Bobby The Iggy...

fiery_di

With great sadness I write this post. Our beloved, annoying, quirky, one of a kind, Bobby the Iggy left us to make his new home at Rainbow Bridge last night.

Some of you probably know of Bobby's past ailments. These were all controlled by large doses of daily meds. Poor lil mite must have reached his time..

Scott left for uni at 5.50pm, but rang me to tell me that Bobby was having one of his 'not so good days', wobbly, etc, so he had left him on his bed in the lounge room with his blanket over him.

I left work pretty much on whistle time so that I could get home to keep an eye on him. I got home at 6.45pm and must have missed him by literally 5-10mins. Bobby had passed lying on his bed in the lounge snug in his warm blanket.

I loved him dearly, for the 3 short BUT full years that I was lucky enough to have him for. I will miss him so much, but take great comfort knowing that Ruby, Matilda & Shadow will all be there to greet him at Rainbow Bridge, united once more, just like the good ol days on the orchard..

Bobby Dazzler!! You were one in a trillion!! I will miss you sooooooooo much!! I will miss you clawing at me to give you more pats. I will miss you 'talking' to me in your gorgeous iggy whine.. I will miss your stinky farts. I will miss watching you sprawled out lying in the sun. I will miss your constant whining for food. I will miss everything about you.

Goodbye sweet man, and cant wait to see you again one day at the Bridge.. xxxxxxxxx

Edited by fiery_di

I've posted on your FB already but Di I am just so sorry.

I loved hearing stories about Bobby, he was such a funny old man. I know how an iggy can worm his way into your heart.

Big hugs Di.

Rest and happiness forever sweet Bobby - he sounds like he was a tremendous friend.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm sure he tried his best to hang on till you got home. But I'm sure he'll be waiting for you one day.

Big hugs, it's never easy - and there never seem to be the right words...

So sorry for you Di at the passing of your little man. :( There's nothing quite like an iggy, they can worm their way into your heart and your bed so so easily. At least now he can run true and free at the bridge till he meets up with his family once again. RIP Bobby! :heart:

• 1 month later...
RIP Bobby.. I know well what loving an iggy is like.. sounds like Bobby was such a big personality for such a little body :laugh:

Extremely big personality for that lil 5-6kg body of his!! So much so that S & I think we have found our 'heart' breed in this one!!