Goodbye Diesel

Tonight I said goodbye to my best friend Diesel. I knew this morning that today was the day, he had a few slips and was unable to get himself up, and I would never forgive myself if he had a painful death. At 6:30pm we brought him to the vet, he chewed his pig ear the entire time, he didn't even notice the needle going in, and he slipped away peacefully. He had fought long enough for me, and it was time for me to let him rest.

He enriched my life more than he could ever know and more than words can express. He will live forever in my heart, I miss him so much.

Thank you to all our DOL friends, especially Kelly Louise and Lorraine, who have been with us every step of the way. There are so many others who have been so beautiful and supportive, thank you xx

I love that beautiful little boy so much, the world was a better place with him in it, miss him so much, my heart is broken, I will love him forever

I love that beautiful little boy so much, the world was a better place with him in it, miss him so much, my heart is broken, I will love him forever

With time your heart will mend and you will know that he is still here because he is in your heart, and that your heart kept him safe while you grieved. And you will be able to look back and remember the wonderful times and the joy that you both shared. And you'll softly smile. And you'll know you still miss him, but the raw hurt has gone. You did a wonderous and selfless thing, DW. Hold onto that thought and know it to be true. :)

RIP :laugh: Diesel. Say hello to my girl, who waits for me.

Edited by Erny

So sorry to hear this news DieselWeisel :)

I am sure Diesel thanks you for his peaceful release from pain

I hope my Jordy runs to greet your boy as he arrives at rainbow bridge

Sleep peacefully Diesel

Hugs to you DieselWeisel :laugh:

:rofl: Oh DW – I read the title and hoped against hope it wasn’t your Diesel. Before I even read your post, I admit there were tears flowing freely. I think we all went into battle for Diesel, we wanted so badly to have a good outcome… however, some battles are just too much to conquer. You and Diesel together fought a good fight, and I hope, through your sadness, you feel proud that you did every thing you could for your little guy. No one could have done more, and when the time came – you made the utterly selfless decision to let him go before he suffered too much. I’m in awe of both yours, and Diesel’s bravery throughout this whole ordeal.

I can only smile when I think of Diesel happily running free at Rainbow Bridge with so many others. He is well, there is no pain – no more battles to wage, and he has a massive smile on his face. I have no doubt he will wait patiently to see you again one day far from now.

DW, I feel terribly heartbroken for you – and I’m so very sorry you’ve lost your beloved friend. I know he will forever thank you for what you did for him – how hard you tried – how much you loved – and in the end, how you let him go when he needed you to. I hope his love for you, his friendship and his courage will stay in your heart and memory forever.

He crept into all our lives somehow – and today will be a sad day for all that followed his journey.

:confused: May you rest in peace and happiness forever Diesel. Never forget you were loved and admired by so many.

Hugs to you DW and thank you for sharing your life and inspiration with us. If you need anything ever, please let me know and we’ll be here for you.

When our little one was diagnosed with cushings and I started researching about it I came across your thread. Since then I've followed Diesel's story and many many times I wondered if we would be brave enough to take this in our hands and fight for our guy the way you did. Like Kelly Louise said many people that read about Diesel admired in silence your courage, determination and above all, the love you shared with Diesel. Our hearts are with you and brave Diesel who now must be running free in the beaches across the bridge.

RIP Diesel

Out of all the humans and dogs in the world you found each other and belonged to each other and you always will.

My heart truly goes out to you, DW. :)

I know that horrible mental loop that plays over and over after a devestation such as this but I am glad that yours also has your little piggy gnawing on his pigs ear.

Run and romp free and fast beautiful boy. :laugh: