Women Injured And Animals Killed In Overnight Fires (caboolture Qld)

Boronia

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jed, I wanted to PM you, but your box was full.

I just read that your laptop finally gave up the ghost.

I have an older one here that isn't being used. It's an Acer and although old, is still good. All it needs is a battery pack and I can organise that. I also need to pull crap off it. But, I can check it and see if it still works. If it does, it's yours if you want it?

Ok, do the minor cutting on the pressure suit Jed, you are detrmined to aren't you!

You will also get into trouble with the pressure-suit Nazis...they will know it was you who did the cutting

A tip to remember...don't run with those scissors :cheer:

Hope you are feeling ok this morning (perhaps just cut a little hole in the elbow-part eh)

Hi Jed

Pressure suits sound horrible but I guess they have to be that tight to help. Hopefully the OT's will let you snip the elbow bit away.

Lots of healing vibes for you from here. I think of you and your dogs every day.

I showed OH the photos of your house...he used to be a volunteer in the local CFA and he was amazed that you managed to get back in as many times as you did and came out alive. Still brings prickles to my skin to look at what you went through.

Hugs and flatcoat licks from Tassie!! :cheer:

Ker, I'd love the laptop. Will clean out my inbox and pm you.

Seems that the OT Nazis will cut down and hem the edges of the pressure suits for me. Grovelling does work!! They are actually very helpful.

Jed

I went to a show last week, and had cuddles with an old friend That was nice.

Doggy friend, folks!! :thumbsup:

Me too, flatchat. Didn't seem that bad at the time. And I had stuff to do.

Good on your ot people Jed, I'm glad they're being accommodating. :laugh: It's lovely to hear that you made it to a dog show and even better to know you got some good canine cuddles. :)

Jed, I wanted to PM you, but your box was full.

I just read that your laptop finally gave up the ghost.

I have an older one here that isn't being used. It's an Acer and although old, is still good. All it needs is a battery pack and I can organise that. I also need to pull crap off it. But, I can check it and see if it still works. If it does, it's yours if you want it?

That's really lovely ker. :)

Just checked. All good, still works fine. It's an Asus, not an Acer. Older machine, not so pretty, but works GREAT. Has a DVD writer and all. It's been kicking around here in a box for a while. I just need to pull a LOT of crap off it and it's yours. Gimme a couple of days to do that and to track down a new charger thingie (very technical there). I wasn't sure what to do with it and was going to let the kids use it, but they have a desktop.

PM me an address where it's to go to in a couple of days :heart:

Still thinking of you Jed. Great they will make the pressure suit more comfortable for you. Ive seen how tight those things are and know I would hate to have to wear one.

Excellent you will have another laptop courtesy of Ker :heart:

Just checked. All good, still works fine. It's an Asus, not an Acer. Older machine, not so pretty, but works GREAT. Has a DVD writer and all. It's been kicking around here in a box for a while. I just need to pull a LOT of crap off it and it's yours. Gimme a couple of days to do that and to track down a new charger thingie (very technical there). I wasn't sure what to do with it and was going to let the kids use it, but they have a desktop.

PM me an address where it's to go to in a couple of days :heart:

If you can let me know what type of charger/Adaptor? (DC, AC, input/output) Ker I will check here as we have HEAPS of them. We seem to collect them for a just-in-case-we-need-them-day.

It's the charger thing to plug into the wall lol. It's an Asus A9RP (I think). Am not at home to check at the moment, but I think that's what it was. I'll check when I get home and if any different, will leave a message here.

Thanks, Ker, that's so nice. As long as the children don't need it. And it will have a lovely lifetime home :shrug:

The one which died was a HP, so I am sure the charger and battery wont fit. Which is a pity.

Nearly bought a laptop last weekend, pleased I decided to think about till this week.

The HP looked good, although the case had some burn holes in it - it went for a few weeks, and then died due to heat stroke. It's been a good lesson. :D The washing machine looks good too - fine, except the lid has melted, ditto the dryer, the door is sort of oozing down the front of it, for all the world like a Salvador Dali painting of the melting clocks. I was sooooo tempted to try to resurrect them, but the untimely demise of the laptop was a good lesson of the power of heat

Getting the pressure gear on resembles a cross between a belly dance by a 60 stone Samoan, the effects of a cobra bite, learning to do the twist. Jump up and down, shake, rattle and roll. The zip wont go up, the sides wont stay together. No one is allowed to watch because they fall about laughing (I have their names and addresses in my black book for when I am more agile, vengeance will be mine) and once it is on, shallow breaths and upright posture is the order of the day.

And I try to look on the bright side --- there's always the possibility that I might not have needed a pressure suit at all, so the outcome, whilst not perfect is 100% better than it could have been, yes?

Yes indeedy Jed, agree totally. Hopefully all the good vibes will help your skin heal extra fast and the dreaded suit will then be no more!! :shrug:

+1

and if the laptop gives you any troubles let me know, OH is a computer geek and manages to keep our laptops going in spite of myself and my sons best attempt to kill the damn things :D

Your inbox is still full lol.

My kids do NOT need it - they'll wreck it. A desktop is far more suitable for them. I was only going to let them use it cause it's been sitting around doing absolutely nothing.

Where do you want me to send it? I've come across a charger on Ebay - way cheaper than in the stores so I'll have that sent direct to you.