6 Arrested Over Murder Of Bob Knight

j

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/siv-...9-1225856210340

POLICE investigating the death of Canberra truck driver Bob Knight have arrested six men in a series of raids overnight.

The men, aged 17 to 32 years, are assisting detectives with inquiries at Campsie and Bankstown police stations.

The raids occurred about 9.30pm last night at Greenacre.

Mr Knight, 66, died when he was shot in his truck at Milperra in June last year.

Homicide squad detectives were assisted by PolAir and the Public Order and Riot Squad.

Edited by j

I hope these are the culprits, this must be horrific for Bob's family - to relive this again now.

To be killed as an innocent bystander, just making a living for your family - there has to be some justice & these gun toting crims locked up.

fifi

Fran, Bob was a breeder of beautiful GSD's, and a wonderful volunteer at his dog club and the children's hospital where he lived.

His posts here were always himself - a gentleman.

fifi

This is great news for Kojak's family.

I hope they have the book thrown at them.

Sadly, they probably wont.

They will probably have some pathetic victimhood story to tell.

But it is good to see that the police are bringing them to justice.

RIP Kojak. A good bloke, sadly missed.

Souff

they now have 9 arrested and all have had bail refused.

Jeanette has not been coping and has been unwell also, I just hope this brings some closure for her and the kids, for those whom never had the pleasure to meet Bob or his wife and children you really missed out. The whole family are just like Bob, the most wonderful kind caring people you could ever have the pleasure to call friends.

I totally agree Eridor and I am so honoured and privaleged that I was welcomed into their friendship when I arrived on these shores. Tony and I miss Bo every day in one way or another and we think of Jeanette just as often, hoping that she will rise above this terrible tragedy.

More, from the local paper

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news/local...dy/1809947.aspx

Charges help family cope with tragedy

BY DAVID STOCKMAN, POLICE REPORTER

22 Apr, 2010 09:01 AM

Bob Knight's family is finding peace for the first time in almost a year.

Widow Jeanette Knight and her children continue to mourn the loss of the popular Canberra truck driver but news yesterday that NSW police had charged seven people over the 66-year-old's alleged murder is easing their pain.

Police will allege a dispute between two families on June 25 last year escalated into a shoot-out outside a western Sydney KFC outlet that led to a stray bullet killing the passing Macgregor truckie.

Police allege the bullet hit Mr Knight some 200m away, killing him almost immediately.

Four men and three teenagers have been charged with murder and affray after a series of arrests on Tuesday night and yesterday morning in Sydney's south-west.

Two men were arrested in Greenacre on Tuesday night, with two men aged 20 and 18, and 16 and 17-year-old youths arrested during simultaneous swoops yesterday morning.

A 17-year-old youth turned himself in at Campsie police station about midday yesterday and was charged.

Detective Inspector Pamela Young said the investigation pointed to a confrontation between two feuding family groups and some of their friends.

''The allegation is that they met at the KFC car park to fight each other, we allege to fire shots at each other, [and] a stray bullet has left the KFC car park and travelled so far that it did hit Bob Knight as he was driving his truck,'' Inspector Young said.

A truck driver for 30 years, Mr Knight was was known as an excellent operator who fastidiously maintained his trucks. He was married to Jeanette for almost 46 years.

His family welcomed the charges and praised the police for their diligence.

For more on this story, see the print edition of today's Canberra Times.

It was before my time on DOL as well, but am just relieved to hear of the news.

I just remember hearing about it on the news when it happened and just thought how tragic it was that something like that could happen ;)