Healing Vibes Needed For My Aunty's 2 Dogs (photo Update!)

I would be worried if the story was given to the paper that it could possibly change from being a "Bad Owner" story, to a "all pit bulls are evil" story. I'm sure my Aunty would not want this either, I will pass the idea along to her though. If written correctly it could be a very good story, a way of building awareness.

(Would they be able to post images like that in the local paper?)

Yes true - I guess that's a tough call because if she's not caught and the dog continues to do it there will be more innocent dogs harmed and it's likely to end up in the news anyway.

At least if you and your Aunty are involved in getting it into the newspaper you have a better chance of focussing the story on the owner and not the breed of the dog. But yes, difficult call.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How horrific. What those photos fail to show, is the emotional trauma and scarring that they have been through (and your Aunty as well).

I wish them all the very best for a fast physical recovery - and I truly hope that they can then start to heal their emotional scars.

Max and Zack you are vey brave little guys, I hope your recovery is swift and your healing is complete physically and emotionally :laugh:

Words fail me as to the inhumanity and callousness shown by the woman of the attacking dog, another oxygen thief ruining the chances of saving Bull breeds due to bad handling and ignorance.

Edited by Robbi

Sending healing vibes to Max and Zac and hope they make a full speedy recovery.

Just thought I would share. I was on holidays at Jervis Bay on the weekend. Down on the beach there was a husband and wife walking their GSD on a leash and there was a guy walking two standard poodles and a Kelpie x? on coming the other direction. The three dogs attacked the GSD and it took all of the ladies and mans strength to seperate them. The owner of the 3 dogs just kept walking didnt call them/try and separate them just kept walking.

Luckily they managed to get them off quite quickly and no damage to GSD but you can imagine my horror when the dogs came running in my two little girls direction!!! I was quick to them and said to the guy that he should be controlling his dogs and he just ignored me and kept walking!!! Disaster waiting to happen.

Update!

So Max and Zack had a checkup today. The vet was very surprised that Max is putting any weight at all on his leg, so that is a good sign! He's still worried about Zacks neck, the muscles could be damaged. His neck was swollen so they're going to keep watching it. :cry: Poor boys. They're on pain medication.

The area this happened in was in North Hobart, and the beginning of the Joggers Loop. The botanical garden side.

I think the only thing we can do is carry pocket knifes and stab the attacking dog, how else do you get it off!

Cattle prods, less risk of getting bitten yourself!

It's the complacent attitude that is far worse than the actual attack, yes the attack is terrible but bad things happen (the lead broke)...problem is people make it worse, standing there and saying "He'll let go when he tires" is crazy. :p I'll stop kicking your dog in the head when I get tired!!!!!. And not offering any assistance is criminal.

Just scrolled back and saw the photos. :eek: Those poor dogs are lucky to be alive, particularly the Schnauzer whose jugular was very close to the bite by the looks of things.

Edited by LizT

I think the only thing we can do is carry pocket knifes and stab the attacking dog, how else do you get it off!

Cattle prods, less risk of getting bitten yourself!

It's the complacent attitude that is far worse than the actual attack, yes the attack is terrible but bad things happen (the lead broke)...problem is people make it worse, standing there and saying "He'll let go when he tires" is crazy. :laugh: I'll stop kicking your dog in the head when I get tired!!!!!. And not offering any assistance is criminal.

Just scrolled back and saw the photos. :laugh:Those poor dogs are lucky to be alive, particularly the Schnauzer whose jugular was very close to the bite by the looks of things.

Exactly right, if he hadn't managed to twist out of the way of the majority of the bite, I'm certain he would be dead.

:laugh: Nothing yet about the identity of the owner.

:thumbsup::thanks:

So horrible.An absolute nightmare. Such an awful thing for them and your aunt to go through. They look like such beautiful dogs.

I agree the offending dogs owner is crazy and dangerous with a dog like that not under control. :eek:

So sorry this has happened.Really hope that it will be OK and all 3 make a speedy recovery physically and emotionally.

Sending lots & lots of healing vibes and healing doggy licks. XOX

Edited by MelissaS

Shhheeeeeee it !!

Those poor little dogs. Your aunt must have been in shock getting them to the vet.

That dreadful woman HAS to be found.

Frankly, I'd be going to the police.

I agree!! Council and police because this woman should not be a dog owner. I hope the little ones aren't scarred for life psychologically...those pictures really bring it home. I hope this woman is found and I would encourage your aunt to go all the way INCLUDING recovery of costs.

I would be worried if the story was given to the paper that it could possibly change from being a "Bad Owner" story, to a "all pit bulls are evil" story. I'm sure my Aunty would not want this either, I will pass the idea along to her though. If written correctly it could be a very good story, a way of building awareness.

(Would they be able to post images like that in the local paper?)

Yes true - I guess that's a tough call because if she's not caught and the dog continues to do it there will be more innocent dogs harmed and it's likely to end up in the news anyway.

At least if you and your Aunty are involved in getting it into the newspaper you have a better chance of focussing the story on the owner and not the breed of the dog. But yes, difficult call.

I'm afraid that blaming the breed here is a risk however as spotty chick said there are ways to put forward the side you want emphasized.

Thanks again everyone for the well wishes! Max and Zack are doing well. They're very unhappy boys but looking good so far. They're on some heavy pain medication so just sleeping the days away for now.

I will mention to her about informing the police, though I don't know if the police would do anything because don't they refer that kind of stuff onto animal control?

Any advice at all is appreciated :thumbsup:!

Why mention a breed if it went to the paper? As the OP stated
that my aunty believes is a pitbull

Because one the main reasons to Mention it to the paper is the hope that someone will recognise the description of the dog or/and the women, and turn in their name.

Yes my aunty "believes" it is a pitbull. Since she had a fair amount of time to look at the dog while trying to pull it off her beloved pet.

Like I said, "(Her friend owns pitbulls so she does know what they look like, and is actually a fan of the breed)"

Has your aunt reported it to the police?

I stress I believe this should be done, because the woman is nuts.

What an awful thing to have happened :thumbsup:

From what the OP has said, I wouldn't be surprised if the woman isn't actually afraid of the dog - esp if she was reluctant to make any attempts to control it. You may even find that its not her dog, but her partners (or similar).

Sadly, unless it can be found its only a matter of time before it will attack again.