Women Injured And Animals Killed In Overnight Fires (caboolture Qld)

Boronia

Hi guys,

I bought a Shining Star teddy bear from work a little while ago, I just wanted the bear and not the star - They are pretty easy to use, you just log in and follow the instructions to name the star - I am happy to send it off to someone if they want to do one for Jed or her dogs that have been lost.

I read a lot of her posts and admired her, but was never really close, so do not want to do this on her behalf when there are others out there who are close to her.

If someone would like to do this, just let me know and PM me your address and i will get it in the mail to you today/tomorrow

It isnt much, but I am broke and cant really offer anything else :)

Cin

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I, too had hoped that by this morning Magnus had been found, please come home Magnus, your Mum needs you desperately now.

Sending prayers for your recovery Jed.

Thankyou to the wonderful people taking care of the other dogs, and keeping us informed, it is just wonderful how everyone has rallied around to help during this tragedy, it restores ones faith in humanity.

Was hoping to hear Magnus had been at least seen. Come on mate, we need you found!

Fran - you are doing a great job and the memorial plaque is a brilliant idea.

Here's hoping all of the people that are dealing with all at Jeds place and looking after her dogs at least managed to get some rest, you guys are doing a great job - please look after yourselves as well.

Hoping to hear Jed has improved markedly today. Healing thoughts to you.

Has anyone heard how her cat is going? I have been thinking about her as well.

Thoughts and prayers continuing for Jed, Magnus and all of Jed's four legged companions.

Harminee, your ideas were lovely - the rainbow bridge portraits are a beautiful idea and photos of Jane's remaining animals to look at and keep close whilst she's recovering is something that I imagine she would treasure as well.

I logged on first thing - hoping desperately that Magnus might have been found safe and sound. Please come home soon Magnus, it will make a massive difference. I'm so pleased to hear details of the survivors though, they all sound very special - and I'm sure they will all assist in the task of healing Jed emotionally.

I'm also heartened to hear that Jed, whilst not out of the woods, is holding her own. True fighting spirit. Our prays for a speedy recovery will continue.

And lastly, a big thank you to all who have assisted through this nightmare. I feel privileged to be part of such a wonderful, caring group of people that would go out of their way to help one of our own, and others. It's truly heart warming. You are real heroes - each and every one of you, and I'm sure that Jed will be helped through the aftermath of this by knowing that she has so many wonderful people supporting her.

So, come on Magnus, come home sweetheart... your Mum needs you, we all need you to come home and bring something positive back :)

My thoughts exactly.

Logged in this morning and relieved to hear Jane is holding her own, that is great news. I was hoping to read Magnus has at least been sighted if not found the poor boy must be so stressed and scared and I hope he is close somewhere and will see that everyone is trying to help him and come out so he can be taken care of.

To all the people organizing and helping you are amazing and I take my hat off to you, please make sure you all get some rest as well in this trying time.

To Jane's family and friends stay strong and thank you for keeping us all updated.

To all the wonderful dolers giving their support and also coming up with all the beautiful thoughts and ideas you are a great bunch of people, for those you who aren't able to give financially please know it's the little things of support, thoughts and words that are also important.

I like many others don't know Jed personally but respect her wealth of wisdom, calm thinking posts and her humour, she is one of a kind who is very special to all on Dol.

Lets hope the day keeps bringing good news that Magnus is found and Jane continues to slowly improve.

I too hope that all those helping managed to get some rest last night.

Poor little Magnus, I really hope he found somewhere safe and warm for the night and that he is found very soon :)

Has anyone heard how her cat is going? I have been thinking about her as well.

The cat went with the RSPCA didn't she, Steve do you know if she got collected as well?

I am a member of an international dog list. Recently they had a little rescue puppy mill dog go missing in the US and she was found using a tracker. She, like Magnus, was very scared and the tracker saved her life.

Does anyone know of a similar person in Qld?

Some positive news :)

I'm also glad the oldies made it through, and little ChiChi

So, just waiting on Magnus now...

I have emailed his pic through to everyone I know in QLD, and asked them to send it on to anyone in Caboolture or the surrounding areas - and also asked them to pass the pic onto their friends, neighbours and family. The more eyes looking, the more chance of success.

I do hope he is found soon. Can't imagine how traumatised they must all feel.

I am a member of an international dog list. Recently they had a little rescue puppy mill dog go missing in the US and she was found using a tracker. She, like Magnus, was very scared and the tracker saved her life.

Anything is worth a shot isn't it? :)

The RSPCA vet was worried about Chi Chi who falls over now and then but anyone who has read Jed's stories about this little rescue dog will know she has neurological damage and, for her, falling over is normal which is why Jed never re homed her...

We are still hoping Magnus is alive so everyone in that area spread the word and keep your eyes and ears open.

I knew a nice couple near Brisbane who adopted 2 little chihuahuas who had that same neurological problem. They'd trot along, then topple over...& happily get up again & keep going as if nothing bad had happened. Like Jed's Chi Chi, they lived a protected, happy & much loved life.

I'd hope for concentrated local efforts on finding Magnus....rangers, posters up, leaving piles of kibble at his home site, Caboolture Community Radio, searching the area. There's a rescue group in Caboolture...they'd have a network of doggie people (Caboolture & Districts Animal Welfare‎).

Edited by mita

Jed was first in my thoughts this morning when I woke up and I was hoping Magnus would be found overnight.

Everything crossed here that he comes home today.

All of you involved directly in helping Jed have my utmost admiration - you are doing an amazing thing for an amazing lady.

This was my thought as well.. Is there anyone with a tracker dog in QLD?

Jed was first in my thoughts this morning when I woke up and I was hoping Magnus would be found overnight.

Everything crossed here that he comes home today.

All of you involved directly in helping Jed have my utmost admiration - you are doing an amazing thing for an amazing lady.

Exactley what CBL said.

I couldn't sleep much, kept waking up teary with thought of Jed & her dogs.

I hope all the love & candles winged their way to her last night.

card going today.

fifi

Yes I hope that food is being left at his home... hunger, and seeking comfort of his home/humans may *hopefully* tempt him back long enough for someone to find him.

Slim chance, but better than nothing. He may be scared off by the smell/memories of the trauma.

All the very best wishes for those going out on the hunt for Magnus today - will be hoping for some relieving news.

Teebs that is a wonderful thought, i think you should go right ahead and send it anyway. I think it would be a comfort to her to know that there was a special start out there to mark the passing of her angels and her heroic act. If you dont feel comfortable sending it from you specifically send it annonymously and Pacers can pass it on? Or maybe just send it from a DOL member?

Its a lovely idea :)

Sending all my come home vibes to Magnus and all my get well vibes to Jed.