Luki - Parvo Survivor

oh crap :D not parvo I'm so sorry. Sending wishes for puppy. :cool:

iggymum, it looks like the trots but worse - they can feel it and look sad/flat. There is a smell too, a terrible metallic bloody poopy smell. It's awful. So fast and cruel.

thanks for that powerlegs,

Even though my little girl is not well, I now don't think it's parvo unless the symptoms haven't shown yet as she has brightened a little this afternoon and she wolfed down her dinner tonight. Also, I changed her diet as her poos were a bit soft and it's worked as they've firmed up now. Hope k9angels boy, my girl and all the babies at Blacktown are okay. :D

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is paying for his vets bill?

Is it you personally K9?

If it is, please, PM me some details and I will give you some money to help towards the cost.

Yes, I am the one paying.

Thank you for your offer, it is much appreciated.

I'd like to help a little too. Please PM me.

Thank you so much Jerojath for your kind offer.

How about Kane, Lothair, Bhaltair, Luki or Owen, ?

They are all names that mean "fighter". He needs a good strong name :cool:

Luki is nice. :D

I have spent the night looking up names. My eyes have turned square.

These were some I found with their meanings:

B.B. = Beautiful baby

Balin = Powerful and strong

Kobi = means joy in japanese

Beau = Handsome

Tikaani = Wolf

Kaskae = Chief

Nanook = Cute, kind

Conri = King of wolves

Ralf = Red wolf

Dustin = Brave Warrior

What do youse think? I do like Luki. It has a soft sound to it, just like him. Kobi is nice also.

They are all names that mean "fighter". He needs a good strong name :D

Luki is nice. :D

B.B. = Beautiful baby

Beau = Handsome

Tikaani = Wolf

Kaskae = Chief

Nanook = Cute, kind

Conri = King of wolves

Ralf = Red wolf

Dustin = Brave Warrior

What do youse think? I do like Luki. It has a soft sound to it, just like him. Kobi is nice also.

ETA Obviously hit wrong key and posted a blank lol!!

Well k9angel,

if you're up at the computer now then I assume that no news is good news thank goodness. I reckon with soooo many people praying for him he can't do anything but come good :cool:

So to names

I liked Nanook the best but also Luki and Balin. I'm sure you will come up with just the right name for him when the time comes.

Edited by iggy mum

They are all names that mean "fighter". He needs a good strong name :D

Luki is nice. :)

B.B. = Beautiful baby

Beau = Handsome

Tikaani = Wolf

Kaskae = Chief

Nanook = Cute, kind

Conri = King of wolves

Ralf = Red wolf

Dustin = Brave Warrior

ETA Obviously hit wrong key and posted a blank lol!!

Well k9angel,

if you're up at the computer now then I assume that no news is good news thank goodness. I reckon with soooo many people praying for him he can't do anything but come good :cool:

So to names

I liked Nanook the best but also Luki and Balin. I'm sure you will come up with just the right name for him when the time comes.

Glad I am not the only one still up on DOL. :D

I will be ringing first thing in the morning. I keep looking at the pic of the blk & wht husky and wondering what happened to him and if he's ok. I am ringing Illy also, and requesting she call the ppl who adopted him to let them know whats going on. Hopefully, if he got sick too, they would of taken him to a Vet.

I worry toooo toooo much. My Dad was the same, I think its where I get it from, that and the fact, I care.

I saw my Dad cry only once in my life - and it was over a dog.

Ive been thinking about the little man all night. I doubt I will sleep much. I am glad I took his Vet bed, so he had a nice comfy, warm bed to sleep on. He jumped straight on it, when I put it in. :D little bugger.

How very sad, I hope this poor little mite pulls through but parvo is worse for puppies or any dogs in poor condition (ie very thin) to fight as they don't have the same reserves.

One other thing that it is important to know, and maybe talk to your vet about now, is the special care regime needed for some time, if the dog gets off the drip and out of the vets. There's special food required due to the damage done to their insides by the disease for some time after.

Unfortunately, although I don't feel it is so difficult myself, some people are either not able or not willing to provide such care.

Therefore it is probably important to talk to the family about it now so that they can have a think about it.

K9 angel- just a query- how do you go with disinfecting etc after you go to a pound/vets with parvo present? How do you avoid carrying it back home?

Different shoes? shoe protectors? foot baths? gowns/gloves? What is the procedure?When I call at the vets to buy stuff ,for example- I always put plastic bags around my shoes..then spray the soles with white king.... probably doesn't help- but makes me feel better :cool:

Hope the little fella is a bit stronger this morning.

Edited by persephone

Luki made it through the night and is "alot better" according to my Vet. :rofl::rofl::)

I am so happy. I spoke to his wife first, she said he was a lot better this morning, much better to what he was when she saw him last night. Ross said he picked up after I spent time with him last night. I knew it would help. Oh I cant wait to visit him today. I was so excited on the phone. :rofl: I know its not over yet and he isnt 100% but he isnt getting worse, he is showing signs of improvement. I cant tell you all how happy I am.

Before I rang, I was so nervous, I vomitted. :rofl: It took a little courage to pick up the phone, but I did. I had to know, either way.

I want to Thank everyone for their support and kind offers. And help with his name! Luki is soft and beautiful, just like him and if it means "fighter" well that is him, he sure is a little fighter.

I have contacted Illy this morning. It is vital she contact the owners of the other little blk & one pup, as the Vet is almost certain he would of had it too. I am waiting for her to call back.

It has been a long, worrying night.

I am waiting OH's return. He took his little one to football. I told him to hurry back, I have to see Luki. (The Vet closes at 1pm) I will be sure to give him lots of cuddles from you all. :D

Thank you again - if it wasnt for your support and well wishes, I would of been lost. :rofl:

k9, I hadn't had a chance to read this before now but wanted to add some bentley glows to the other prayers for this little one's recovery. Anyone who doesn't know what a bentley is, it's the white blaze on top of the cattle dog's head and whenever we ACD ppl invoke prayers we call it lighting bentleys or sending bentley glows. It's also a nice thing to say if you are not religous.

The poor little tacker is just skin and bones isn't he? I so hope he improves enough to go home and be spoiled rotten soon!

Love that you chose the name Luki!

From the website I was looking through:

The name Luki comes from the German origin. In German The meaning of the name Luki is: Famous fighter.

I thought that with a strong name (like a totem) and all of the DOL healing vibes he just has to pull through.

You are a caring person k9angel. So glad you are involved in rescue but don't forget to look after yourself too. You are a very important resource :)