Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Sorry to hear about Bondi, boxagirl :(

Well we had an interesting afternoon at the park. Poor Millie got bitten by a bull ant on her girly bits!! eek1.gif Oh dear I haven't heard a dog screech out in so much pain before! She attracted the attention of other park goers who came over to see what was happening. She wouldn't stop licking at it and when I tried to see if one had actually crawled inside :o she screeched even more! The screeching finally stopped so we came home and I wrapped a gel pack up in a towel and put it on her privates laugh.gif Poor Moo. That would have HURT!!!!!!!!

Guest RosieFT

Results are back from Bondi's CT scan today. Not good :( She has/had an infection which has eaten away at the bone in her spine, it is all jaggered and in some cases half of a vertabrae are gone. She also has multiple lesions and what appears to be matter compressing spinal cord in afew areas (so a herniated disc) Also has calcification of spinal cord (slight) and vet also said calcification in organs, kidneys- and where she was speyed. Waiting on urine test results to know if infection is active and if it is fungal or bacterial. Fungal infections need constant ongoing treatment as you cannot completely get rid of them. Going to have to get her off steriods too so she can fight infection. She now weighs 22KG- she was 30KG before this happened.

Atleast I know now- and if we can't beat this, there won't be the what if's.

My poor girl, she is so brave and doesn't complain- but this must be so painful :( Hope the pain meds help.

What an amazingly strong dog you have there. I am so sorry to hear of her terrible results. I am amazed though that they didn't pick up that something was amiss by her bloods. Can you not tell by white blood cell count or something, that you are running with an infection?

Good on you to do all you can to help her.

Guest RosieFT

Sorry to hear about Bondi, boxagirl :(

Well we had an interesting afternoon at the park. Poor Millie got bitten by a bull ant on her girly bits!! eek1.gif Oh dear I haven't heard a dog screech out in so much pain before! She attracted the attention of other park goers who came over to see what was happening. She wouldn't stop licking at it and when I tried to see if one had actually crawled inside :o she screeched even more! The screeching finally stopped so we came home and I wrapped a gel pack up in a towel and put it on her privates laugh.gif Poor Moo. That would have HURT!!!!!!!!

umm... YOUCH! Poor dog.

I noticed today that rosie has a scuffed up left nostril and a blooded and slightly swollen lip on the left side.??? Who knows what happened... OH said she did crash into the fence whilst he was playing with a toy with her... hmmm

What an amazingly strong dog you have there. I am so sorry to hear of her terrible results. I am amazed though that they didn't pick up that something was amiss by her bloods. Can you not tell by white blood cell count or something, that you are running with an infection?

They aren't sure if the infection is active or if a prior infection has done all that damage- It looked like a catapillar had eaten away at her spine :( 2 months ago she was a normal dog, running around and you wouldnt know anything was wrong. They also said it was weird that xrays didn't show up her spine degeneration.

Guest RosieFT

They aren't sure if the infection is active or if a prior infection has done all that damage- It looked like a catapillar had eaten away at her spine :( 2 months ago she was a normal dog, running around and you wouldnt know anything was wrong. They also said it was weird that xrays didn't show up her spine degeneration.

Yes i was wondering about the xrays too. If the spine was so degraded, especially the one vertebrae, why was it not seen on the xray?

It has progressed very fast if only 2months ago she was ok. There are some nasty bugs out there though and I am so sorry they have got into Bondi.

Hey fellow West Aussies, I know I havent been on here much at all in the last few months, but I havent had a lot to contibute!

But I would like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas & WONDERFUL New Year!! I hope so much that 2012 is a far kinder year to everyone, as this year has been a total BITCH to too many people I care about :(

Enjoy your day tomorrow, oops, today, I will enjoy watching our two girls opening their prezzies :laugh:

Merry Christmas everyone!

Clever Ruby opened hers and Millie's presents this morning! laugh.gif Got stuck into the wrapping paper and all laugh.gif

My dogs are driving us bonkers with SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK!!

I've just had to finally confiscate the toys as it's been half hour of non-stop squeaking and the dogs are behaving like over excited children. Stimulation levels have gone through the roof so it's time to calm doooowwwwwnnnn :)

Hope everyone and their doggies have a lovely Christmas :D

Edited by RubyStar