March Photo Challenge

Ashanali

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I purchased a new camera Canon 450D last week completely new to all of this. We had a practice session at a dog show. With that in mind I tried to get some photos to crop square. This is my attempt. Hope this right.

2010_0313burnie1303100023sammydol.jpg

Ooohhh, congrats on your new toy!! Gorgeous dog too. :rainbowbridge:

Thank you JS. Is this crop correct for square? My daughter helped me with the cropping but we only photoshop elements and I was unsure and still am.

Hmmm hope this is right? Edited to add that I'm going for the 1:1 . . . might give it another go as it's a big pic with none of the quality. Not sure what I did to export it like that

post-8378-1269066369_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kirbs

evolving - nice shot of the bird flying ;)

anniek - too funny the dog flopped in the bowl :rofl:

I'd definitely intended to crop this square, but that doesn't necessarily mean I'd pre-framed it up with a clear idea in my mind :eek: it worked okay at least, not like most of the others I've tried

4446824659_c31df6fd00.jpg

I will continue to try these vertical panoramas despite the fact that I'm thinking that they are totally wrong :D

4447597204_73e0e439f4.jpg

and a couple more normal panoramas :)

4447595980_dfce3f6301.jpg

well almost normal, this one to follow is upside down :)

4447595268_d9b025b080.jpg

4446819071_8b569d393a.jpg

:D

For those struggling with panos - try a 3:1 or 4:1 crop instead of a 2:1 crop. I personally don't really dig the ol' 2:1 crop most of the time and find a more dramatic crop pleases my eye more often. Here's a 3:1 just for fun

post-21501-1269319096_thumb.jpg

Edited by kja

Huga - love the baby in the bathtub with the duckie!! It gives us all the information we need and no extra bits in the frame. Well done!

In this last week of the challenge, I'd love to see people really really pushing that square crop. Think essential information ... for instance in the tomato shot above, do we need to see the whole tomato? What if we cropped it down to its essential ingredients - the stem and some of the flesh, maybe? Even going back to shots you've posted already and reshooting them or recropping with a bit of severity in mind :) fun!!