Very Upset

redz

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it is all in the definition of "bad dealings".

I flew two puppies out of Hobart yesterday morning.....one to Cairns, one to Melbourne. And over the past 23 years I have flown dogs to the USA, NZ and literally EVERY state in Australia with no really major problems whatsoever.

Including one which flew to the USA and was actually due to land on September 11, 2001. Flight was delayed for quite a few weeks and he was held in Melbourne by the transport company to make it easier for quarantine purposes, but he still arrived safely.

My 9 week old puppy arrived at her forever home so badly dehydrated that she was in the vet's hospital for three days, and died on the fourth day. A terrible thing for her new owners, (and me.) She had flown from Brisbane to Mackay.

I can understand that would be very upsetting for all concerned but it may not necessarily be completely the fault of the airline.

Which airline and what time of the day was the flight are the first two questions that need to be asked?

That's not far, really--

Something is seriously amiss somewhere.

I flew a puppy from Hobart to Cairns last Friday morning. She arrived with nary a hair out of place and a clean and dry crate. I had to get her to the airport at the ungodly hour of 4.30am to ensure her comfort on the earliest flights I could organise but it was well worth the trouble.

I just flew two pups to WA, made sure they went late in the arvo, because of heat. Used All Creatures and they make sure the pups/dogs have water. Pups bounded out of their crate, no worse for wear. I was very wary but all good and I really cannot complain. Have also sent a pup to NZ used All Creatures and pup arrived happy and safe.