Can't Even Walk Down My Street!

Crazy Daisy

OK I need to have a vent. I have avoided walking my dogs down the street for weeks now. I normally use the back gate and go through the bush or put them in the car and drive them to another street. Well today because of all the rain I decided the bush was too muddy and the dogs were stinky so I decided to walk down my street. Not a good idea :rofl:

On my left:

Two houses down two goldens ran up and down the fence barking madly

Empty block

Beagle barking his head off, owner comes out and calls him, no response from dog. Owner goes inside with dog still going ballistic. I notice there is no gate :thumbsup: . Beagle charges out as we pass but just stands behind us barking.

Next door two border collies going off and barking as loud as possible. Owner says "quiet" and walks inside while dogs continue to try to savage us :D

Next two labs, again barking madly and doing my head in.

Two empty blocks and end of road, have to turn around. Bummer

Now on my left with said dogs now on the right still going crazy

Bitzer and swf going mental.

Non dog house (how they stand it I don't know)

Husky x , gives a quick bark and runs away.

I was so angry I stood in the middle of the street and yelled "shut your bloody dogs up!!!"

I am so proud of Daisy and Ruff not even one growl from either of them. Ruff was a bit amped up in the middle of this commotion but he just did those little hops where he bouces on his back legs. But settled really well when I talked to him.

I am so cranky that I can't even take a nice walk down my street without coming back with a headache. I also can't believe people were at home and didn't try to do more to stop their dogs.

Most of these dogs are purebred. If you go on this site and you own one of these dogs. Bloody train them and make it a nicer street to live in!!!!!

OK, rant over :D

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charlie always barks at passing dogs if he's out the front watching through the gate but I always call him back in because I know how much it unsettles him when other dogs do the same to him. Wherever we've lived it happens, some houses worse than others. It's worse when they're right next door because it doesn't matter where you go, you can't really avoid them - and we've had the whole big dogs throwing themselves at the wooden gate going balistic next door to us when Charlie was a puppy and it used to scare the bejeebus out of him - it sounded like the gate was going to collapse each time.

We have a lot of dogs around our neighbourhood too that carry on when you walk past. There is one dog in particular that always makes me nervous as he is a lot larger than the fence and I'm sure one day he is going to jump it.

There are also a number of dogs loose, which I really don't like.

Why can't people keep their dogs locked up and secure? :offtopic:

Are you complaining about dogs barking :offtopic: ? It's a pretty normal thing for dogs to do when they see a dog wallking past.

I wouldn't mind if it was just a warning bark, but these dogs run up and down the fence which is post and wire, with such ferocious barks that you can't even think straight. I certainly do not find it acceptable. I can understand if the owners weren't home, but to SEE what they're dogs were doing and to just go inside and do nothing is just plain rude. ;)

There is another lady down the street who has recently got a dog and she and her children are petrefied to walk down there. That's not on in my book.

And they just don't bark at us when I have the dogs they also do it when I take the kids that way to get to another part of the bush that we like to walk.

I can't even get my dogs out the front door without fear that the dog next door will be in the front yard where there is a 2 foot fence.

next doors dog barks madly at them and I fear he will come over the fence at them, he is a border collie x cattle dog.

my dogs can't even play in the back yard no barking without him going off his nut.

don't start me on trying to walk around the neighbourhood.

I feel your pain.

mine arfe kept out the back so they can't bark at passing dogs because I know how frustrating it is.

Edited by Caesars mum

Mine don't park at anyone passing, but they can't see the street. They also don't fence fight, but we are surrounded by dogs that do. There is a dog down the street that has made a game of jumping up at the front fence, looking over, then spinning around. It could get over if it wanted to, but its obviously just a game. Still gives me a fright though!

I agree its so frustrating. We live in the country, in a small town, the dog next to us never barks but when he does we wonder if he's ok, he looks like a staffy X. The people over the road have a kelpie, never hear from her, but she is penned in the back and only comes out for walks and for rounding up the sheep. People at the side of us have 2 greyhounds, they love to wag their tails and run up and down wanting you to play, but never bark....

But down the road they have a Blue Heeler this dog is always allowed to roam around its house without fence or lead. If you walk past it runs at you, I hate the the thing. The owner used to be our local Primary School teacher.....so much for making an example of the laws :offtopic:

Bluefairy

Or maybe they can all be debarked. Or maybe they can be sent to a school that stops them behaving like dogs. :laugh: Perhaps, though, as a dog lover, you might buy an iPod and set off to the sounds of music and be glad to give a few other (possibly very bored) dogs a few moments' excitement and enjoyment BARKING - as dogs will (God bless 'em) - at dogs going past. :laugh: Arf arf! You might even be surprised to hear from irate neighbours that your dogs bark sometimes, too. Blimey ...

Edited by hoffpig

I wish that was all half the dogs around my area did.

There is no way I can walk my guys anywhere around my area as many dogs are not shut in and will attack my guys and of course my guys are to blame for their dogs rushing and attacking :laugh:

I now have to load them up in shifts and take them to the park or river.

It would be so much easier just to go for a walk :laugh:

Leanne

Most of these dogs are purebred. If you go on this site and you own one of these dogs. Bloody train them and make it a nicer street to live in!!!!!

I'm sure they will, after being asked so nicely :laugh:

OK, yes maybe that wasn't the nicest way to put it :laugh:

Maybe I could put it this way.

If you are at home and see your dog going off at someone just trying to go for a walk would you be so kind to try to call your dog away from the fence.

I cant even walk on my own place!!!! I,m sitting here reading dol waiting to walk my dogs, hoping the neighbor and her little foxie thing who walks up the track on our property each day has been and gone. Cause yesterday Pepper chased the little dog and got a smack....... blast now its raining .