Unwell Puppy

jass63

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with regard to finances, who here would have $1000 on hand over the festive season ? unless one had pet insurance, a credit card, or were financially comfortable, or like us - an account with our local vet because of long standing use and/or work for one.

Most people try & budget week to week for pets, with a pet account being a luxury.

fifi

No worries guys, but not doing it to be popular... the way I see it, let's face it there are probably plenty of us here that have been in a similar position, maybe when we were much younger and less knowledgable.

It is easy to be judgemental when we have wisdom, but it is counter productive, and not a nice way to be.

It's just my turn to help someone today. :mad

We would all love to see this puppy treated as soon as possible and get well. We are here cause we love dogs.

I also hope Jass takes up my offer.

I don't pay fees on my credit card, so it might as well be used by someone that could use the help.

Thanks, I'll ask about starting an account at our vet tomorrow, with the two cats needed their vaccs this year it will be handy. Some decent flea control will have to wait until we've controlled the current problem.

I've called every vet in the area that I can physically get to, all closed :mad

Did the cats have fleas before you brought the puppy home?

Unless you treat all animals in the house with a good quality a flea preventative you will not be able to control the flea problem. It will get worse.

You need to flea bomb every room in the house and wash all bedding, particularly the animals bedding. Preventing the problem in the first place is always easier and less expensive than trying to rid the animals and the house of fleas.

I'm sorry your little puppy is so sick and I hope you can get some help for him today. He sounds very unwell indeed.

Dyzney that is an incredibly kind and generous offer. You have plenty of good karma coming your way. :mad

Excellent luffy.

We are still waiting to hear back. Jass is probably still trying the ring around to see if anything is open and checking with AEC on whether or not they feel it is an emergency. Now we have transport and payment, so that is fantastic. :mad

Edited by dyzney

Take your puppy right now, write them a cheque and it will not clear for three days - when you money is in the account. :mad

Many vets will not accept cheques as payment. I know mine certainly doesn't.

with regard to finances, who here would have $1000 on hand over the festive season ?

I would. My OH and I keep spare funds in an account for this very reason.

That is a wonderful and generous offer Dyzney :mad I hope the little pup gets veterinary attention soon.

Hi Jass, what did you decide?

I don't even mind if it takes an extra day or so pay me back.

Waiting to hear back from you. Of course you are under no obligation to accept any of our offers, but they are genuine and we are happy to help. :mad

We know how concerned you are for your puppy, and so are we.

dyzney.... how kind are you :mad I know what an animal lover you are but thank you so very much for not judging and showing such compassion... Good things are instore for you and no one deserves more....What a lovely kind hearted lady you are.. ;)

dyzney.... how kind are you :mad I know what an animal lover you are but thank you so very much for not judging and showing such compassion... Good things are instore for you and no one deserves more....What a lovely kind hearted lady you are.. ;)

Sweet of you to say jaymatt... but I don't need anything good to come to me. I get a good feeling from being nice. :rofl:

Anything good that comes to be, I will warmly send on to Lauren :happydance2:

with regard to finances, who here would have $1000 on hand over the festive season ? unless one had pet insurance, a credit card, or were financially comfortable, or like us - an account with our local vet because of long standing use and/or work for one.

Most people try & budget week to week for pets, with a pet account being a luxury.

fifi

It is important to remember that even with pet insurance you need to pay the money up front and then get refunded about a month later. And $1000 is a little when you're talking about an emergency vets. My boy's bout of (what turned out to be) severe gastro cost me $4000!

Hope the puppy is OK. Some very generous offers here, really restores your faith in humanity. The Vets where I work will never turn away an animal in need - like someone mentioned earlier, we may hold onto the animal for a day or so until payment, but everything gets the treatment it needs.

We've had other unexpected costs come up, and because of the holidays our pay dates have been messed up. I did spend money on flea control that hasn't worked. No one expects their pet to get sick, and unfortunately it has happened at a bad time for us.

In the future, EXPECT pets to get sick so you can be prepared for anything that may happen :mad I never think my pets are gonna be totally healthy all the time, illness and accident can come around in the next hour on any given day so you never know what the future holds!

Hope pup gets seen to and gets better poor bub

Dyzney, Fifi, :mad people like you restore faith in humanity. Such generosity....amazing!

Just a thought, could a heavy flea burden be causing anaemia in this pup??? Obviously there are some other things at play as well, but that could explain the lethargy, etc.