Women Injured And Animals Killed In Overnight Fires (caboolture Qld)

Boronia

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found some of Jed's wisdom and experience to have a profound affect on my understanding of my dogs - my sincerest respect to her, and fervent best wishes for her recovery.

To all those on location - my earnest admiration and support in your efforts to help her and her family.

To all those contributing - my deepest gratitude, not just for your material contributions, but also for once again demonstrating the finer qualities of our commmunity.

Best Regards and Sympathy

Nicola

Well done, great idea :( I would suggest that you ask them to hold onto them until after the auction and Sway could then advise them of the winner's address to ship them to. That way it would save double handling and incurring any freight costs to onship to the winner. Liaise with Sway for her contact details to be provided to Deals Direct. :cry: Also ask them to provide links to the actual items they will be donating so these links can be used in the auction thread, so people know what they are bidding for.

Great minds, labsrule :rofl: .

I just came back to the computer to suggest exactly the same thing.

Can I suggest that someone local drop some posters with a photo of Magnus into the local produce stores. BettaProduce on the service road at Burpengary has a lot of the dog fraternity as customers and I believe there are a few other produce stores around the area as well.

Also has there been a contact number put up yet for people to ring if they spot Magnus? Searching through the thread I didn't see one.

I know the dog rescuers are all flat out but maybe a call to Today Tonight or ACA would get them to do a story about them and how the dog world has pulled together to help Jed and provide publicity about Magnus being missing as well as asking for donations to the fund.

To all the co-ordinators, fundraisers and especially the dog rescuers, you are doing an awsome job. I know Jed will be overwelmed by your generosity. She has a very long road ahead and will need all the help she can get.

I will be very interested to hear what caused the fire. One of our breeders here in NSW lost everything in her house in a fire caused by a plug in air freshener. Luckily she wasn't home and the dogs and cats were outside at the time, so all were safe but if the fire had occured at night the outcome could have been much more tragic. She also had all her dog paperwork in a filing cabinet in the garage, so that was saved as well. There was a fundraising show here to help her get back on her feet, so hopefully Qld will be able to do this for Jed as well.

Just thinking out loud here, has anyone been in touch with canine council QLD ?

It might be a good idea for them to have the basics, ie the banking details and the addy for cards, and a contact person or web addy for the MDBA for statements / media / dog people to get updates. ect.

And a few real facts, as I've noticed on a few groups / mailing lists that the facts are becoming a bit frayed with the re-telling.

fifi

I need to say Kyla_QLD_Cavalier_rescue has been wonderful and this morning called me from Jed's property still extremely over come with grief and frantically searching for Magnus.

Her dad who is an experienced horseman helped us to sort out what feed we needed etc for the horses.

Kyla_QLD_Cavalier_rescue I heard your tears and I know how much this has upset you and I cant say often enough how very grateful we are to have you there covering the scene for us so we are best able to help Jed.

Stay strong but know we are thinking of you and appreciate you too.

Julie

Kyla thank you for what you are doing, have done and will continue to do. You are amazing. :(

Thank you Kyla_QLD_Cavalier_Rescue :rofl: What an amazing person you are.

Steve I hope you are doing okay too, this must be hard on you.

Ive got the easy bit - Im down south and co ordinating it all but Lesley and Marg had a hard day yesterday picking up the bodies and the survivors.Both will have their hands full ensuring the ones they have taken home will be comfortable and looked after as Jed would want them to be.

2 more bodies were found later in the day after Marg and Lesley had left and removed the bodies they found out - The two adult boxers who were found under Jed's bed so their bodies have been recovered and will be buried as well.

So sad.

OMG :cry::cry::cry:

Lesley & Marg - thank you both also. What angels.

Hey guys, I'm having a bit of problem viewing pages can someone repost Jed's recovery progress how she is doing today. I would also like to send a get well card.

Details for donations and cards is pinned in General.

Don't think there's been an update on her condition today.

Hey guys, I'm having a bit of problem viewing pages can someone repost Jed's recovery progress how she is doing today. I would also like to send a get well card.

Details for donations and cards is pinned in General.

Don't think there's been an update on her condition today.

Update in Jane's condition today directly from Steve was that there is no change.

Edited by dyzney

It sounds as if the death toll may be much higher than originally thought. If she had at least 20 cavs and only 8 survived, thats 12 cavs alone... plus 3 boxer pups plus an unknown number of adult boxers.

Its jsut horrific :( I am having trouble wrapping my mind around losing that many dogs all at once, not to mention years of blood sweat and tears breeding them. I cant even begin to imagine how Jed is going to feel when she is conscious. I dont know how you would ever receover psychologically from that kind of loss :rofl:

It sounds as if the death toll may be much higher than originally thought. If she had at least 20 cavs and only 8 survived, thats 12 cavs alone... plus 3 boxer pups plus an unknown number of adult boxers.

Its jsut horrific :( I am having trouble wrapping my mind around losing that many dogs all at once, not to mention years of blood sweat and tears breeding them. I cant even begin to imagine how Jed is going to feel when she is conscious. I dont know how you would ever receover psychologically from that kind of loss :rofl:

+1... let alone her home and all her personal belongings. I have no idea what if anything has been salvable. Here's hoping they are managing to save some of her possessions.

I live a few minutes walk from that produce store at burpengary, I can do that if you like.

I have sent Steve a draft of the poster I have created so if I get the go ahead to print them up I could I drop some posters off to you to put around the area :(

Edit

And of course I wouldn't have to come to your house I could meet you at that shop if you like! :rofl:

Edited by First Time Puppy Owner

I live a few minutes walk from that produce store at burpengary, I can do that if you like.

I have sent Steve a draft of the poster I have created so if I get the go ahead to print them up I could I drop some posters off to you to put around the area :(

Edit

And of course I wouldn't have to come to your house I could meet you at that shop if you like! :rofl:

Thank You both.

was really hoping to hear Magnus had been found :cry: huge :rofl: and :cry: to all the people helping Jane,

I'm trying to organise to collect monetary donations to Jane/PACERS at Gold Coast CC shows on Sunday, still waiting to hear back on whether this is possible.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who hugged their doggies extra last night and this morning, so many little paws across the bridge :cry::(

+1... let alone her home and all her personal belongings. I have no idea what if anything has been salvable. Here's hoping they are managing to save some of her possessions.

Oh god I hadnt even considered her home! Im an idiot.. it jsut hadnt crossed my mind. I guess though that material things can always be replace, I jsut pray she was well insured. But no matter how well insured she was her beloved dogs are gone forever ..

Have just delivered hard feed for the ponies and met Kyla_QLD_Cavalier_rescue and her Dad :rofl:

No wonder Kyla QCR was in tears, it is just devastating. :(

No sign of Magnus.

Burpengary is a little far from Magnus's home, but if FTPO can send me the posters I can distribute them to businesses in the vicinity of his home.

Wow, this thread is growing so quickly, I only checked it earlier today and had 7 pages to catch up on. Its amazing to see so much support for someone who most of us have never met.

I was hoping Magnus would be found by now :rofl:

But good news that Jed is hanging in there :(