Women Injured And Animals Killed In Overnight Fires (caboolture Qld)

Boronia

There is nothing that I can say that hasnt already been said.

Fight on Jed your durbabies will be waiting for you.

Can I ask who or what is TBCSITW?

and who is Magnus?

Magnus aka TBCSITW (The Best Cocker Spaniel In The World) is Jed's beloved cocker who ran off when the remaining dogs were being transported away from the property. :thumbsup:

ok thanks for that.

Is there a pic somewhere of TBCSITW? I have friends up that way not far from Jeds, I can forward it to them to keep an eye out for him.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do hope Magnus is found. :thumbsup:

I noticed someone asked about sending Jane (? is that her name?) cards, flowers etc. Can anyone suggest where we could send them please?

I was wondering about that also. Can Steve or Toohey give out the address of Caitlin (if she gives permission)? Or maybe we could send them c/- of the Dog grooming lady mentioned earlier.

O.K. Probably the best address is 349 Transmitter Rd Wooroolin 4608 .This is Pacers Queensland address and it will be the quickest and easiest to pass them onto Jane when we can.

Lesley and Marg are right in there and it will be easier to get them to her when she is awake.

Thanks for that Steve :laugh:

There is nothing that I can say that hasnt already been said.

Fight on Jed your durbabies will be waiting for you.

Can I ask who or what is TBCSITW?

and who is Magnus?

Magnus aka TBCSITW (The Best Cocker Spaniel In The World) is Jed's beloved cocker who ran off when the remaining dogs were being transported away from the property. :thumbsup:

ok thanks for that.

Is there a pic somewhere of TBCSITW? I have friends up that way not far from Jeds, I can forward it to them to keep an eye out for him.

There's a pic on page 18 (post # 270) and another on page 20 (post # 290).

I do hope Magnus is found. :thumbsup:

I noticed someone asked about sending Jane (? is that her name?) cards, flowers etc. Can anyone suggest where we could send them please?

I was wondering about that also. Can Steve or Toohey give out the address of Caitlin (if she gives permission)? Or maybe we could send them c/- of the Dog grooming lady mentioned earlier.

O.K. Probably the best address is 349 Transmitter Rd Wooroolin 4608 .This is Pacers Queensland address and it will be the quickest and easiest to pass them onto Jane when we can.

Lesley and Marg are right in there and it will be easier to get them to her when she is awake.

is it possible to give the cards to Caitlin so she can get some comfort knowing how many people cared about her mum?

Caitlin knows whats going on and we have constant contact with her.

excellent, thank you

:) Another here who has always valued Jed even though I've never met her - from the time I first joined DOL, Jed has been one of the stand out posters due to her absolute good sense, no nonsense style, great sense of humour and obvious love and understanding of dogs, particularly her own.

So devastated to read that such a terrible thing has happened to such a great person. :rofl:

Wishing with all my heart that Jed recovers, that Magnus is found safe and sound, that the other surviving dogs are not too traumatised and that the emotional toll is not too much for Jed to bear.

R.I.P. those who perished, I hope your journey to the other side was swift and pain free. :thumbsup:

To all those organising, supporting and keeping us updated, heartfelt thanks. Those of us further away really appreciate your efforts. :laugh:

To those who know Jed personally, family and friends, and are struggling to come to terms with this dreadful tragedy, hugs from the other side of the country. :shrug:

A card and a small donation will be on their way tomorrow...

Thanks for the updates, and thanks again to those doing so much to help Jed through this time :thumbsup: Sending as many healing vibes as I possibly can, looking forward to reading that she is feeling a little better :laugh:

I have been reading through all of the posts in the different threads since yesterday but I could not work out what to say. I still don't know what to say :)

This is absolutely tragic :shrug: My thoughts are with you Jed and your beautiful dogs. Wishing you all the best for a quick recovery.

Thinking of you and your family at this terrible time :laugh:

RIP to the other precious dogs :thumbsup:

I do hope Magnus is found. :)

Thanks Steve, will be sending a card to Jane today

Well, a new dawn. With all my heart I am hoping we get at the very least some small good news on Jane's condition. Her first 24hrs post trauma is over, and if she has got through this OK, then her prognosis has got to be getting better, I hope.

And I dearly hope Magnus has been found or will be today.

Well, a new dawn. With all my heart I am hoping we get at the very least some small good news on Jane's condition. Her first 24hrs post trauma is over, and if she has got through this OK, then her prognosis has got to be getting better, I hope.

There will be no progress reports on her condition for at least a couple of days as when the airways are burned the swelling is the issue for the first few days.

No word on any sighting of Magnus which we would have expected by now - not looking good.

There will be no progress reports on her condition for at least a couple of days as when the airways are burned the swelling is the issue for the first few days.

No word on any sighting of Magnus which we would have expected by now - not looking good.

Thanks Steve. I understand we won't know more for a couple of days at least about Jane, but provided she has made it through the first night, you would at least think that that is a good sign, if you know what I mean.

Bugger about Magnus. I think he will still turn up. I just feel it. Here's hoping.

How are you holding up? did you get any sleep last night?

Magnus, silly beautiful boy, come home :) Hopefully he's found somewhere warm and comfy for the night and some person who is totally naive to all that's gone on or who hasn't got the 'click' yet that it could be Jed's dog is looking after him.

Airway damage is difficult to assess until the swelling goes down, Steve is totally right.

I'm praying so hard she gets through these next few hours. A neighbour of mine went suffered very similar airway injuries in a bushfire when I was a teen (though with much worse physical burns). He pulled through and I'm hoping Jed can too. I don't know Jed other than on DOL but I really struggled to stay focused on tasks yesterday, having to come back constantly and check these threads in the vain hope that good news would appear.

I'm hoping Magnus is found.