pretty full on but very nice, he breeds Cattle dogs.

Edited by Tiggy

Was out walking and this shepherd went for Mason for the second time now and today Mason's leg is actually cut and bleeding, I dont understand why people let their dogs offlead if they think the dog may be aggressive!!! :eek: I am now very annoyed and must head off to work for a couple of hours, not a happy camper today.