Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

In two minds about the rain. Glad for it but I straightened my hair so gah too :confused: .

I forgot - Happy Easter :D

Lol Tiggy i am having the same issue, i straightened my hair for the lunch we going to and hair is fizzing now after i went outside!!!

no rain here (the hills)...I lie...a tiny sprinkle, just enough to tease..bah humbug!!!!!

Happy Easter everybody :D

In two minds about the rain. Glad for it but I straightened my hair so gah too :confused: .

I forgot - Happy Easter :)

Lol Tiggy i am having the same issue, i straightened my hair for the lunch we going to and hair is fizzing now after i went outside!!!

Lots of good stuff happening :confused: :D

No earth shattering news here.....apart from the rain, 7mm so far!

Had a huge storm in the South-West overnight - 42mm of rain and discovered the leak in the roof around the flue of the slow combustion heater is worse then we thought :)

Unfortunately since the hail storm last year our girl hates the sound of heavy rain so we had a trembling Lakeland shaking the bed until the storm blew over.

Lots of good stuff happening :laugh::rofl:

Had a huge storm in the South-West overnight - 42mm of rain and discovered the leak in the roof around the flue of the slow combustion heater is worse then we thought :eek:

Unfortunately since the hail storm last year our girl hates the sound of heavy rain so we had a trembling Lakeland shaking the bed until the storm blew over.

Nice amount of rain drumbeat - shame about the leaky roof though :(

Poor Lakeland girl!!! I have finally convinced our ridgeback that she doesnt need to be IN our bed during a thunderstorm....so she camps right next to the bed instead!!

Lots of good stuff happening :laugh::rofl:

Had a huge storm in the South-West overnight - 42mm of rain and discovered the leak in the roof around the flue of the slow combustion heater is worse then we thought :eek:

Nice amount of rain drumbeat - shame about the leaky roof though :(

Poor Lakeland girl!!! I have finally convinced our ridgeback that she doesnt need to be IN our bed during a thunderstorm....so she camps right next to the bed instead!!

We did lots of training when she was a pup to desensitise her to storms but she was home alone in the storm last year and our pergola sheeting was shattered by the hail so the noise would have been horrendous. I have herbal drops at home but we are down at out holiday place for the weekend. Thankfully our newly adopted boy was a little bit anxious bot not too distressed.

Happy Happy Easter one and all!

Crazy Cresties, those photos are absolutely fantastic. Well done.

Congratulations to all this weekend's winners. I'm new to dog ownership down here in Perth, would any of you mind telling me how to get more involved in the world of dogs? I am north of the river (in the Duncraig/Carine area). How does one find out where/when doggy stuff is on? I usually find out on here after the event. Koda is nearly 4 months old and has finished 5 weeks at train-a-pup but still learning the basics although he has FINALLY worked out the loose leash walking and he had great recall until yesterday when he discovered that he has the power to listen and come when HE wants, not when I call :laugh:

Welcome Aannie - photos of your dog are compulsory :laugh:

There is a Club, Northern Suburbs, who train at Carine Open Space on a Sunday morning. I suggest you either do a google search for the club to find out contacts - or take a wander down on a Sunday morning around 9am. They usually have a caravan with the logo on the side so it should be easy to spot. Not sure if they train during school holidays though.

Welcome Aannie - photos of your dog are compulsory :rofl:

There is a Club, Northern Suburbs, who train at Carine Open Space on a Sunday morning. I suggest you either do a google search for the club to find out contacts - or take a wander down on a Sunday morning around 9am. They usually have a caravan with the logo on the side so it should be easy to spot. Not sure if they train during school holidays though.

We train at northern suburbs at carine so just ask if u need to know anything :laugh: we train on a sunday morning at 9am jnr classes and 10:30 trialling classes.

Well done Mason and Ptolomy on your obedience results :D

Yay for Scoota eating his dinner too last night :) Hopefully he is good today as well :)

Crazy Cresties, lovely photos!

Aannie, welcome :thumbsup:

WX I amgoing to have to try and get a copy of the news report to read :thumbsup: Or will see if it is easier on FB.

I have been checking out some of the Britains Got Talent acts for 2011 after a couple of really good ones were posted on a horse forum. I found this one too

How good are the dogs in that kind of atmosphere!

We didnt get too much rain here, just enough to run for the car for 10 mins :D

Hope everyone enjoyed the agility today, I enjoyed watching it - it looks hard, but I better get used to it, my son loves it and wants to do it with his pup when he is older, especially after being involved today :)

If you were to add an adult dog to your one pup family, is there an ideal age for your pup to be? Or the adult for that matter? very similar breeds, so similar same size and temperament.

Just puttting it out there. :)

We didnt get too much rain here, just enough to run for the car for 10 mins :D

Hope everyone enjoyed the agility today, I enjoyed watching it - it looks hard, but I better get used to it, my son loves it and wants to do it with his pup when he is older, especially after being involved today :)

If you were to add an adult dog to your one pup family, is there an ideal age for your pup to be? Or the adult for that matter? very similar breeds, so similar same size and temperament.

Just puttting it out there. :)

I thought long and hard about this and for me because i enjoy competing i wont have 2 dogs close in age coz i wont be able to keep more than 2 dogs at a time and i dont want them both to be old together and then i am stuck with no dog to compete with. When mason is 3,5 i will start thinking about another dog. In all honesty tho i love my pup so much i doubt i could ever love another dog the same way and its a big issue for me.

Lots of good stuff happening :D :)

M2009 - Congrats on Masons good work!!! Excellent :thumbsup:

Ptolomy, so glad you kid is eating again!!! Hope he continues to improve :thumbsup:

WX - How proud must you be!!!! I have to agree with Ptolomy, you dont look old enough to be his Mum ...... :) (Or to be a Grandy either!!)

This, because I am too lazy this morning to type!!

Plus Mirawee thanksfor posting that vid up - She was certainly a character but her dogs were pretty amazing.

Not much news here, except that we've worked out that James has Cold Tail/Dead tail - which apparently is quite common in gundogs, and particularly labs, English Setters and pointers - who would have thought right?!anyway, apparently it'll get betteri n a couple of weeks, and I have some pain meds that will help in the meantime. Poor James is being more sooky than usual and wants constant cuddles and won't leave my side... poor baby.

Lots of good stuff happening :cheer: :cheer:

M2009 - Congrats on Masons good work!!! Excellent :)

Ptolomy, so glad you kid is eating again!!! Hope he continues to improve :D

WX - How proud must you be!!!! I have to agree with Ptolomy, you dont look old enough to be his Mum ...... :hug: (Or to be a Grandy either!!)

This, because I am too lazy this morning to type!!

Plus Mirawee thanksfor posting that vid up - She was certainly a character but her dogs were pretty amazing.

Not much news here, except that we've worked out that James has Cold Tail/Dead tail - which apparently is quite common in gundogs, and particularly labs, English Setters and pointers - who would have thought right?!anyway, apparently it'll get betteri n a couple of weeks, and I have some pain meds that will help in the meantime. Poor James is being more sooky than usual and wants constant cuddles and won't leave my side... poor baby.

Poor James!!! How does it affect them???? Other than the obvious that is :hug: .....is it painful for them???

ST - :laugh::rofl: I usually quote people so I can remember everyones news!!! Too many people have exciting things to tell & I cant remember half of it :rofl:

Will you be at any shows next Saturday?????

Joelle - cant be of any help as Ive never added an adult dog to our family, always the other way round - pup to adult. Which has its dramas anyway :( Hope some others have some advice or stories for you!

Well done Ptolomy and Mason2009 :cheer: Very exciting results :cheer:

ST- Poor James. :hug:

Happy easter everyone! Down in Albany and have no internet connection except at the cafe.

Best wishes for Scoota, Toby is at PD888's having the time of his life (I bet :laugh: ) but I am missing him. :hug:

Edited by RallyValley

Welcome Aannie - photos of your dog are compulsory :)

Photos of Koda, as requested :rofl:

108_4031.jpg

101_4066.jpg