Training Talk Thread

Tiggy

Ptolomy my sit stay has gone from bad worse, he will now even get up and come to me during a sit stay, we tried a few things in class ( like me just going back to him popping him back on lead and ignoring him for awhile) - G said to also put him on a stake when he does that and ignore him but thats very hard as I walk him across to the park and I think he wont really care if he is tied out on the stake. Everything else went well, SFE is good, we started doing change of positions and that was good too. Heelwork was very good today too.

Huski well done on the second trial and I am sure next time you will do even better!!

Terranik, gorgeous puppy!

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

G said to also put him on a stake when he does that and ignore him but thats very hard as I walk him across to the park and I think he wont really care if he is tied out on the stake.

Putting Daisy back on a stake out for 'bad' things (i.e. barking during stays etc) works really well for us - why not put the stake close to where the class is (if possible)? You could even see if you could borrow someone else's dog to train and play with while he is on the tie out (in front of him).

ETA: Meant to add at least there was absolutely no barking during stays today :laugh: Good girl Daisy :o

Edited by huski

G said to also put him on a stake when he does that and ignore him but thats very hard as I walk him across to the park and I think he wont really care if he is tied out on the stake.

Putting Daisy back on a stake out for 'bad' things (i.e. barking during stays etc) works really well for us - why not put the stake close to where the class is (if possible)? You could even see if you could borrow someone else's dog to train and play with while he is on the tie out (in front of him).

ETA: Meant to add at least there was absolutely no barking during stays today :laugh: Good girl Daisy :o

I can do that in class and it may work but at the park we are usually the only ones over there so I dont think he will care- Mason is very chilled and things dont seem to bother him unless I make it very obvious that I am upset with him, will try it and see though.

I can do that in class and it may work but at the park we are usually the only ones over there so I dont think he will care- Mason is very chilled and things dont seem to bother him unless I make it very obvious that I am upset with him, will try it and see though.

Definitely worth a go especially if you pop him on the tie out and completely ignore him for 10-15 minutes.

...He's never trained one before though, so Fable will suit him well! She's not as crazy as Miss Soaks!! :( He's doing TID with her, so she might end up that way though!

Hmm... Maybe I will have to eat my words... She tugs like CRAAAAAAAAAZY!! What a little ripper! I can't wait to see how she turns out! :cry:

But I think I'm going to need to buy some ear plugs... She sure has some lungs on her! :)

TerraNik - Your puppy is ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!! What a gorgeous little girl - sounds like she's going to be LOTS of fun!!!

Yay Huski!! I'm so glad she worked better for you today - and yes third time lucky tomorrow - I'll be there watching (might even be stewarding in your ring, fingers crossed, hehe). Cya bright and early tomorrow morning :cry:

well home from a double trial today. No pretty pink cards for us but some really nice work from Ella! In the morning trial she didn't get her seekback but the wind was insane, we have all kinds of things going flying and the scent was blown all over the place that the poor girl tracked most of the pattern in the middle of the ring next door! Everything else in that trial was really nice.... ran out of points on one article due her picking it up and dropping a few too man times and she ended up with 2nd place! :cry:

Evening trial she got full marks for seekback but then blew 2 articles, just got confused and stressed I think and lost confidence on them and started grabbing at the wrong ones but I can't work out why as she's been soo good on them for ages now. Then she gave me a really sensational signals exercise all up to the very end where she forgot to sit after the finish at the end so a 0 there sadly. :( But aside from the articles I was stoked with how she went!!!

well home from a double trial today. No pretty pink cards for us but some really nice work from Ella! In the morning trial she didn't get her seekback but the wind was insane, we have all kinds of things going flying and the scent was blown all over the place that the poor girl tracked most of the pattern in the middle of the ring next door! Everything else in that trial was really nice.... ran out of points on one article due her picking it up and dropping a few too man times and she ended up with 2nd place! :cry:

Evening trial she got full marks for seekback but then blew 2 articles, just got confused and stressed I think and lost confidence on them and started grabbing at the wrong ones but I can't work out why as she's been soo good on them for ages now. Then she gave me a really sensational signals exercise all up to the very end where she forgot to sit after the finish at the end so a 0 there sadly. :) But aside from the articles I was stoked with how she went!!!

Welcome to UD Seita - where every exercise breaks and you put it back together again only to have a different one break the next trial. Things that have never been a problem in the past come and bite you on the backside :(

Good luck tomorrow - hoping you pass and get one of those pretty pink cards.

Did you get todays rounds on video?

Oh yep tell me about it Ptolomy, UD is a whole new experience - ah well we are still enjoying it some of the time :cry: .

But least it appears we have re found our seekback presents now to refind where her box sendaways have disappeared to :( .

Edited by ness

TerraNik, GORGEOUS little puppy!!! :( I'm sure you're going to have heaps of fun with her!

Bugger huski, but sounds like Daisy improved and third time's a charm perhaps??? Good luck tomorrow!

Sounds like Ella's UD is going well besides the few minor hiccups, way to go :cry:

Fable is so cute! :cry:

Me and RS had the rally seminar today, it was very motivating and I am even more excited at training towards Rally and hopefully eventally original obidience if I don't get to scared..

We have the assesment/trial run through tomorrow and me and Lincoln will be aiming to not embrassas ourselves too much!

Have you been studying hard? :( I went out to the movies tonight, so no "study" for me.

Rally looks like fun, but I am still in the minority that thinks "traditional" obedience is a hoot :rofl:

(edit: when it goes well :))

Edited by RubyStar

Well Coco is getting a bit better each trial I think. Last night we got a zero in the first box as she did the most beautiful straight recall :cry: It was a case of Jump? What jump? Lost a few points on her first article as she returned to the steward behind me before realizing Hang on your not my mum and coming to me. And she sat near the end of the group stand. Not sure if that was due to the cold or the people loudly telling their dog to SIT just outside the ring. Possibly need more distraction training for that.

It was freezing last night and when you are a shorthair you notice these things. Poor baby was literally shivering with blocks of ice for ears when I came back from the long down. I am pleased with her though all things considered and there is another attempt next weekend. Might as well strike while the iron is hot.

This UD thing is a little frustrating but heaps of fun isnt it?

It was freezing last night and when you are a shorthair you notice these things. Poor baby was literally shivering with blocks of ice for ears when I came back from the long down. I am pleased with her though all things considered and there is another attempt next weekend. Might as well strike while the iron is hot.

OMG it was bloody freezing wasn't it!! I felt bad because I didn't bring Daisy's coat but she didn't seem to mind, no shivering, I was amazed :(

Fable is so cute! :(

Me and RS had the rally seminar today, it was very motivating and I am even more excited at training towards Rally and hopefully eventally original obidience if I don't get to scared..

We have the assesment/trial run through tomorrow and me and Lincoln will be aiming to not embrassas ourselves too much!

Have you been studying hard? :) I went out to the movies tonight, so no "study" for me.

Rally looks like fun, but I am still in the minority that thinks "traditional" obedience is a hoot :o

(edit: when it goes well :rofl:)

I think obedience is fun to :D

Have you been studying hard? :) I went out to the movies tonight, so no "study" for me.

Rally looks like fun, but I am still in the minority that thinks "traditional" obedience is a hoot :(

(edit: when it goes well :o)

Nope no study. I dropped in at a liquor storeon my way home (I think we can all see where this is going :rofl:) and hada relaxing evening in front of the fire. I alsowatched you tube clips of Chessies doing both kinds of obidience and found what might actually have been the worst obidience round ever to pass, by aChessie of course :D. Also saw the Chessie that is going to be Lincoln's obidience role model.

Rally looks like fun, but I am still in the minority that thinks "traditional" obedience is a hoot :o

(edit: when it goes well :rofl:)

I think obedience is fun to :D

Me three!!!

well home from a double trial today. No pretty pink cards for us but some really nice work from Ella! In the morning trial she didn't get her seekback but the wind was insane, we have all kinds of things going flying and the scent was blown all over the place that the poor girl tracked most of the pattern in the middle of the ring next door! Everything else in that trial was really nice.... ran out of points on one article due her picking it up and dropping a few too man times and she ended up with 2nd place! :(

Evening trial she got full marks for seekback but then blew 2 articles, just got confused and stressed I think and lost confidence on them and started grabbing at the wrong ones but I can't work out why as she's been soo good on them for ages now. Then she gave me a really sensational signals exercise all up to the very end where she forgot to sit after the finish at the end so a 0 there sadly. :rofl: But aside from the articles I was stoked with how she went!!!

Welcome to UD Seita - where every exercise breaks and you put it back together again only to have a different one break the next trial. Things that have never been a problem in the past come and bite you on the backside :)

Good luck tomorrow - hoping you pass and get one of those pretty pink cards.

Did you get todays rounds on video?

I haven't checked the camera. I got the first round on video but I think my memory card was full again part way through the second round. I need to put a bigger one in there as it only fits one UD round plus a little bit on there at the moment!

So we were sitting on a first place and 91 today and Daisy broke her down stay AGAIN :( second quallie in two days we've blown on that last bloody exercise! Back to the drawing board :rofl: but very happy with her work today, it proves to me she really is capable of bringing home those high scores :o we still placed third and got highest scoring Metro member so lots of positives to take home :)

Edited by huski