I Am Not A Snob!

whitka

Grr I am so sick of people thinking im a snob just because I like purebreds :laugh: Im sorry that I dont want something that was just randomaly bred a dd from this big breeder that sells hundres of puppys and im sorry i dont want to go to a shelter. What is wrong with getting a dog in my choesen breed that was thoughtfully bred, where the breeder made time to decide what stud would go with her girl and did the right health tests?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grr I am so sick of people thinking im a snob just because I like purebreds :laugh: Im sorry that I dont want something that was just randomaly bred a dd from this big breeder that sells hundres of puppys and im sorry i dont want to go to a shelter. What is wrong with getting a dog in my choesen breed that was thoughtfully bred, where the breeder made time to decide what stud would go with her girl and did the right health tests?

Meh I dont mind if people think I'm a snob... I like my dogs to be predictable, and for them to ooze breed characteristics in regards to both looks and temperment!

No, you are not a snob. If you are, then I must be too. I like to know the temperament of both parents mainly because of my small grandchildren as I can't afford to have an unknown around them. Having a pure breed is entirely my choice, and I do go to known breeders and will again when another member of the fur variety is to join our household.

I love being a breed snob and I don't care what people think. At least I know what my dogs are going to grow up like and mine have relatives that I can meet if I want to.

How many dd's have cousins, half-siblings, aunts and uncles etc. that you can pinpoint and compare? In the Aussie thread here on DOL at least half of the dogs there are loosely related to mine and some are closely related.

Nothing wrong with it, even though I believe that everyone should own at least one rescue dog in their lives.

You dont have to be sorry or make apologies for any decisions you make. No one does.

The only people who should make apologies are those whos decisions directly impact others in a negative way.

So those who call others a pedigree snob, or those who call others supporters of BYB because they choose not to have a pedigree pet each have a negative impact on one another.

Live and let live is a good motto. Saves on apologies lol.

Edited by GeckoTree

Nothing wrong with it, even though I believe that everyone should own at least one rescue dog in their lives.

why?

Yes why? I've never owned a rescue dog or a crossbreed and I never will, I'm a purebred dog snob and proud of it.

why?

Yes why? I've never owned a rescue dog or a crossbreed and I never will, I'm a purebred dog snob and proud of it.

I have never personally owned a mix breed or rescue dog myself, family has as a child, but never me.

I never will either. You get what you pay for.

I have one purebreed dog and one rescue and they're both perfect as far as I'm concerned :thumbsup:

But I agree, who cares what other people think. You are choosing a dog that matches your lifestyle, has been health checked and bred well...nothing wrong with that!

Thinking you're a snob is an attitude stemming from ignorance, and is a function of jealousy and envy. Given this is the case, perhaps its safe to assume that their attitude is of no consequence, since to satisfy them you'd have to lower yourself to their level. And then they'd think you're a snob because you're wearing two matching socks...

Edited by Hetzer

I am a purebred snob and proud of it :laugh:. I even give our puppy owners the "Purebred Enough Said" sticker when they take their puppies home :thumbsup:

I have had a rescue and she too was purebred . . .

Be proud of your choice, proud of your breeder and even prouder of your dog.

I have never bred nor been interested in breeding - I am a pet owner.

I like pure bred dogs because I can get a dog with health checks going back a few generations

and

I know what characteristics (personality to a pretty good degree and physical size etc) my pup will have as an adult.

I can't see how that makes me a snob

You aren't a snob, you are being responsible in finding the right breed that you know will suit your lifestyle, not some Xbred who may or may not suit and may end up needing to be rehomed! I have a Xbred and I adore her, but we were lucky she turned out the size she is and has the temprement she has. I doubt I will own a X bred again, I want to breed Aussies but I also want to be involved in my Aussie Shepherd and Irish Terrier rescue too.

Meh, forget about those who say that stuff, Growing up we had a Boxer, SBT and Cattle dog - all unpapered, but they were not my dogs (parents and brothers)

Me? I will only ever own papered dogs, loving the breeds I do, i would never take the risk of getting one that didnt have papers. I like knowing what I am going to get and like knowing the family history of my dogs.

You aren't a snob, you are being responsible in finding the right breed that you know will suit your lifestyle, not some Xbred who may or may not suit and may end up needing to be rehomed! I have a Xbred and I adore her, but we were lucky she turned out the size she is and has the temprement she has. I doubt I will own a X bred again, I want to breed Aussies but I also want to be involved in my Aussie Shepherd and Irish Terrier rescue too.

+1.

I wonder what is required to actually run a breed rescue in SA.