What Don't Most People Know About Your Breed?

RallyValley

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is not a French Poodle....they actually originated from Germany!

It not a king or giant Poodle.....its a Standard Poodle!

And lastly.....no it is definately not a Labdradoodle :eek: Argh!!!

grrrrr - that is MY pet hat, too

Also:

There is an historic reason for the Continental, or show clip

They were actually bred for water retrieving

Poodle puppies also like the "cockroach position"

S6001175.jpg

Where did the French Poodle bit come from anyway???

Wheatens, despite being an Irish breed, don't like the rain (well mine don't!)
Unless there's a walk involved.
True, very, very true
They have a definate sense of humour and love to make you laugh. This includes putting their cold nose or wet beard on bare skin when you aren't paying them enough attention.
Or belting you over the head with their big fat paws.
Also true :laugh:
If you bend down and say hello to them properly, they'll stop harrassing you.
Your wheatens must be broken, Mollie. Grumpy never gives up so easily! :p
Damn, maybe I can get a refund!
Your wheatens are broken, Mollie10. ;)

:eek: Maybe I can send them to you for fixing?

Edited by Mollie10

It is not a French Poodle....they actually originated from Germany!

It not a king or giant Poodle.....its a Standard Poodle!

And lastly.....no it is definately not a Labdradoodle :eek: Argh!!!

grrrrr - that is MY pet hat, too

Also:

There is an historic reason for the Continental, or show clip

They were actually bred for water retrieving

Poodle puppies also like the "cockroach position"

S6001175.jpg

Where did the French Poodle bit come from anyway???

Also because it is generally held to be the National dog of France (those Froggies will claim anything :laugh: )

I wish this thread had more actual interesting facts about different breeds not just telling us what Joe Blow thinks about it and that it's "not" that.

Edited by Bindii

People always think Teegan is either a small Brittany or an Red English Springer Spaniel :laugh: ;)

Sometimes i think she need a sign that says "Hi, my name is Teegan and I'm a Welsh Springer Spaniel" :(

Also something people may not know about welshies is they are great Crumb finders, leave a crumb on the floor, she is sure to smell it from another room and find it

in no time, or leave anything down on the coffee table and look out!

Edited by *Heidi*

People always think Teegan is either a small Brittany or an Red English Springer Spaniel :laugh: ;)

Sometimes i think she need a sign that says "Hi, my name is Teegan and I'm a Welsh Springer Spaniel" :(

Also something people may not know about welshies is they are great Crumb finders, leave a crumb on the floor, she is sure to smell it from another room and find it

I need a sign like that for my two "Hi we're soft coated wheaten terriers - google us!"

I need a sign like that for my two "Hi we're soft coated wheaten terriers - google us!"

Use what I use and buy a coat have the breed embroidered on the side, so easy! well ok its a bit easier!

Most people dont know that behind closed doors Rhodesian Ridgebacks, aka African Lion Dogs are in fact

the BIGGEST SOOKY LA-LA's in the world............... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The Kelpie is far tougher :o

Rat

So true, my parcel post man is scared of that huge dog, but little does he know, Holly would just lick him to death. :rofl: :rofl:

& a cockroach problem here too. :laugh:

post-25649-1272534551_thumb.jpg

I wish this thread had more actual interesting facts about different breeds not just telling us what Joe Blow thinks about it and that it's "not" that.

Go to breeds 101 great stuff there

Oh, very clever!!! But nope, they're the main facts and info on the breeds.

This thread was supposed to be a thread about learning interesting facts about a breed that other dog savvy people might not know about - Like that most Samoyeds have one black strand of hair somewhere on them. I never would have known that but found it very interesting when I found Fletcher's and then found out that they all do!

In any other thread people would be apologising for taking it off topic, but it's been totally acceptable here. Just would love to read some interesting little facts!

From the OP:

I would love to get some new tibits of information and I love haring about breeds from the people who live with them. smile.gif

Not "I would love to hear the crazy things that people think about your dog that aren't true!"

Edited by Bindii

Its a Shar Pei, not a pit bull or a pug

Bah! Yuna has been called "puggie" too...and a Boxer :laugh: but that was a little kid so we let it slide...

Airedales do have a brain...they are actually very bright, but they also love having fun...and your rules are just no fun.

And they are experts at the cockroach!

5.jpg

People love to tell me that I'm not feeding my dog enough and that he is far too skinny! He's an Italian Greyhound and we get lots of people in our town stopping to pet him on walks which is lovely because it's made him very friendly.. but I wish people would understand when I say that he's a sight hound and he's SUPPOSED to be very slender!