Have You Ever Forgotten To Feed Your Dog?

ILK

The dogs haven't yet gone all night without a meal, but it has come close. One night we went and visited friends and stayed longer than we meant, and when we got home at 2am, we realised the poor dogs hadn't been fed!

I have dreams about forgetting to feed the dogs!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The dogs haven't yet gone all night without a meal, but it has come close. One night we went and visited friends and stayed longer than we meant, and when we got home at 2am, we realised the poor dogs hadn't been fed!

I have dreams about forgetting to feed the dogs!

Dreams or nightmares :)

Guest Tess32

It's not a big deal.

I feed Noah anytime from 7pm to 10pm....

Lately he's started looking all 'pleeeeeeease feeeeeeeed me' by 8 though, heh.

I forgot to defrost something a while ago so he went hungry, he'll survive.

Jenna has taken to telling me when she wants fed. She starts bouncing around to get my attention then goes to the wall at the kitchen which is her spot when I'm in there and then when I say "well show me what you want" she runs across to the pet freezer touches it with her nose and drops with her nose glued to the door. When it comes to their water dishes being empty, Gizmo has a little single bark he gives then he waits abit and gives another single bark until I come and fill his dish. Jenna knocks her dish around then comes and looks at me and then goes and knocks it some more till I respond.

Mum feeds Bianca at around 4pm, so I'm not home from work then. On the days I'm home, she stands and stares at you, occasionally shoving her nose under your hand. She'll also start "acting funny" by throwing her toys around, then turning to look at you for a reaction.

She's a lot more gentle with Mum (not that she isn't gentle all the time), but she must know that Mum is very frail and she's not to be silly or jumpy around her, so I don't know what she does to Mum at dinnertime. Mum can forget things occasionally, but I've noticed she never forgets to feed the dog.

I have been known to forget to defrost the chicken frame for brekky, which means you might see me at 6.30am nearly naked, with my eyes closed trying to work the defrost function on the microwave.

When it comes to their water dishes being empty, Gizmo has a little single bark he gives then he waits abit and gives another single bark until I come and fill his dish. Jenna knocks her dish around then comes and looks at me and then goes and knocks it some more till I respond.

Awww, that's cute.

My dogs don't tell me if they are out of water, I wish they would, it would save me having to check it all the time :rofl:

Our old dog used to have a particular bark she would make if she wanted water, she'd stand by the dish and look at you and bark in a very bossy and annoyed tone, demanding little cow she was :D

I have on the odd occasion, but they are used to odd meal hours already so, they don't tend to kick up a fuss. Although Spot will do his, 'come on, follow me' thing and lead me to the fridge. :rofl:

Hmmm was on my way out to a DOLer dinner catch up and forgot to feed them before I left, did not realise till everyone else was talking about rushing to feed their dogs. I knew I had forgotten something. So just fed them when I got home.

Mine often go without & get fed in the morning instead, not because I forget, but b/c it suits me better. I don't like to feed late at night & then shut them in the hosue all night (especially the old boys), so if I am late, I usually wait till the morning.

If we have an evening trial, I will feed them mid morning, so they are not running on a full tummy.

If they have a particularly large meal, I will sometimes fast them the next day.

They seem to cope just fine.

Edited by Vickie

My life is so routined. When I wake up, it's out to the garden with the dog to pick up my papers. Then Dog will go toileting and come in for his breakfast. He gets fed again at around 5pm. I have no peace if dog is not fed..he has an annoying barkish yap that starts around 450pm followed by a lot of hopping and spinning and pawing. He lives for his food so I will never ever forget his meal. I try to plan my schedule such that I don't miss his dinnertime as well..if not, he gets fed earlier.

Yep I did a little while ago when I was very unwell, I had to virtually crawl to my bedroom as my head was absolutely splitting and I was on the verge of vomiting. They quietly went to be bed didn't make a peep.

It wasn't until I woke up sometime during the night when the thumping had died down a bit that I remembered, I just gave them breakfast consisting of their dinner instead of the chew they normally get and they were fine.

I am quite sure they would have been unhappy about it though.

Edited by Rommi n Lewis