Women Injured And Animals Killed In Overnight Fires (caboolture Qld)

Boronia

I would also like to say how proud I am of everyone on here, I'll never forget the amazing support and thoughts of strength I got when we nearly lost Atlas last year and of course this is so exponentially worse but it opened my eyes to the kindness of people who have never met but share a common love :mad

:) DOLers :mad

I was thinking this too. I remember how the whole DOL community pulled together to help Leo the poodle too. It goes a long way to restoring my faith in humanity.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like others, the first thought I had when I awaoke this morning was of Jed - hoping she had made it through the night.

Burns injuries are horrendous ( my mum wne throught them many years ago ) ... and every hour that you get through is an hour closer to recovery.

Hang in there Jed :mad

Keeping fingers crossed for Magnus - hurry home precious one

I told my husband about this terrible event last night and he logged on and read through all the comments ( he nevers logs in to any forums etc ) . He had a tear in his eye and said what special people the DOL group are - so very true :)

I need to say Kyla_QLD_Cavalier_rescue has been wonderful and this morning called me from Jed's property still extremely over come with grief and frantically searching for Magnus.

Her dad who is an experienced horseman helped us to sort out what feed we needed etc for the horses.

Kyla_QLD_Cavalier_rescue I heard your tears and I know how much this has upset you and I cant say often enough how very grateful we are to have you there covering the scene for us so we are best able to help Jed.

Stay strong but know we are thinking of you and appreciate you too.

Julie

I didn't know what to say about this tragedy when I read about it yesterday and I still dont.

I think all of you involved are doing a great job and I wish I was closer to offer any help. I know from here there isn't much I can do but I will be making a donation when I get paid tomorrow.

I am so sorry for what you are going through Jed. Just know that all of us have you in out hearts and our thoughts.

I hope it was Magnus that went missing and I hope he comes home safe soon to keep those Cavvies in line.

I had a dream last night that Magnus was found - he had gone back home and was found curled up under some timber - like a woodpile. I so hoped I would come here and it would be true :mad

Like others have asked, is there someone checking the house/property regularly? He would go home right? He's probably hiding somewhere watching for someone he knows. EDIT - just read Kyla is there looking.

Keep fighting Jed.

I hope that Jed's family and close friends are ok :)

Edited by kendall

I had a dream last night that Magnus was found - he had gone back home and was found curled up under some timber - like a woodpile. I so hoped I would come here and it would be true :mad

Like others have asked, is there someone checking the house/property regularly? He would go home right? He's probably hiding somewhere watching for someone he knows.

Keep fighting Jed.

I hope that Jed's family and close friends are ok :)

there are people in and out of the property all day. Kyla_QLD_Cavalier_rescue has just done another search in the last 10 minutes.

What a wonderful machine DOL is when it cranks up! So many, with so much to offer in the way of skills ,communication and caring.

*virtual pats on the back for the ones doing the hard work*

Thank you for the update, steve :)

Sends more thoughts & prayers Jed's way. Surely she can feel them all ?

Our thoughts ofcourse are with Jed & family. I have been so overcome every time I come into this thread, I just cannot imagine. I wish there were more we could do than donate, feel useless being in another state. Thank you to everyone who is there on the ground - again it is inspirational to be involved in the dog world when you see people step up and make it happen. Sending healing and loving thoughts to all involved.

Thank you Kyla_QLD_Cavalier_Rescue :) What an amazing person you are.

Steve I hope you are doing okay too, this must be hard on you.

Ive got the easy bit - Im down south and co ordinating it all but Lesley and Marg had a hard day yesterday picking up the bodies and the survivors.Both will have their hands full ensuring the ones they have taken home will be comfortable and looked after as Jed would want them to be.

2 more bodies were found later in the day after Marg and Lesley had left and removed the bodies they found out - The two adult boxers who were found under Jed's bed so their bodies have been recovered and will be buried as well.

So sad.

Thank you Kyla_QLD_Cavalier_Rescue :) What an amazing person you are.

Steve I hope you are doing okay too, this must be hard on you.

Ive got the easy bit - Im down south and co ordinating it all but Lesley and Marg had a hard day yesterday picking up the bodies and the survivors.Both will have their hands full ensuring the ones they have taken home will be comfortable and looked after as Jed would want them to be.

2 more bodies were found later in the day after Marg and Lesley had left and removed the bodies they found out - The two adult boxers who were found under Jed's bed so their bodies have been recovered and will be buried as well.

So sad.

That is so sad, poor dogs. :mad

I had a dream last night that Magnus was found - he had gone back home and was found curled up under some timber - like a woodpile. I so hoped I would come here and it would be true :)

I pray that this was a premonition for what we all keep hoping to open up the thread and see... :mad

How heartbreaking, to think of the poor things huddled under the bed. What a fantastic job you are all doing, through what I can only imagine is extremely trying, emotionally painful circumstances. You are all wonderfully heroic.

I just want to add my admiration and thanks to those stepping in with practical help for Jed.

You are just so fabulous and I know that she will rest easier knowing her surviving dogs are being well looked after. I can only imagine how difficult this must be to deal with emotionally. :)

Lets hope Magnus comes home soon.

Just a thought, Is one of the surving dogs well enough to take back to the property ( preferably a yappy one)((OR a dog that is well know to Mangus)) so on lead can be walked say down near the river /scrub well away from the house but on the boarders that was mentioned in a previous post???

1- the dog would be known to Mangus

2- Mangus would recognise the yap/bark

3- the dogs bark would proberly carry further than say a strangers voice that Mangus didn't know???