Unwell Puppy

jass63

I am sure at this stage she doesn't need you to tell her what she should have done or what she should do in the future....

OP already explained how she ended up short of cash..... tomorrow she will have money.. a lot of kind people that can relate to her situation have offered helpful advice.... she sure as hell doesn't need you to remind her of her obligations .... Now if you could offer real help or advice I bet it would be appreciated.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure at this stage she doesn't need you to tell her what she should have done or what she should do in the future....

OP already explained how she ended up short of cash..... tomorrow she will have money.. a lot of kind people that can relate to her situation have offered helpful advice.... she sure as hell doesn't need you to remind her of her obligations .... Now if you could offer real help or advice I bet it would be appreciated.

Is that directed at me?? I'm actually just saying to her that it's a good idea in future to EXPECT things to happen, incase you misread what I wrote. Sheesh. Usually people offer each other good advice and ideas and that was one of them, so get off your high horse

Edited by ~ShelleAndShyla~

The OP received some great offers of help for a situation that appeared desperate all within a relatively short time from the original posting. I do wonder what has happened to prevent her from responding as I would have expected someone in dire straits to have leapt at the assistance on offer ....

And there is no need for anyone to start leaping on one another. If someone asks for opinions, they will receive a diversity of responses, it wouldn't deflect them from the main issue which is the wellbeing of a puppy.

Edited by dogmad

Any news on how puppy is?

:mad Dizney & Fifi

Sorry Ams, no news. But no news is usually good news, so that is hopeful.

A lot of people feel unable or embarrassed to accept offers of assistance, rightly or otherwise, and that is OK and understandable. Perhaps that is why we have not heard back.

I feel fairly confident that OP will take her pup off to the vet tomorrow.

The OP received some great offers of help for a situation that appeared desperate all within a relatively short time from the original posting. I do wonder what has happened to prevent her from responding as I would have expected someone in dire straits to have leapt at the assistance on offer ....

And there is no need for anyone to start leaping on one another. If someone asks for opinions, they will receive a diversity of responses, it wouldn't deflect them from the main issue which is the wellbeing of a puppy.

Exactlyyyyyyy :mad

I would like to know how the pup is also, hope they come back

I agree dyzney.... I am sure puppy will be seen to, OP seemed very concerned about it hence her coming on our forum....

Also agree, it's hard for a lot of people to except financial help and thats okay too... but you're still great for offering. :mad

:mad Good call, Dyzney.

To the OP -

Has the pup been vaccinated? And is his temperature normal? And how long ago was he wormed?

Gummy eyes can be a sign of flea infestation, or worms. If his temperature is normal, and he has been vaccinated - more than 10 days ago, and he is eating, I think it is not too serious.

Keep up the milk - he needs to have fluids, and if he is not drinking water, he needs something. Also, if he has been drinking milk at the breeders, it is fine for him. Let him drink as much as he wants.

As others said, treat his eyes, try to get the fleas off him with a flea comb. If you turn him onto his back, and can see them running out of the forest onto his tummy, your problem is most likely that he has sores from the fleas, and sore eyes from the same cause. Or he may have had a reaction to the flea medication.

All the symptoms you describe could be due to a recent flea infestation, particularly if he hasn't had any before.

However, if he is not vaccinated, they could also be the symptoms of distemper.

Take him to the vet in the am, and good luck. Hope it all turns out well for you and the pup.

That's a very kind offer dyzney :laugh: .

Also I think the pup would be better treated locally so he doesn't have to travel far and for ongoing treatment.

The Lort Smith require more payment upfront these days and are a lot more stringent in asking for commitments requiring direct bank debit plans or even direct billing from Centrelink from welfare recipients. I believe this is because in the past they ran into strife with too many people not paying their bills. I heard that in general they are in big need of more funds in recent times. An organisation that does a marvelous job!

Edited by WhiteEagle

Oh yes, her eyes. Wipe them with cotton wool ball soaked in warm. Even give her little drop of human eye drops if you have them.

This is like saying "give her some human tablets if you have them".

Please DO NOT use random human eye drops in any dog at ANY time.

You could cause serious problems that can cause blindness. Specific medications are for specific conditions. eg. if you put Prednefrin Forte (commonly prescribed for humans) into a squinty eye that may have a small ulcer, you can cause the cornea to (literally) melt.

Bathing the eyes with cool black or camomile tea will sooth the eyes until a vet can be found.

Edited to make sense.

Edited by Elfin

Thanks again everyone, and thank you for the kind offers. I discussed it with my partner yesterday and he wasn't too keen on the idea of letting strangers help us out, it caused a bit of an argument which is why I didn't come back yesterday. I really do appreciate the offers :thumbsup: I should say I did call AEC they said it was hard to tell if it was an emergency, and I wasn't sure how I would get there (i hadn't seen the post about offering a lift at that time though)

Anyway, he's taken her over to the vet and is there right now. We had an appointment at 1pm but got them to see us earlier. I kept her with me last night and she was wimpering most of the night, and is slightly worse than she was yesterday.

I'll let you know how it went as soon as he gets back. My thoughts are that is an allergic reaction of some kind as the rash has spread to inside her ears as well. I don't know if the lameness is related but it is worse today, she can hardly walk at all. :love:

Edited by jass63

Thanks for the update jass.

I am so glad your little girl is at the vet now. All going well they will diagnose and treatment will start straight away, and there will be a quick response.

Poor little possum.

Thank you for responding to my PM.

I totally understand your situation and how OH was upset.

Best of luck with it all, and please keep us posted on how things go.

Back....

It was a reaction to the fleas, apparently its a rare condition but for some reason her immune system didn't kick in properly and got confused and started attacking her body instead. She has a fever so we have to give her a cool bath, she's had antibiotics and steroids and we've got some advantage for the fleas. She should start feeling better tomorrow and be back to her normal self within the week. Thanks all for the responses and suggestions and the offers of help.

I'll come back and post some photo's when she's feeling better!

Back....

It was a reaction to the fleas, apparently its a rare condition but for some reason her immune system didn't kick in properly and got confused and started attacking her body instead. She has a fever so we have to give her a cool bath, she's had antibiotics and steroids and we've got some advantage for the fleas. She should start feeling better tomorrow and be back to her normal self within the week. Thanks all for the responses and suggestions and the offers of help.

I'll come back and post some photo's when she's feeling better!

Photos will be great, and what is her name jass.

You must be very relieved you have a plan to go on with now for her recovery. :thumbsup: